main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Remembrance (JA: Obi, Qui, Siri, AU) Updated 4/7!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh no, Ben, don't start to doubt Siri!

Though at this point in time, he probably wouldn't believe her if she tried to tell him the truth.

I'm glad Yoda knows where they are going because I have a bad feeling this mission isn't going to go as they hope.

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Poor Obi-wan and Siri! Thank goodness Adi and Qui-gon are coming closer. I hope Siri doesn't lose Obi's trust completely. I look forward to reading more soon!

Super job!

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope Qui-Gon does not get caught.
    Poor Siri if she isn't careful Obi-Wan might hurt her.

amazing post.=D=

4. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Ahaha. I loved Qui-gon's flashback to Obi-wan using the Force friviously. Loved Yoda's part in the story, funny little guy, I'm glad he knows what's going on. He's sorta like the all knowing guy but then he doesn't? lol Poor Mace, I'm sure he's not going to be too happy retriving his 'borrowed' speeder. lol

Oh no, Ben's trust with Siri is shakey, I'm glad their masters are on the way, I hate to see what Ben would do to Siri if he found out who she really is. Great visual with the sunlight and the dried blood, morbid, but effective.

Awesome job! Thanks for the PM!

5. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    With Obi-Wan in this state, I dread the time when he discovers that Siri is truly a Jedi. And himself one, too! What will that do to his mind? Who, or what, will he be able to believe??

Great update. =D= You really portrayed Obi's suffering and Siri's heart-ache and her worry for him.

Thankee for the PM! I look forward to the next one. :)

6. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    bek: Qui-Gon needs to prepare himself for the worst possible scenario when meeting his padawan again. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Well said. ;) Qui-Gon truly has no idea what he's about to find. He's not expecting the worst. He's expecting to find his Padawan and that everything will be all right. Boy, is he in for a surprise! :eek:

Quigonjecca: I wonder, are you planning a happy ending for this tale, or more of a master-dies-at-his-padawan's-hands type of ending?

All I can say right now is that Qui-Gon won't die at Obi-Wan's hands. I'm not sure about the ending yet, although I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen. Thanks so much for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Valairy_Scot: Aw, break my heart. Now Yoda is warning Qui to follow the Force, not his heart. That does NOT bode well.

Nope, not at all. [face_worried]

Gah, you're a torturer first class. For my heart's sake, I hope this is a short story with a quick resolution.

I'm not sure I can write a short story...LOL Maybe one of these days I'll try it! ;)

LilyHobbitJedi: Obi-Wan's trust in Siri becomes very shaky as he continues to convince himself that she is hiding something from him.

KELIA: I'm glad Yoda knows where they are going because I have a bad feeling this mission isn't going to go as they hope.

Listen to your feelings! ;) This mission will quickly fall apart when Qui-Gon realizes the truth.

Jedi_of_Imladris: Thank you so much! [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Gkilkenny: Unfortunately, getting caught will be part of Qui-Gon's plan...;) Thank you so much for reading!

Cole_Kenobi: Poor Mace, I'm sure he's not going to be too happy retriving his 'borrowed' speeder. lol

No he's not. [face_laugh]

Oh no, Ben's trust with Siri is shakey, I'm glad their masters are on the way, I hate to see what Ben would do to Siri if he found out who she really is. Great visual with the sunlight and the dried blood, morbid, but effective.

Awesome job! Thanks for the PM!

Thank you and you're more than welcome!

Meredith_Kenobi: Great update. You really portrayed Obi's suffering and Siri's heart-ache and her worry for him.

Thank you for your kind words. [:D]

Thankee for the PM! I look forward to the next one.

You're welcome and you shouldn't have to wait too long for the next one.

Thanks to everyone who is reading this story! I'm so glad that you're enjoying it. I'm working on the next post and it should be up later this week. Thanks again for your support! [:D]

7. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    ?Why do you not want to tell me that you are going to Kessel??

His eyes widened in surprise at the elder Jedi. Qui-Gon found himself wondering how Yoda could have found out where they were headed. He knew that there was no use in denying it for the ancient Master had already confronted them with the truth. The Jedi Master glanced over at Adi, who was just as astonished as he was at Yoda?s question.

Finally finding his voice, Qui-Gon asked, ?How did you know??

