main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Remembrance (JA: Obi, Qui, Siri, AU) Updated 4/7!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Title: Remembrance
    Author: jedidas3
    Timeframe/Genre: JA, AU, Drama, some SiriWan
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Siri, Adi Gallia, and others
    Summary: Obi and Siri have been held prisoner for over a year. When they are finally rescued, it will soon become evident to all that things will never be the same again.
    Author?s Notes: I had this plot bunny for a while and finally decided to give in. I hope you all enjoy it.

Part 1

?You can not be serious!? Master Qui-Gon Jinn exclaimed, his deep baritone resonating throughout the Council chambers.

He stood in the middle of the massive room, surrounded by what was known to be the wisest Jedi within the Order. However, at this particular moment in time, Qui-Gon found himself truly doubting that fact as well as questioning the sanity of these distinguished Jedi.

?You can not give up on them,? Qui-Gon continued. ?It really hasn?t been that long and??

?Master Jinn,? Mace Windu forcefully interrupted. ?We are not giving up on Padawan Kenobi or Padawan Tachi. We are simply scaling back the search. It has been over a year since their disappearance and we have yet to find even a trace of them.?

?I?m well aware of that, Mace. But even as we speak, Adi is investigating a lead. Don?t you think you should wait until she returns to see if she has discovered anything before you simply wash your hands of the matter??

Qui-Gon glared at his old friend, silently daring the dark-skinned Councilor to argue with him. He also knew that Mace was not so easily intimidated and would simply wait until the tall Jedi calmed down before he continued.

Closing his eyes, Qui-Gon reached for the comfort of the Force to center himself. He strengthened his determination to make the Council understand the urgency in finding Obi-Wan and Siri.

?Masters, please. I implore you not to do this. Do not abandon them to an unknown fate?a fate that they don?t deserve!?

?Master Jinn, the decision has been made. With the growing unrest throughout the galaxy, the requests for Jedi assistance continue to increase as well. Not to mention the fact that within the last several months, at least twelve Jedi have turned up dead and we have no clue as to what happened.?

Qui-Gon noticed a hint of sadness in his friend?s dark eyes as he spoke of the dead Jedi. He had heard of the Jedi that had been mysteriously returned to their Temple, their bodies broken, their Force signature extinguished. The graying Jedi mourned the loss of their lives, but he had released those feelings to the Force so he could concentrate on finding the two missing Padawans. If he would admit it to himself, Qui-Gon knew that part of him was actually afraid that Obi-Wan and Siri would turn up as one of the perished Jedi.

He stood tall and bowed to the Council. He waited for their dismissal, but instead received their icy stare.

?Another course of action, you are planning, Master Jinn?? Master Yoda inquired.

?Perhaps,? the Jedi Master admitted. ?However, I will not bother the Council any longer. I will make finding Obi-Wan and Siri my personal mission. I will not be available to the Council until they are safely back at the Temple.?

?Disrespectful you will not be!? Yoda whacked his gimer stick against his customized chair. ?You are not listening! Give up on Obi-Wan and Siri, we will not. A special place they have in my heart. Alive they are so keep searching we will. Do not forget that we also have a responsibility to the Republic. Now, you and Master Gallia will continue to search for your Padawans, but also you have a duty to this Order.?

?My first duty is to the Force and to my Padawan,? Qui-Gon reminded the ancient Master. ?I will do what I must and I?m sure that Adi will feel the same way.?

?You have one more month and then the search will be completely abandoned,? Yoda instructed. ?If they have not been discovered, then mourn them and move on you will.?

?I will not give up so easily, Master Yoda. You

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, dear, more Obi-Siri angst. What a horrible situation. Obi's the killer.

How old are the padawans?

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    You've caught my interest! [face_dancing]

I hope Qui-Gon and Adi find their padawans; however, I also hope someone alerts them not to use Obi-Wan's name. If they're dressed as Jedi that will be bad enough, but if they use his name, things may only get worse. The padawan is committing acts that go against the way he was raised. If/when they find them, hopefully Obi-Wan can be saved/reprogrammed, even if his life is never the same.

Siri is in a tough spot. The warden could turn on her at any moment; I wonder why he hasn't alerted Obi-Wan to her true profession. [face_thinking]

Qui-Gon's little speech as to why he was allowed to use Mace's speeder was priceless! I think he's trying to make a point. Mace likes his speeder like Qui-Gon cares for his padawan. Wonder if the Council member will get the message. o_O

If you're keeping a PM list, please add me to it. I don't want to miss any of this. :)

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Hmmm, padawans go missing, Jedi start turning up dead. Meaningful synchronicity? Or just a freaky coincidence? Wonder if anyone might suggest to the Council that solving one mystery might also solve the other.

