main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT RELEASED (From Return of the Jedi)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Author: Hopefulwriter
    Time Frame: The Empire Strikes Back
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa
    Rating: G for everyone

He could hear nothing, could see nothing. Everything was black, dark, darker than
    night on the planet farthest from the galaxy’s sun.

But his mind remembered everything. Carbon Freeze….cold……..COLD!

He was in a state of perfect hibernation. Alive. He wasn’t breathing, but it was a constant effort to try to breath…fighting the metal in which he was incased, the body struggling to inhale life giving air, but couldn’t.

Hands outstretched…as if to grasp something to hold on to. His knees flexed in a permanent stance…it wasn’t comfortable, but he was in no physical pain…

No water… no food…no movement…no sound…. How long had he been here?… planet days? weeks? months?….longer?….. and just where had Boba Fett taken him? Was there any hope that he could ever be found?

Was this his forever? What was going on around him…was anything around him?…

His thoughts were that he couldn’t survive much longer…surely death would come
    to him…to release him from this living death….that would be a comfort.

Gradually, he began to feel a sense of warmth…warmth? His mind was playing tricks now… warmer…his arms began to lower….but no breath…. what was happening?

His body sagged….this was death was his last thought as he fell to the floor..

….still cold….and wet…shivering…he began to breath and struggle…..arms circled him.

“Just relax for a moment.. You’re free from the carbonite. You have hibernation sickness.”

“I can’t see.” He still struggled in the dark.

“Your sight will return in time.”

“Where am I?”

“Jabba’s Palace.”

“Who are you?”

“Someone who loves you.”

“Leia………..

amidalachick and Kahara like this.
  2. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    This was a really poignant and powerful look at Han's thoughts!

*shudders* The more you think about it, the more horrific this experience is.

I love this line! And, of course, the ending! [face_love]

I always love your Han/Leia stories, and once again, you've done a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing! =D=

Kahara likes this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Chick....appreciate you taking time to read Released. Your comments are encouraging.
    Haven't written much lately, busy with work and life, but things are slower now. Lynda V.

amidalachick and Kahara like this.