?Friends I have as well. Perhaps not as quickly informed as your contact, but friends nonetheless. You feel that your Padawans are in this prison??

Heh, that caught me off guard. :D Oh but Yoda, they are more then in that prison. How will the Jedi take it, finding that Obi-Wan is the killer? What will the Masters or Padawans that are left behind do? [face_worried]

He was beginning to think that maybe his trust had been misplaced.

Oh dear, Siri had better be careful in what she says or does from here on out...

Good update! =D=

~Silverfighter

8. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    silverfighter: Oh dear, Siri had better be careful in what she says or does from here on out...

Siri is really going to have to watch her step until they are found.

Thanks so much for reading. [:D]

Thanks to everyone for their patience. The next post should be up tomorrow. Thanks again for reading! [:D]

9. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Part 5

Siri had seen the look in Obi-Wan?s eyes as he had been taken away. She could tell that he was starting to doubt her as the bond between them began to weaken. Not a day went by that she didn?t want to tell Obi-Wan the truth, but fear always prevented her from doing so. She wasn?t afraid of losing her own life for as a Jedi, death was something that she had learned to accept long ago. Siri was frightened what the truth would do to Obi-Wan.

She could easily recall her childhood lessons on how it was always best to tell the truth, for the truth always seemed to come out sooner or later. Siri also knew that she had never planned on finding herself in a situation as dire as this one. The only reason that she was still alive was due to the fact that Obi-Wan didn?t realize that she was a Jedi. She knew that the moment that he discovered the truth, she could die at the hands of the one she loved.

Leaning her head back against the wall, she closed her eyes tightly against the tears that threatened to fall. Siri was amazed that she still had the ability to cry, but she quickly realized that the tears weren?t for her. They were for Obi-Wan.

Siri let her thoughts drift towards the future as she found herself wondering what was going to happen to them. The young girl continued to hold onto the hope of being rescued, convincing herself that it was only a matter of time. What would happen to the two of them? Siri assumed that she and Obi-Wan would be taken home to the Temple and that she would resume her training. But what of Obi-Wan? She couldn?t help but consider the possibilities of what could happen to him.

She knew that Obi-Wan?s memories had been altered and now he considered the Jedi to be his enemy. The Padawan was also aware of the fact that he had been programmed to kill and that his name had been used as the trigger. Siri was unsure how the Jedi could undo all the damage that had been done to Obi-Wan or if they would even want to when they discovered that he had been fighting and killing other Jedi.

Wiping away the tears, she shuddered as she realized that it was very possible that Obi-Wan would not become a Jedi. Siri knew that the Council could strip him of his power and exile him. The young girl knew that they could also keep him a prisoner within the Temple or they could turn him over to the Republic to stand trial. There were other possibilities, but Siri didn?t really want to think about them.

The teen exhaled as she tried to release her anxieties. It didn?t really help much since she didn?t have access to the Force, but it did seem to clear her muddled mind. Lifting her head, Siri stared at the door that Obi-Wan had walked through just a few moments ago. All she could do now was wait for him to return.

She would wait and take care of him as she always did after he returned from these so called treatments. Siri knew that whatever the Warden did to Obi-Wan left him exhausted to the point that he was barely able to care for himself for at least a day.

Knowing that she would need her strength, Siri closed her eyes in an effort to get some much needed rest. As she began to drift off, the young girl said a silent prayer to the Force for protection and guidance. Siri knew that the Force couldn?t answer, but it did bring her a small comfort. She finally gave in to the sleep that beckoned her, hoping that when she woke up that this would all be a dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn stared out the window watching the stars streaking by as the freighter entered hyperspace. He found himself wishing that he and Adi were already on Kessel preparing to bring their Padawans home instead of making plans for a rescue.

His thoughts were interrupted as their pilot came down the aisle.

?You and your friend are free to move about the ship now. If you want anything to eat, you?re welcome to anything in the galley.?

Qui-Gon acknowledged the man with a slight bow of his head. He unfastened his seatbelt and stood up to go and search for Adi.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    At least Qui and Adi are forewarned, but how horrible, especially after Qui's memories of Obi-Wan.

How horrible for everyone ('cept Obi-Wan, so far) to wonder how to integrate him back into the Order. He's brainwashed, and thus not responsible for his actions, and thus not a murderer - yet he murdered.