Poor Obi-Wan, I wonder how he will ever live with this. You Obi-torturer, you!:p

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh dear, I hope Obi-Wan does not find out Siri is a Jedi.[face_worried]

I just love Obi angst, and I think you are going to give us plenty.

Can you PM me with updates please.[:D]

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW

What an amazing beginning.

But poor Obi!!

:_| :_| :_| :_|

He may never be able to cope with what he has done.

I'm glad Qui-Gon and Adi haven't given up on Obi and Siri.

I just hope they will be able to make some progress in finging them.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh, poor, cruel, mind-wiped, brain washed Obi-wan. But I have to say I feel the worst for Siri because she's still in her right mind and has to deal with the knowledge of their true identiy and the memories of how things used to be.

Splendid start! I'm excited to see what happens! Please put me on you PM list! Thank you!

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow, you've caught my attention! Your writing style in this was very dramatic and clear-cut; the pictures of what was happening were crystal clear in my mind. And Obi-Wan and Siri! Those poor Padawans. :_|

If you're offering them, please PM me when you update. [face_praying]

9. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    =D= Very interesting beginning! =D=

Poor Obi-Wan! :_| I hope they will be rescued soon but I fear the real angst will start just then [face_worried]

10. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Ooh! I love this! Poor, poor Obi and Siri! :_|

I hope they find them in time!

If you're doing a PM list, please put me on it!

-Jecca

11. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Oh wow, this looks really neat!

I feel really bad for Obi-Wan and Siri, but mainly Siri. She still knows who she is and can see what is happening to poor Obi-Wan. In a way, their experience is like a really weird dream I had awhile ago. Not totally the same, but they both share the same eerie feeling.

?Yes. A stinking Jedi. I would have given anything to simply slit his throat. If he?s a prisoner here, he will not last very long. Someone will kill him. I just hope I get the opportunity.?

?Ben?.?

?I would kill a Jedi.?

:( Oy, that's sad. What did they do to him to warp his mind so drastically like that?

Send me a PM when you next update, please! [face_peace] You're doing a really good job!

~Silverfighter

12. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: Obi is 18 and Siri is 16. Thanks so much for reading! You know how much I value your opinion! [:D]

bek: You've caught my interest!

[face_dancing] I'm so glad!

I hope Qui-Gon and Adi find their padawans; however, I also hope someone alerts them not to use Obi-Wan's name. If they're dressed as Jedi that will be bad enough, but if they use his name, things may only get worse. The padawan is committing acts that go against the way he was raised. If/when they find them, hopefully Obi-Wan can be saved/reprogrammed, even if his life is never the same.
    Things will definitely get worse before they get better. [face_worried]

Siri is in a tough spot. The warden could turn on her at any moment; I wonder why he hasn't alerted Obi-Wan to her true profession.

He has his reasons. But when Obi finds out, he will truly feel betrayed.

Qui-Gon's little speech as to why he was allowed to use Mace's speeder was priceless! I think he's trying to make a point. Mace likes his speeder like Qui-Gon cares for his padawan. Wonder if the Council member will get the message.

Qui-Gon has his ways of getting his point across, doesn't he? LOL

If you're keeping a PM list, please add me to it. I don't want to miss any of this.

I'm would be more than happy to! [:D]

ratna: Hmmm, padawans go missing, Jedi start turning up dead. Meaningful synchronicity? Or just a freaky coincidence? Wonder if anyone might suggest to the Council that solving one mystery might also solve the other.

You know how hard headed the Council can be! Thank you so much for reading! [:D]

Gkilkenny: I just love Obi angst, and I think you are going to give us plenty.

I'll do my best!;)

Can you PM me with updates please.

I would be more than happy to. Thank you for asking!

KELIA: WOW

What an amazing beginning.

But poor Obi!!

Thank you! I'm so glad that you liked it! [face_blush]

He may never be able to cope with what he has done.

It's going to be a long road for Obi!

I'm glad Qui-Gon and Adi haven't given up on Obi and Siri.

I just hope they will be able to make some progress in finging them.

They will get a major clue in the next post!

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

I would be honored to add you to the list. Thank you for asking.

