main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reinstate Darth Sapient Petition Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord_NoONE, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Well all know about the TF.n drama. This is a joke, IMO. DarthSapient's contribution to 2SA, back in the day, and 3SA has been significant. Frankly, the boards are worse off without his moderation and he needs to be reinstated. So post a message! Show support! Send a message to get DarthSapient reinstated as a moderator in these forums.

If you don't know what's been going on with the mods of late then click HERE.

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    [idiot] in before the lock [/idiot]

3. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    What about other Mods(or ex-Mods)?

4. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Why should this thread be locked? This is a valid medium for showing and voicing support for getting a moderator reinstated. If it's locked then what can we lowly users do to voice support and solidarity in a coherent fashion? Not much, me thinks.

Start other petitions for the other moderators that want back in. Let TF.n know what you think!

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    If it's locked then what can we lowly users do to voice support and solidarity in a coherent fashion? Not much, me thinks.

How about in the appropriate thread that already exists ?

6. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
  7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't think there really is anything we (the regular users) can do to get the mods re-instated.

8. NateDanger

NateDanger Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    This thread was originally opened in the 3SA forum, but Darth Sinister (rightly) closed it. However, he did say that it could be reopened in the proper forum.

9. Darth-Walken

Darth-Walken Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I propose that Mr Philip Wise should be promoted to the status of a Moderator.

Honestly, if the man had to do the job to the ability of DS and all the other great Mods on this site, for 24 hours, he'd probably collapse from the stress of it all ! Then he'd realise the error of his ways and get things back to normal :)

10. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Amen, Darth Walken. The thread was opened in 3SA only because that was where the majority of the users that know DS post. I felt it would be the best and most efficient way of mustering support for DS, but darth-sinister and DS felt otherwise and I respect their opinion.

11. xSithHappensx

xSithHappensx Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=15084609

12. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Can someone tell me what happened?

I will say this however, I have no idea what happened with Sape, but I always felt he was a little rough on the edges. Very close to butthead status, sometimes. It was kind of a cocky attitude, sometimes. Maybe that's why he is out? What happened?

13. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    I just want to show my support for DarthSapient. He's the man,and i hope he get's to be top mod again!

14. IkritMan

IkritMan Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I'm now taking bets on how long it will take before this is locked.

Do I hear five hundred?

15. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    No, you hear 653!

Concider this one signed!

16. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    Grilled-Sarlacc does a better job.

17. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    That's nice. Make a post if you want DS back in action...or don't post anything. That's fine.

I started the petition with only DS in mind because he was the only one that I "knew" because of my time in 3SA. The other mods deserve to get back into the mix if they want because all of the mods have been maltreated. I can't change the title anymore...and I think creating more petitions in favor of the mods that want to be reinstated without having to provide their private information would be a good idea. We normal users need to show support for the mods in some manner, and a flood of petitions might just do the trick.

18. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I agree, why should this petition (if you want to call it that) be solely for Darth Sapient? The other demoted mods don't deserve their position back?

L8r

19. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    All the moderators demoted including DarthSapient should all be reinstated, but when your forums can be controlled by someone that doesn't understand the community or care about the people that volunteer their time towards, there is nothing we can do.

20. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Now that I've seen what the big woof is all about, I say reinstate the mods. From what I can tell, Phil hasn't given any particularly good reason why he now wants the contact info, as opposed to the many months (years?) that have already gone by without them.

If this doesn't get resolved in satisfactory fashion soon, I may have to move myself to another SW site...unfortunately.

21. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I think this will be locked, but I'll sign anyway.

*signs*

22. EyeH8EU

EyeH8EU Jedi Master star 3

Sep 30, 2003
    I wouldn't want anyone knowing my personal info, either. SuperShadow could be anybody.

I'm with you to on the petition. Count this as my signature.

I think I've argued with DS before, but this is B*******.

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > and I think creating more petitions in favor of the mods would be a good idea.

Don't make one for me, thanks. While I appreciate the concern, if I wanted to mod again all I'd have to do is supply my details to Philip.

I don't agree with his style, and so I chose to resign. A petition will not change that.

Cheers.

24. SithedMyPants

SithedMyPants Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2004
    For a prime example of why we need Sapient, check out the 3SA right now... redundant and innappropriate threads are snowballing.

25. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    While I appreciate the concern, if I wanted to mod again all I'd have to do is supply my details to Philip.

I don't agree with his style, and so I chose to resign. A petition will not change that.

I agree with the cute little droid on this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.