That is SO obvious from:

Ben was forced to relive the suffering that he had endured at the hands of the Jedi. The humiliation, pain, and feelings of worthlessness came rushing back to the teen. He could barely keep up with the canvas of images that he was forced to watch.

Ben refused to let his tears fall. Crying was sign of weakness and he was not weak. His fists were clenched, his nails digging into his calloused hands. He wanted to look away, but the restraints that held him in the chair prevented him from turning away.

He felt his anger beginning to boil to the surface. His body began to tremble as he tried not to cry out in frustration. How could the Jedi have done this to him? Blood began to drip from his nose and the fact that he couldn?t wipe it away simply added another layer to his rage.

Ben heard the footsteps of someone approaching him. He wasn?t for sure who it was, but it didn?t matter. All that mattered to him was that the fierceness that was building up inside him remained in his clutches. The Jedi would pay. They would pay for all that they had done to him.

?Tell me how much you hate the Jedi,? a voice quietly commanded.

?With every fiber of my being,? Ben choked out.

?They need to pay for what they?ve done to you,? the voice continued.

?Yes. They must pay.?

?They killed your parents; it?s only fair that you return the favor. An eye for an eye, so the saying goes.?

?Yes.?

Ben gasped as he felt a tiny prick in his arm; the contents of the syringe entering his body. He could no longer concentrate on the wrath that had been consuming him. The youth felt as if he were burning from the inside out. His agonized screams filled the room, echoing through the darkened chamber.

He couldn?t see the smile of the man standing beside him as he fought for control of his own body. The restraints prevented him from moving and his only defense were the tormented cries that came from his lips. The images in front of him were now filtering through so fast that Ben couldn?t even begin to keep up with them.

Somewhere between the drug coursing through his body and the horrid pictures that kept playing, Ben became aware that in order for his pain to end, that the Jedi would have to cease to exist

Jedidas3, you are one heck of a torturer.

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    ?Master??

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?I?m beginning to doubt that you?re going to feed me,? the young man quipped. ?I?m starving.?

?You?re always starving, you impudent brat. Come on and let?s see what we can come up with.?

Aww...what a wonderful little moment. :D

?I was until you said that you were cooking. I was thinking that we could celebrate at Dex?s.?

?Is there something wrong with my cooking??

?Do I really have to answer that?

Why does it surprise me that Qui-Gon can't cook?[face_laugh]

?Yeah,? Cordo answered. ?His hair is longer now, but that?s definitely him. That?s the one who was fighting those Jedi. That?s the Jedi Killer.?

?You must be mistaken. That is my Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?Nope. I?m telling you, he?s the one I saw fighting. I don?t think that you?d want this guy for your Padawan.?

Oh no, Qui-Gon knows the truth. What a terrible thing for him to comprehend.

?Yes. They must pay.?

?They killed your parents; it?s only fair that you return the favor. An eye for an eye, so the saying goes.?

Evil warden putting false lies in Obi-Wan's head. [face_shame_on_you]

Wonderful update, I can't wait for more. =D= =D=

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I feel bad for Qui-Gon. He's learned the truth and yet cannot accept that it could possibly be true. If he meditates, will the force forewarn him that the captain just might be right. :( Once Qui thinks on it, perhaps he'll come to see that there are various devices/tortures that could have made Obi-Wan into this Jedi murderer. Then again, he only sees his padawan with a father's love and that makes it that much harder to accept the truth. He best not give up on Obi-Wan once he finds him. o_O

Siri is in a tough spot. She's frightened of what would happen to Obi-Wan were he to know she was a Jedi. Wonder if it would do any good for her to fill him in on some of their past together without actually saying she was a Jedi. Or maybe she could pass herself off as a Jedi reject. Maybe that would pacify Obi-Wan's growing doubt of her keeping something from him, at least until Qui and Adi get there. [face_thinking]

What would happen if Obi-Wan didn't get his 'treatments'? Is it just used to keep him angry, or would he start to remember who he really is?

I wonder, if Qui-Gon found a way to keep that holo of Obi-Wan with him when he's captured, and if Obi-Wan saw it, would he believe that he was happy once being a Jedi? The holo seems to be a photo of a happy time in the young man's life.

Sorry this is so long. There's too many thoughts running around in my mind.

