main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Religious Right follies in Texas

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by DarthIktomi, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I found several names interesting on the list of people Rick Perry brought to his prayer day. First was Bryan Fischer, who famously said Indians deserved to die for being homosexuals a few months back. Second was John Hagee, who called Catholicism a "godless theology of hate" (Do not ask how a theology can be godless.) and who said God sent Hitler to encourage the Jews to return to Palestine.

Man, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Indians deserve to die for being homosexuals . . .

I am very confused. :(

3. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    He might have been referring to the winkte or something, if he were intelligent. Also, among plains Indians, it was believed that if two men slept with the same woman in quick succession, they would become...well, the closest Western equivalent of this type of metaphysics that I can think of is quantum entanglement.

Fischer was on the American Family Association website. Enough to get the Southern Poverty Law Center to list the AFA as a hate group; now, the SPLC is, in the AFA's words, "advancing a homosexual agenda".

4. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Normally I would not care, but the GOP taught me last time around how influential and important an associated religious figure is to a candidate. [face_whistling]

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Not sure I see what's supposed to be full thread-worthy discussion in here.

6. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    It can be, especially since so much of their loony is so connected. The Emperor has sex with the sun goddess. (That happened once in mythic times. Emperor Jimmu. It's kind of gross to imagine Emperor Akihito doing so, since he's supposedly her descendant.) The Statue of Liberty is demonic. The economy being a spiritual issue. Texas is the new state of the apostles. All of this from the New Apostolic Reformation.

The New Apostolic Reformation is not your typical, premillennial fundamentalists. No, rather than Jesus coming back at any time (though we of course make guesses that it's soon whenever the flock starts to think for themselves), we need to prepare the way for His return. This is related to Dominion Theology, which admittedly has existed since the Third Century, but modern Dominion Theology is quite different. You may remember Dominion Theology for its connection to HAVA. That was Christian Reconstructionism at work.

More specifically related to Kingdom Now Theology, which holds that God's apostles should take control of all "kingdoms", that is, the "kingdom" of the economy, the "kingdom" of education, the "kingdom" of science, the "kingdom" of the arts, etc.

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I concur with Lowie; I'm not seeing anything thus far that makes this worthy of its own thread. Perhaps since this is connected to Rick Perry, it could go either in the Presidential election thread (assuming that he actually runs), or the "Future of the Republican Party" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.