main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Release the Abrams Cut?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by 2Cleva, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    So, WB has decided to release the Snyder cut of Justice League next year.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/...er-cut-justice-league-hbo-max-1234611928/amp/

So - should SW fans start asking for the Abrams cut of TROS? Its clear from watching the film that it's heavily edited and enough reports of different ways certain scenes have played out have been long rumored.

Considering the lack of appeal TROS had - can't see how this hurts.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    I honestly don't think it would be much better, but it would be interesting to see what they threw out.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Isn't this just a myth. Also i doubt if existed be mutch better. It's a reason it's not in the movie.

EHT likes this.
  4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    We've seen the Abrams cut.

EHT and cerealbox like this.
  5. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I would much, much, much rather see a Release the Lucas Treatment campaign. Now that's something long time SW fans deserve. We deserve to see what Lucas wanted the ST to be. The idea that BI and KK dumped his treatment so that they could make the story up as they went is perhaps the worst thing I've ever heard in terms of creative decisions out of Hollywood. Disney committed an original sin with the ST that will probably forever haunt SW from here on out. Release the Treatment!

2Cleva likes this.
  6. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
    I would at least like deleted scenes. We were given deleted scenes for TFA and TLJ but not TROS. I have the digital version of TROS but I'm waiting to get the Blu-Ray just in case we get more scenes later on. [face_praying]

7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Do you really want to see Nien Nunb die that badly?

Or where it’s brazenly told to the audience that Jannah is Lando’s daughter, but the characters haven’t figured that out yet.

8. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
  9. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    LOL, there's a big difference between the Snyder Cut and this fake Abrams Cut. Abrams finished his movie. Snyder had to drop out sometime in the production due to family tragedy so Whedon finished the movie. Hence the Snyder Cut as in only Snyder version not Whedon version. Abrams version is TROS we got.

EHT likes this.
  10. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    She's cool and wears a cape, of course she's Lando's daughter ;)

I don't believe there is an Abrams cut or that it would be any better. The story is a mess, adding scenes isn't going to fix things.

But hey, good for the "release the Snyder cut" crowd, they won - I hope they're happy with what they get!

2Cleva and Alliyah Skywalker like this.
  11. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    There's deleted scenes and alternate scenes that we know about because of JP's spoilers, but it's mostly down to editing. I'd like some deleted scenes but I doubt a completely different movie exists.

12. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Unfortunately, as a whole, we didn't get anyone's ST. There wasn't a singular vision. Even if we get a JJ cut, his vision was so utterly destroyed by what RJ did that nothing he could do was going to save the trilogy. Any JJ cut had to adapt to the idiotic plot of TLJ and its consequences.

2Cleva likes this.
  13. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Better than deleted scenes, cut, etc, I want to see actors faces when they saw the last scene and it wasn't their group selfie with twin suns. I doubt it that they were told that only Rey and BB8 would appear at the end.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.