main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic #68: Armor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Galactichunter comes through once again:

STAR WARS: REPUBLIC #68
    Armor (one-shot)

JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P/Cover),
    and DAN PARSONS (I/Cover)

On sale August 25, FC, 32pg, $2.99

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/13/13082.jpg]

It was bound to happen! Pursuing the lost plans for a Separatist secret weapon, Jedi Aayla Secura has a showdown with her former Master and friend turned dark Jedi-Quinlan Vos!

Clone Commander Bly, accompanying his Jedi-General Aayla Secura, understands the purpose and function of the armor he wears. But as he experiences the confrontation between Aayla and Quin, he witnesses the strengths-and weaknesses-of the mental, emotional, and spiritual "armor" worn by each of the combatants.

In this special issue, told from Bly's point of view the mysteries of the Jedi are viewed from a human perspective. And when the turmoil wrought upon the Jedi by the Clone Wars and by the seething power of the dark side threatens them all, Bly, Aayla, and Quin must each make a life-or-death decision.

:) Can't wait for August now. Does anyone get the feeling that these are the only things that are keeping you going?

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Uh, no, I have other things to keep me going...

But this comic does look cool. :cool:

3. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    That was a joke Raven, but yet, this comic looks very good.

4. pitsburySC

pitsburySC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2003
    Enjoy! :)

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/13/13082.jpg]

Amazing art cover....as usual :)

5. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Oooh..

The new Episode III uniforms...

6. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    very cool

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Isn't Bly a bit of a girl's name?

(Note: I wouldn't say this to Commander Bly's face, though)

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    A very well presented cover. But we Aust-class denizens are going to have to call it Armour. :p

9. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Too right!

None of the US-Imperialism with English spelling!

:)

(Will the next issue be Colour/Color?)

:)

10. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow! This issue sounds like it will be simply epic! :D
    Since Quinlan's defection and fall to the Dark Side I've wondered what would happen if he and Aayla would come face to face... no doubt it will be a very thrilling issue and maybe even a memorable battle between Aayla and Quinlan. It doesn't even need to be a battle of clashing lightsabers, but one of Light versus Dark. Quinlan saved Aayla from the Dark Side before, when she was under the spell of Volfe Karkko, in part thanks to their deep bond as master and Padawan. This time will Aayla be able to save Quinlan from the Dark Side or is he already too far gone? And will he battle his former Padawan to keep his cover from being compromised?

I can hardly wait for this issue to be released, still seems so far away though!

11. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    So are they revealing why the Clone troops are getting new armour in this issue?

12. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Is it just me, or is the clonetrooper helmet in that picture a mite too big?

Have a close look at the cover....

13. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    It's also a bit interesting that Commander Bly has no markings or rank...

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    OMG- That is a sweet cover! Who did that?

Is it just me, or is the clonetrooper helmet in that picture a mite too big? Looks can be a bit decieving. When I first got my storm trooper armor, my helmet looked huge, compared to my head and body. It's not really though.

None of the US-Imperialism with English spelling!
    :p Weirdos.

15. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think you will all agree with me when I say whether you're a fan of Quin or a fan of Aayla (mmm... Aayla... <Homer style>), this is the comic we've been waiting for because it features the encounter/reunion/confrontation we've been waiting for.

16. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    This'll be good. Hopefully Quin will turn to the lightside so he and Vader can throw down in a 6 issue brawl after E3 :cool:

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    A six issue fight? That's intense.

18. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    My guess: Aayla will show Quin that he has indeed fallen, but at the end of the story he's going to go back into the shadows - being a little bit wiser. But we'll see.

19. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Quin v Aayla? OH YEAH!

Pity about the eons-long TPB wait. :(

20. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    A six issue fight? That's intense.

Tis also just a dream. I doubt dark Horse would have the guts to pull that off. But I'd love to see it!

21. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Plus, though is risk death from Quinlan Fans, even though i like him, Vos wouldnt stand a chance against Vader, while Vos is very skilled, and a cool character, that wouldnt save him from Vader, just like it didnt Han ;)

True, Han's not a Jedi and Quin is, but even that doesnt bode well when VS the Chosen One AND Dark Lord of the Sith all in one *gulp*

Ya see? this i why i dislike were i live! i have to wait till these comics are released as the Graphic Novels, so i can buy them from Amazon.co.uk, i live 100 miles from the nearest comic shop and can never visit!

Looks good though, too bad i have no idea about Qui other than the graphic novels...

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Sure, Quin will lose in the end, but it's the story that will make it great. You can have a few issues of Republic with Vader hunting down Jedi, and then start the final arc. One by one Vader hunts down the last few Jedi left alive after E3, including Hett, Tholme, Dark Woman, Aayla, and Quin. He kills them off one by one until only Quin and Aayla are left. Vader kills Aayla at the end of pt 5 and Quin goes dark side. But by the end of pt 6 vader is victorious as he kills Quin, the last remaining Jedi (aside from Ben, Yoda, and anyone who has shown up in the last decade or so). Vader is shown standing over the dead body of Quin in the final panel of the last issue of Republic :cool:

Course, since I just made that up here, DH can't do it because I could sue them. DH - I promise not to sue you if you make this idea into a story!

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    It would also be a pretty cool way for him to go out and die. Although I suspect that he'll be redeemed somehow.

24. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    And with Aayla appearing in Ep3 I think there's very little chance she's coming out the other side.

25. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Wow this sounds sweet.

This was a showdown that had to happen eventually. Anything Aayla in it has to be cool ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.