main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Repurposed Materials Crafting: Light Saber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Johnny7oak, May 19, 2019.

1. Johnny7oak

Johnny7oak Jedi Padawan

May 19, 2019
    Paper towel tube starts the hilt, cut sections from roll to size then cut pieces out of what you just cut by doing a vertical cut. Piece it around to make an upper and lower raised ring in positioning. Cut a square that you glue for a switch and a square for the button. now you should have a hilt. I find that a longer wrapping paper tube was useful if its suppose to be turned on. You then paint the pieces. mine is yellow and gold on the hilt with white squares so it looks more Atlantis but glowing rod in blue color can be achieved by adding some white to paint mix at the end. I may have just done the wrapping paper tube or other tube. I can't remember. the final product is my user image.

Edit: I left this out, you may need to make a tip. One that sort of works is cut a hemi-circle and rounded end is bottom then glue it to end of tube and pinch it tight and paper clip it together. you can also add a smaller tube inside of it with other cardboard rings made out of other packaging. I did both on the image. Actually it was a small light saber short like a very small sword or just longer than a dagger. So I lengthened by covering it and fitting the pieces together and added more paint and so that the new reinforcement made it solid and blue color. the smaller one bent so it wasn't very rigid. actually if you keep making layers it might be pretty strong. My axe on a pole I made is fairly strong. but that was corrugated and fastened together.

Last edited: May 19, 2019