main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Discussion Remember Remember the First of November...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 24, 2016.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. Just a note that the novel validator was turned on today so if you're over 50k you can validate and win. I managed to break 40K so I'm happy.

mavjade likes this.
  2. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    38,262 as of this afternoon. I was hoping to pass the 40k mark today, but that isn't looking too likely. We're going to be travelling for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to get a little more ahead of the game...

mavjade likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. I want to try to finish on Friday. I'm taking tomorrow off from it.

4. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it! I was so close on Wed - within 1500 words. But I had finished the story. Yesterday I walked into town and felt rough coming back like I was getting a cold (pretty sure I am today) but I just gave it to my MC and that got me over 50K. The validator was generous to me - Word said I had 50,205 and the validator gave me 50,470. I've gone with the Word total in the first post but I've gotten my purple and winner's goodies!

To those still trying - 5 days and change to go! Try not to wait til the last day to validate if you can do it earlier - the site has been known to crash in past years under the load (just like we do when a new SW film hits..)

JediMaster_Jen and Findswoman like this.
  5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    well, I'm certainly not going to make 50,000, but I am up to a total of 28,986. With a few days left, I'm hoping to hit 40,000.

6. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I have been sick (cold) the last couple of days and had little patience to write.

However I'm happy i reached the 25k mark. ;)

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. Three days and change (depending on your time zone) to go!

8. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    I passed the 46k mark this morning. Really trying to finish up today but stealing time is rough right now so we will see...

Edit: Made it to 49,100 tonight. Would like to just finish it but I am exhausted so onwards tomorrow to finish.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. I know that feeling - my ending was much the same.

10. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Just passed the 50k mark. 50,100. Will claim my "win" this afternoon and then begin deleting the majority of the document.
    Happy I finished, though. Didn't think that I would make it this year.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Congrats! You've got your purple!

my kind of scum likes this.
  12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Final count for me is 41,084. Got much further than I expected. Very happy with myself. :)

my kind of scum likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. Congrats for getting so far!

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I've never done NaNoWriMo and probably never will, but I just had to pop in and say.... The title of this thread made me think of the song "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald".

15. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the English poem The Fifth of November which is about Guy Fawkes. Mostly known in the U.S. from the movie V for Vendetta, but it is used a lot with NaNoWriMo.

Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder treason and plot
    I know of no reason
    Why the gunpowder and treason
    Should ever be forgot
    (It goes on, but that's all I know off the top of my head)