Cole_Kenobi: Oh, poor, cruel, mind-wiped, brain washed Obi-wan. But I have to say I feel the worst for Siri because she's still in her right mind and has to deal with the knowledge of their true identiy and the memories of how things used to be.

Yes, Siri will also have a lot to deal with, especially down the road when she feels as if she's betrayed Obi.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying it and I will love to add you to the PM list! [:D]

Meredith_Kenobi: Wow, you've caught my attention! Your writing style in this was very dramatic and clear-cut; the pictures of what was happening were crystal clear in my mind.

Thank you for those kind words. [face_blush] I would be more than happy to add you to the PM list.

Fifilla: I hope they will be rescued soon but I fear the real angst will start just then
    Your feelings serve you well. Thanks for reading! [:D]

Quigonjecca: I'm so glad that you liked it. Consider yourself added to the PM list. I'm so honored that you asked.

Wow! I wasn't expecting such a tremendous response! I'm so glad that you all enjoyed the first post. Be assured that this weekend, I will be working on the next part as well as the next part of 'Intentions.' Thank you so much for reading this story. I can't tell you how much it means to me!

silverfighter: Sorry I missed you. You must have been posting while I was replying!

Oh wow, this looks really neat!

I feel really bad for Obi-Wan and Siri, but main

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job so far. You've really captured Obi-Wan's anger and hatred of the Jedi. I wonder what he thought they did to him. I have to worry about what will happen when he finds out Siri is a Jedi and that he is, too.

Looking forward to more!

14. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Thank you so much, Master! [face_blush] You know how much I truly value your opinion. I appreciate everything that you do for me. [:D]

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Interesting situation. Obi-Wan would put himself in harms way to spare Siri. A year of torture and cruelty can have a permanant effect on them. If Obi-Wan has been forced to kill Jedi to spare their lives I just dont know how they will be able to bring him back.
    Great start if your pming please put me on the list!

16. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    obsessedwithSW: I would be more than happy to add you to the PM list. Thanks so much for asking! [:D]

Current PM list:
    bek
    Gkilkenny
    KELIA
    Cole_Kenobi
    Meredith_Kenobi
    Quigonjecca
    silverfighter
    obsessedwithSW

If you wish to be added or removed, please let me know. Here is the next part. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read this story! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! [:D]

Part 2

Ben opened his eyes and stared into what seemed to be an unending void. The rational part of his mind knew that beyond the four walls of the prison cell there was light, but yet it was so far away. During the day, light would filter through the one small window, providing him and Siri with just enough illumination that they could barely see each other. Now, as the night fell, they were in total darkness.

He tried to sit up so that he wouldn?t wake up Siri. Biting back a moan, the teen sat back against the rock wall. Taking a moment, he studied the only person that he considered to be a friend.

From the day that he woke up in the cell, not knowing who he was, Siri had reached out to him. She had given him a name and a purpose and in turn, he had vowed to do everything in his power to keep her safe.

Despite his promise, there were times that she actually appeared to be afraid of him. He noticed that this was especially true after he had been gone for a while. Ben could never tell here where he had been or what he had done because he honestly couldn?t remember. Sometimes he wondered if she knew the reasons behind his disappearances. Surely she would tell him if she knew anything. Wouldn?t she?

The guards would come for him and take him away and when he returned, he was usually bruised and battered. The only thing that he ever remembered being said to him was that he had done his job well and had kept Siri alive.

He drew back his hand forming a fist when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

?Ben! Don?t! It?s me!?

Ben lowered his hand and unclenched his fist. He shook his head, realizing that Siri had every right to be frightened of him.

?I?m sorry, Siri.?

?It?s all right. It?s my fault,? she admitted. ?I should have called out to you before I touched you. I just wanted to make sure that you were still here.?

?I?m here,? He reassured her. ?We?re really going to have to complain to maintenance about the lighting in here.?

?I?ll do that first thing in the morning.?

?Good. Perhaps we could also complain about the sleeping accommodations as well. This rock floor leaves a lot to be desired.?

?I?ll add that to the list,? Siri quipped.

Ben could hear the hesitancy in his friend?s voice. He was still embarrassed about the fact that he had almost hit her. Although he knew that she couldn?t see him draw his fist back, she had felt the motion when she had placed her hand on his shoulder.

He was making her nervous, although she was trying to hide the fact through what little humor could be found in their dismal situation. Ben was glad that he couldn?t see her at the moment, for he could not bear to see the fear in her eyes.

?Siri? Can I ask you something??