This chapter was excellent. It really let us in on what is happening to Obi-Wan and what he is experiencing, as well as the hurt that Siri feels for her friend and Qui-Gon's refusal to believe that the truth is possible if given the right circumstances.

Is the next chapter done yet? [face_batting]

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Such a sad post,:_| and I know that tissues are going to be needed
    on a regular basis. I can not bear to wait very long before Qui-Gon and Adi rescue's Obi and Siri, please dont make me wait too long.[face_praying]

I fear that you are devious,[face_mischief] and will make Obi-Wan's pain remain for awhile.[face_worried]

I loved the memory piece with Qui-Gon[face_love] showing Obi how proud he is of himO:)
    I wonder if that will help when they come face to face [face_thinking]
    Such a brilliant chapter. =D=

14. Cole_Kenobi

Aug 17, 2005
    Man, oh man, I'm sure the pilot referring to Obi-wan as the 'Jedi Killer' was like a kick to the gut for Qui-gon, I love his reaction though, so protectant, I just know how disappointed and heartbroken, and shocked, frightened he will be when he sees the truth for himself. I'm glad Adi is there with him, I'm sure she'll have her hands full when they meet up with Siri and Obi-wan.

I liked Siri's monologue, how she is worried not for herself but for Obi-wan, I have been wondering some of her questions also, I can't wait to see what happens.

Very intense, and interesting to see what those "treatments" where all about. Oddly, it reminded me of the movie The Island where they clones where given a past by sort of the same means. Brainwashed, mindwiped maybe, I wonder if Obi-wan can be redemed.

Awesome update, enjoyed reading it greatly.

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I can relate to Siri's feelings how could Obi-Wan be accepted back into temple after all he has done?
    Poor Qui I hope he doesnt walk into Kessel with his eyes closed. He will need to be on top of his gamw to reach Obi-Wan- if he can.

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    At least Qui-Gon and Adi are forewarned, even if Qui doesn't want to think about it. It will make it easier on them all... or maybe not. Obi sounds like he's insane at the moment. The lies he's been led to believe will be difficult to counteract and even if he did learn the truth, if they took him back to the Temple, he'd still be guilty of murder.

Great job!

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I hope Qui-Gon will calm down. As infurriating as it was to hear what he believes to be a rumor about Obi-Wan, he definitely does not need his emotions controlling his actions.

Poor Siri. The warden planting reasons not to trust her in Obi-Wan's head cannot be a good thing...for either of them

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I loved the flashback Qui had [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: At least Qui and Adi are forewarned, but how horrible, especially after Qui's memories of Obi-Wan.

Pretty soon, Qui will have to rely on those memories once he discovers the truth.

How horrible for everyone ('cept Obi-Wan, so far) to wonder how to integrate him back into the Order. He's brainwashed, and thus not responsible for his actions, and thus not a murderer - yet he murdered.

Difficult times lie ahead for everyone.[face_worried]

Jedidas3, you are one heck of a torturer.

I keep telling you, that I had a very good teacher whose current work, "What the Heart Hides" is as torturous and heartwrenching as they come. ;)

LilyHobbitJedi: Oh no, Qui-Gon knows the truth. What a terrible thing for him to comprehend.

He's still having trouble comprehending it. He probably needs a hug or two! [:D]

Evil warden putting false lies in Obi-Wan's head.

Yep and those lies are Obi's motivation. Obi needs a hug as well! [:D]

Wonderful update, I can't wait for more.

Thank you so much! I would also like to compliment you once again on your interview. It was so great. =D= I hope everybody has had a chance to read it.

bek:I feel bad for Qui-Gon. He's learned the truth and yet cannot accept that it could possibly be true. If he meditates, will the force forewarn him that the captain just might be right. Once Qui thinks on it, perhaps he'll come to see that there are various devices/tortures that could have made Obi-Wan into this Jedi murderer. Then again, he only sees his padawan with a father's love and that makes it that much harder to accept the truth. He best not give up on Obi-Wan once he finds him.

Unfortunately, Qui-Gon will come to discover the Captain was right and it will not be easy on him. But don't worry, he won't give up on Obi!

