main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Replace missing Star Wars crawls!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by QuiWanKenJin, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    If you are like me, one of the things we decried was the decision by KK, to not have opening crawls for any game or movie that is a non episode. I didn't like that, apparently some of you didn't either. Each Star Wars story told, just doesn't feel as epic without a crawl. Great thanks, to the guys who made crawls for Rogue One and Solo, which you can see on youtube. I always watch them before I view those films. No one it seems has decided to make a crawl for BF2 and of course when Fallen Order comes out it wont have a crawl. I take it back, there are crawls on youtube for BF2 but they are mostly spoofs, created to make fun of EA, which I do find humorous. But in all seriousness there are no crawls for BF2. Does anyone know where the software is, that allows you to make your own crawl, add the music to it; and take the first few shots from the first scene for the pan down?

2. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
  3. TheAwsomur

TheAwsomur Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2019
    Don’t know about any sort of software that’s used, but I agree with what you said. I’m fact, I myself made one for Rogue One:

ROGUE ONE
    A STAR WARS Story

The dark times have begun. The tyrannical GALACTIC EMPIRE rules with an iron fist over thousands of star systems, enforcing its strict doctrine onto all in it’s grasp. Those who oppose it are swiftly eliminated.

Seeking to ensure the stability of its rule for the next ten thousand years, the Empire develops a SECRET WEAPON of incredible power to strike fear and respect into the heart of the entire galaxy.

Needing to speed up development, Imperial DIRECTOR KRENNIC, overseer of the superweapon heads to the Outer Rim to hunt down his old associate and genius designer GALEN ERSO, who has fled the Empire to live peacefully with his wife and young daughter.

Having tracked the family down to the planet of LAH’MU, Krennic and a detachment of DEATH TROOPERS embark to find Erso and bring him back to the Empire...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    BATTLE FOR ENDOR

CINDEL TOWANI is the most important person in the galaxy. As her EWOK friends bravely defend their home from an ancient predator, she must choose between helping WICKET W WARRICK or bringing peace and freedom to the entire GALAXY...

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I actually made a Star Wars crawl for the opening of my wedding a few years back.
    I used a very old version of Windows Movie Maker to do it- version 2.6 I think. Later versions don't have the right credit animation, it has to be 2.6.
    One of the credits animations in 2.6 is very similar to the star wars text crawl, although the angle it scrolls up the screen is steeper. But unless you compare the two side by side, you don't notice the difference.

After that, it was just a case of using a static star-field image as a background and looking up and downloading the original fonts for maximum authenticity. Good fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.