?Sure. What is it??

Ben swallowed hard. ?Why are you afraid of me??

?Afraid of you? I?m not sure what you mean.?

?I can hear it in your voice. Please don?t lie to me.?

?Ben, I??

?Tell me why,? he demanded through tightly clenched teeth.

His request was met with a strained silence. Ben knew that he was scaring her now.

?Have I ever hurt you before?? he finally asked.

?No,? she whispered. ?You?ve never hurt me. It?s just that sometimes it?s like you?re not in control of your anger.?

?So, I do scare you.?

?Sometimes,? Siri answered truthfully. ?But it?s not your fault. It?s??

?It?s their fault. The Jedi made me this way. They did this to me,? he deduced.

?Ben. If anyone is to blame it?s Warden Dernal and this place. If we could just get out of here, everything would be all ri

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ohmigosh - it's going to be Qui vs Obi? Or Adi vs Siri? Or even Mace vs Obi if he figures out what's going on and goes with them?

This is so terrible for Obi-Wan, but how a 18 year old can kill multiple older experienced Jedi - wow!

I forgot to ask to be on the PM list. I should say I want to be on it for ANY story you write.

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I?m thinking that we need to get ourselves arrested

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

On the other hand, perhaps Qui-Gon can be the one to really get through to Obi.

Poor Siri - having to watch Obi fight...that will be so hard for her.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Wooow... Obi-Wa- Ben seems to have some anger issues. I guess he doesn't remember any of his training. :(

I think if Siri really didn't want to watch Obi-Wan fight all she had to do is mess with that collar and get knocked out. ;)

?No,? Qui-Gon stated with a shake of his head. ?This boy they spoke of isn?t Obi-Wan. He could never kill another Jedi. However, I do think that Obi-Wan and Siri may be in this prison. It?s a place to start.?

:( Oh dear, if only he knew. Poor Obi-Wan, if only he knew of his previous life. Would that make him turn on himself? Is that even possible, I wonder? [face_thinking]

Good update! Thanks for the PM! [:D]

~Silverfighter

20. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This isn't looking good. [face_worried]

I hope that if Obi-Wan is forced to face Qui-Gon in a fight to the death that Qui will somehow get through to the boy even if its just to get the four of them out of that place; they can figure out the rest after their free.

Qui-Gon is in for a big shock when he finds his padawan and also discovers that he is indeed the one killing the Jedi. [face_worried]

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This isn't looking good for Obi-Wan. He seems to have forgotten everything about what a Jedi is about and is a killing machine. Poor Siri, having to watch Obi-Wan kill someone he should be helping to escape.

Great job.

22. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, there's no way Obi can beat Qui-Gon, so there's no use worrying there. As for Adi Galia.....I don't know.

Qui-Gon seemed very sure when he said Obi couldn't possibly be killing the Jedi. What a shock it will be for him when he sees how wrong he was about hiw own Padawan. :(

I wonder what Jedi Obi's going to fight? What's the real reason Siri's being made to watch?

Rawr, the suspense!! [face_hypnotized]

Great update, jedidas! Can't wait for the next one! :eek: [face_dancing] =D=

23. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh, I just love Qui-gon's plan, ahah, "let's get arrested and not tell anyone about it" I can just see the trouble that they will get into brewing. If they only knew what they would find on Kessel. *Shakes head*, What if Obi-wan has killed someone Qui-gon knows? Or I wonder if any of the Jedi Obi-wan has killed knew their killer? How terrible a situation would that be? Or if he did get his memories back, could he live with himself knowing he's killed Jedi in cold bloody? Could Qui-gon accept him back? Will the Jedi? Will they have the oppertunity to?

I'm loving this story, you are doing an amazing job! Thanks for the PM!

24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Oh so sad, I am so worried about Obi-Wans mental health.
    You have me on the edge of my seat.:eek:

?Ben! Don?t! It?s me!?

Ben lowered his hand and unclenched his fist. He shook his head, realizing that Siri had every right to be frightened of him.

?I?m sorry, Siri.?

?It?s all right. It?s my fault,? she admitted. ?I should have called out to you before I touched you. I just wanted to make sure that you were still here.?

How will he react when he sees Qui-Gon.[face_worried]

amazing chapter.=D=

25. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

poor Obi-Wan! I wonder what is the difference in who Obi-Wan has to fight. I am not surprised that he was able to best 10 jedi- after all he did kill Darth Maul at about that age. I hope Qui can save them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.