Siri is in a tough spot. She's frightened of what would happen to Obi-Wan were he to know she was a Jedi. Wonder if it would do any good for her to fill him in on some of their past together without actually saying she was a Jedi. Or maybe she could pass herself off as a Jedi reject. Maybe that would pacify Obi-Wan's growing doubt of her keeping something from him, at least until Qui and Adi get there.

Yes, Siri is in a difficult spot. His distrust in Siri is growing and she doesn't really know how long she has before he figures it out. She's got to definitely think of something.[face_thinking]

What would happen if Obi-Wan didn't get his 'treatments'? Is it just used to keep him angry, or would he start to remember who he really is?

I can't give that away just yet. Sorry...[face_shhh]

I wonder, if Qui-Gon found a way to keep that holo of Obi-Wan with him when he's captured, and if Obi-Wan saw it, would he believe that he was happy once being a Jedi? The holo seems to be a photo of a happy time in the young man's life.

I can tell you that Obi-Wan's going to believe that the Jedi are lying to him and making things up and even though there would be pictures of him in happier times, for a while, it will not matter.

Sorry this is so long. There's too many thoughts running around in my mind.

No problem, I like it when readers speculate. :)

This chapter was excellent. It really let us in on what is happening to Obi-Wan and what he is experiencing, as well as the hurt that Siri feels for her friend and Qui-Gon's refusal to believe that the truth is possible if given the right circumstances.

Thank you so much! [face_blush]

Is the next chapter done yet?

I'm working on it. I've gotten a bit behind this week. 8-} How about this? I'll work on it this weekend and you go ahead and post your next chapter for "Not Myself"! [face_praying] Please?

Gkilkenny: Thank you so much for your kind words.

I know that tissues are going to be needed on a regular basis. I can not bear to wait very long before Qui-Gon and

19. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Oh no! The cat's out of the bag, not only for Qui-Gon, but also for Obi-Wan.

?We?re not quite through,? Dernal said. ?Are you sure that Siri is as loyal to you as you are to her??

The Warden didn't exactly accuse Siri of being a Jeid, but he definitely planted that seed of doubt. [face_worried]

Superb update, as usual. =D= Can't wait for the next. [face_dancing]

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_hypnotized] I just found this story, and...wow!

Poor Qui-Gon, he's going to be devastated when he finds out that the captain is telling the truth about Obi-Wan. :(

And speaking of Obi-Wan... gah! How could those people brainwash dear, sweet Obi-Wan like that? :_| Please let Qui-Gon be able to help him! :_| Please don't let it be too late to bring Obi back! [face_praying]

And poor Siri, having to watch what's happened to Obi. :( I really hope Qui and Adi get to Kessel before Obi decides to stop trusting her. Oh dear... [face_worried]

Your story has thoroughly sucked me in, jedidas3, I can't wait for more! [face_love]

21. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    The Jedi Master pushed the bowl away. It seemed that everything reminded him of Obi-Wan, even Adi telling him that the soup was hot. Qui-Gon recalled how his apprentice would devour anything that was put in front of him, despite the warnings of the Jedi. There were several times, when they were on missions, that Obi-Wan would eat something without knowing what it was. Then Qui-Gon would be up all night, comforting the youth while he emptied his stomach, swearing in between heaves that he would never eat again.

[face_laugh] Oh, I really liked that! :D How horrible though, that Qui-Gon thinks that the man is lying about the Jedi Killer! He's going to be in for an unpleasant surprise. :(

Ah, so now we somewhat know what's happening to poor Ben. How evil, lying to him like that! [face_frustrated]

Ben refused to let his tears fall. Crying was sign of weakness and he was not weak. His fists were clenched, his nails digging into his calloused hands. He wanted to look away, but the restraints that held him in the chair prevented him from turning away.

((sniffle)) Who on earth is this warden character? Why would he want to do this? Bad warden, planting these seeds of doubt about Siri. [face_shame_on_you]

Good update! Thanks for the PM! [face_peace]

~Silverfighter

22. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Meredith_Kenobi: The Warden didn't exactly accuse Siri of being a Jeid, but he definitely planted that seed of doubt.

That seed of doubt will grow very quickly. Thanks so much for your kind words.[face_blush] The next post is coming up!

Bastet: I really hope Qui and Adi get to Kessel before Obi decides to stop trusting her. Oh dear...

