main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Republic #83: The Hidden Enemy, part 3 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ph0enix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Anyways, to get this topic back on some resemblance of a point, here's the cover.

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/10/10455.jpg]

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    You're one sick schmuck, Quest. :p

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's not what I meant! :p ;)

I meant that, despite her obviously being very, very, very dead, he still wants them to check the body for any vital signs.

4. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    <Sith Thread Necromancy> (THANKS FREEDON)

Like I said earlier Questy.. Rule #1

</Necromancy>

5. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Aayla is dead. [long string of words].

Unless he dies at the end of this comic anyway, perhaps this could be a chance to give him a role in a novel set during the 20 years between the two trilogies.

After seeing that picture on the first page of this thread where Quinlan is on the tank that is being blown up, that reminds me of the part of the ROTS comic where Barriss Offee gets blasted by a tank, except she was on the ground, and not on another tank.

If Quinlan can survive that, I wonder if this could help to indirectly provide an opening to have Offee appear in the upcoming Coruscant Nights novels. They are supposedly going to have characters from the Medstar Duology, and she was in those two books.

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Major spoiler for this issue: [hl=black]Vos is dead by the end, confirmed by an interview in the most recent Star Wars insider. The cover is either misdirection (a la Quinlan Vos: Assassin!) or he survives the explosion to die a few pages later.[/hl]

7. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Regardless of the cover art, the spoiler paragraph at the beginning of this thread, and on the web page for this comic seem to indicate the latter as his ultimate fait.

8. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    [hl=black] If the cover could be "misdirection" couldn't the interview with Jan Duursema in Insider also be misdirection? After all, the cover is the cover, it never goes away. Could be wishful thinking, but all I'm saying is we won't know for sure until we read # 83. If nothing else, they're clearly giving us mixed messages. Why would they spoil such a good surprise with such a clear cut interview with Jan? [/hl]

9. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    I don't know about the cover, but the summary clearly indicates that Vos [hl=black] does indeed survive the Turbotank explosion. He may die later in the comic, but it is a FACT now that he does indeed live through the initial Order 66 attack on the Turbotank.[/hl] Read the summary on the first post of this thread, and on the Dark Horse website. Thats what it says.

10. QuinineVos

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah, I don't think there was any doubt about that. The only thing that leads one to believe he's [hl=black]definitely dead by the end of the comic is the interview in Insider with Jan[/hl]

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

His death scene atop the Persuader tank ws the last to be showed in the Jedi-clone death scenes, and the camera tore away very fast so all you saw was the edge of the tank exploding.

And no body holes with all those shots? The camera didn't rise up before you saw several hits.

I think Secura was stunned . . . [face_thinking]

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, except for the "check her" pic in the webstrip. She's dead... ;) [face_skull]

And aren't Persuaders CIS war machines? Quin was on a Juggernaught when Order 66 went into action. :confused:

13. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Hmmmm . . . now I'm not sure.

14. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    She is one with the Zombies, now.

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/aayla-dead.jpg]

"Brraaaaiiinnn-tttaaiilllsss..."

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 10, 2005
    nor did she have the hat.

16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    That'd be an "affirmative":

[blockquote][image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tankdroid/img/eu_bg.jpg][/blockquote]
    Quin was indeed atop a Juggernaut. Exc, we used to expect more from you.

17. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I figured that's what it says about Secura now. But then I watched the DVD the other day, and noticed she had no body holes. The camera was there enough to show the blue bolts raining. Stun bolts, perhaps? And there's no imperial law saying what is dead today can't be showed alive tomorrow.

Wasn't Fett assumed dead in some movie, after all?

;)

18. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Yeah, but you forget that ALL shots are blue in RotS. If you go back to ANH, the stun setting looks completely different from a normal blast. If you've read the comic strip on Hyperspace, you'd see that she is dead. dead. dead.

19. Jacen-Vader

Jacen-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, maybe two hundread of blasts hits to Aayla in Felucia, if she is not died maybe all the jedis are alive.

20. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Edit: Actually, scratch that, this lil' post added a wee bit of a little to the discussion.

21. QuinineVos

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey, wow! The preview's up at DH's website: http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=10-455

Maybe we really will get this on the 25th!

22. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Niiice preview. Love Villie's line: "I don't know. Am making this up as I go". Sound familiar? ;)

23. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Great Gadfry! This is looking to be awesome! :D

24. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I love the art in the scene when he punches that trooper.

25. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Repeats to self.. Control.. Must wait for TPB.. Control.. Must wait for TPB..

Curses.. Hurry up with the TPB..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.