main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Repo! The Genetic Opera - Wed Nov 26 @ 9pm

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Going this Wednesday - Everyone is welcome to come out!!!

Repo! The Genetic Opera
    Bloor Cinima
    9:00pm Wednesday Nov 26th

Of ineterest, there is a FREE movie before hand - THE BOOK OF THE DEAD at 7:00... (Sponsored by THE JAPAN FOUNDATION)... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_the_Dead_(film)

Going to Repo!
    Daniel, Leisa, Troy, Adam... Maybe Adrienne...

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I am interested where and when are people meeting?

3. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Would love to have you join us Alex... but I don't know anny details really... I sent a Message on FB for you guys to talk about it... maybe some emails to discuss a bit? with Leisa and Troy, whom probably have the biggest influence and the Where and When...

4. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I can not get FB at work so can you post the final details here?

5. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    LoL.. I can't hit FB at work either... if I learn something... Yes I will! I'll message Troy now...

6. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Okay... The plan as I know it... we'll meet at the Swiss Chalet near the Bloor Cinima before the movie... I think I'll shoot to be there for 7:30.

570 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1K1, Canada (Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill)

JUST across from Honest Ed's... 1 block West of Bloor Cinema same side (North side)

Copy paste the complete following for Google map...
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=570+Bloor+Street+West,+Toronto,+ON+M6G+1K1,+Canada+(Swiss+Chalet+Rotisserie+%26+Grill)&daddr=506+Bloor+Street+West+Toronto&hl=en&geocode=FXVGmgIdnEVE-yFhldWyF9r5OA%3B&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=43.66516,-79.411075&sspn=0.001667,0.002162&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=19

7. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I will try and get there around 8:00pm. I am going to get my ticket before heading over to Swiss Chalet. I will not be eating dinner there

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... Alex found out before we did that the Swiss Chalet there has closed... but it was all good, we went and had the gormet food of Burgerking! Yum Yum...

Repo was quite brilliant IMHO! There were at least 5 people that dressed up for the show, and did a pretty good job of it too. Head blew me away, he was his character. His Jeckle/hyde portrayal was spot on. Normally I'd have soething to say about some continuity or stage mistake, but I was a bit more distrated by the actual movie for a change to see the little things that I normally like to look for. Which I think says alot about this movie. Paris Hilton did pretty good, and best of all - they had her face fall off.

There was a Q&A after the show... costume designer Alex Kavanagh was one of the three. (The one I remember)... the was an executive producer (?) there... and one of the lead dancers (the one in black bra and panties that stradled Hilton at one point). The Q&A was cool, got to hear some stories of being on set, and why it's not a full release... and how hard they had it trying to get the Limited release. Also that it will be coming to DVD this January!

Over all, I feel this movie was very fun to watch and quite different in style to really compare to anything else. They all say it, it is a cross between Rocky Horror and Blade Runner, and I think it really was in there somewhere.

EDIT - Oh yes... and it was filmed completely in Toronto.

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    It was most enjoyable and completely different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.