I can tell you that it will be close...;)

Your story has thoroughly sucked me in, jedidas3, I can't wait for more

Thank you![:D] I'm so glad you like it!

silverfighter: Who on earth is this warden character? Why would he want to do this? Bad warden, planting these seeds of doubt about Siri.

You'll find a little bit more about him in the next post. Thanks so much for reading. I really do appreciate it! [:D]

Thanks for your patience. Here's the next post and I hope you enjoy it.:)

Part 6

Siri lifted her head when she heard the door open. She watched as the guards carelessly tossed Obi-Wan onto the cold, damp floor. The young girl knew better than to move towards her friend while the guards were still present. She had quickly learned her lesson after Obi-Wan had returned from his first treatment. Siri had attempted to go to the young man?s side to help him and instead, her innocent actions had provoked the guards to take their anger at her out on Obi-Wan. Not only did he have to deal with the effects of the treatments, but he also ended up with three cracked ribs. Siri felt guilty for weeks about that incident; although he had assured her that everything was all right.

As soon as the guards closed the door, she was by his side. Siri softly called his name as she tenderly rolled him over.

?Ben? Can you hear me??

?Yeah,? he grunted. ?My head hurts.?

?I know. It always does after you have one of those treatments,? she reminded him. ?Lay your head on my lap and just rest.?

Siri couldn?t help but notice the pained expression on his face as he nodded his head ever so slightly. She sat down and slowly helped him get into a comfortable position, placing his head in her lap. As much as she hated seeing Obi-Wan in pain, she was glad that he wouldn?t be able to remember the conversation they were having when the guards had come to get him for a treatment.

She knew that usually Obi-Wan would sleep for at least a day after he had a treatment and then he would wake up. Although it would take him a few hours, Siri was always amazed at how quickly Obi-Wan seemed to gain his strength back. She was also aware of the fact that usually two or three days after a treatment, he was usually required to fight.

The young girl had not heard of any more Jedi being captured forcing her to wonder if perhaps she would be Obi-Wan?s next victim. She closed her eyes as she recalled how her friend had brutally murdered Master Turim. Would she meet the same fate?

Releasing the breath that she had been inadvertently holding, Siri opened her eyes to meet the glazed over orbs of Obi-Wan staring at her.

?I thought you went to sleep,? she whispered, knowing how loud noises only seemed to exacerbate the throbbing of his head.

?No. I was just trying to decide if Dernal was right.?

?About what??

?About you.?

Siri paled at Obi-Wan?s words. She was glad that it was fairly dark in the cell so he couldn?t see her face. The Padawan wasn?t sure how to define the feelings that were churning inside her, but she realized that she had to tamp them down and remain calm or Obi-Wan would know something was wrong.

?What about me?? she finally asked, not sure if she wanted to hear the answer.

?He asked me??

She saw Obi-Wan wince in pain as he forced himself to continue.

?He asked me if I was?sure that you were?as loyal?to me as I was to you.?

?What did you tell him??

Although she knew that she could not access the Force, she prayed that the Force would at least hear her as she silently begged for guidance.

?I told him?t

23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Qui and Adi need to get there really soon! [face_worried]

There's got to be some kind of loop hole where Obi-Wan's hostility is concerned. There is one, isn't there? o_O [face_praying] He would never be able to live with himself if he killed Siri and actually remembered it. :(

The tension, the angst. I'm on the edge of my seat here...literally.

24. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Oh no!

I'm convinced though that Obi will pull through. [face_praying] He must pull through. What if he doesn't pull through??! :_| Ahhh! You have me in suspense!

I do want to know more about this warden though. I'm curious if he's unwittingly in league with Palpatine, or something like that. I'm also a bit suspicious of the ship captain... what's his name? Or maybe that's just me...

I just hope nobody I like dies :(

Great update!

25. Cole_Kenobi

Aug 17, 2005
    Superb update. Thank you very much.

Ahah, the conversation with the Captain, Ada, and Qui-gon was quite humorous, even though I have great unease about Qui-gon going in alone, I'm not sure he can handle Obi-wan's condition. But then again, if something happens to Siri, ooh poor Ada.

I hope Siri can formulate a plan to get herself out, even if she can't get Obi-wan out, or she at least trys to tell Obi-wan the truth, but that could be suicide. lol

Anyways, I'm excited to see what happens next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.