main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Request for TFF: Star Wars Battlefront II Competition@ GAMESTOP

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I have been requested to forward this info to all TFF members whom are willing to participate in this event. It wil be held on Sunday, July 23@ 1-6pm..Its sponsors include ITT Tech, GAMESTOP, Pepsi Cola, and EB GAMES...there will be prizes for top gameplay to include 1) XBOX 360 game system, 2)Various shirts, games and other prizes. This is gonna be a good sized event, and alot of coverage...Joe said we can do a member's drive with the buisness cards..and if we wanted to do a food drive at a later date he would approve it. Here is his email:

{(JOE)}Frank,

This is Joe Ngo at Game Stop. We are having a partnership tournament with ITT Tech. The tournament is going to be on Star Wars Battlefront 2. I was wondering if you and some of your associate can dress up in costumes and help out with the event. This would be most appreciated and if you needed any place to do any food drive in the near future my store would be there for you. We will be sure to keep you informed of any new updates. Please feel free to contact us for any reason.

Thank you

Joe Ngo
    Game Stop
    Store Manger{(JOE)}

Joe has asked to use our TFF Banner Logo on the flier and I gave him a copy of it...Me and Dusty are in so far...who is with us???

2. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    I'm down if I can make it. I'm not sure of my schedule yet, but it should be okay.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am glad you followed through with this one.. it is a great plan.. also sounds like a good time to do a membership drive. My only concern is it falls on the same weekend as a proposed trip to the San Diego Comic Con several of you have mentioned wanting to attend. So once we commit to this event we forego any plans for attending the 2006 San Diego Comic Con, which is fine by me.. just wanting to be sure everyone knows it is the same weekend for both of these events.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I would love to do it...... sounds like fun. Besides, Gamestop/Joe have been very good to us over the last year.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Joe's email mentions helping out, what specifically will it entail.. so we can get the details as to what will be expected of us.

6. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I can do Jango V.3 (yes I am ripping it apart again) if it is done or a back up rom Dustin.

(I have some new toys coming in the next few weeks)

7. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    walk around, take pics with people..and in kittycats, obikats and fsos's case...look pretty.

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    JULY, people, JULY! Please tell me this event is going to be indoors with A/C.

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I thought of that but ASSumed it was indoors, who would want to play games outside?

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    True, the games would be indoors, but WE are not going to be outside, except for short time periods, right? I'll have the Qui-Gon by then, so I'm probably making more of a fuss than I need to, then again, it is July in Tucson, and somebody's got to be the designated worrywart of the group.

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Having reread Mugen's initial posting it sounds like it(OUR involvement) would all happen in the store, which means A/C, which means I overreacted with the previous posts. I should be good to go for this.

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It's not overreacting, it's logical and understandable from past experience.

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah, there is something about heat prostration that does tend to make one overly cautious.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    yep, we've all learned that lesson. I'm so sun burnt from last event at the U or A I now learned another lesson the hard way, sun screen all over. Not just on arms and face. Any exposed area.

15. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill be there, Vadered up. And I know how you feel damien, I got sunburned through my black flightsuit!

16. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    What!?! You can get a sunburn through your clothing?? That's really weird. I burn quite easily, but I was only slightly pink after the event.

This Gamestop event sounds neat...I don't know that I'll be able to come though

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Mugen verify if they are expecting us indoors or outdoors for most of the event. Just to be sure.

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, the black mask the Jawa has intensifies the light and the "tank top" I wore under the robe was not enough to protect me after I took off the robe, which I can dry out and burn through if I'm not carefull. Live and learn.
    Also, see Dustin's answer.

19. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Its kind of nice that I have an uber reflective armor! I'm still tripping about the soaken wet jumpsuit........Couldn't even feel it till I took all the armor off! It was a beautiful day that day too, not very hot at all!

20. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Update; The tournament is going to be held at the ITT technical Institute located just West of LaCanada on River Rd. Actual address will be posted soon. But for those that know the area, it is across the street from WHATABURGER and Albertsons..(and Panda Express is down the road a little further west =P~ )

At the ITT Tech building, we are just to mingle, maybe even grade the gameplay if we want...there will be drinks and food I believe..but a case of water would be smart to have. So to recap...98.9% of the time we will be indoors with the a/c on. It would be kinda cool to be on the street in shifts to bring in a bigger crowd though...chicks dig armor..you know. ;)

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    nice :) sounds good to me. A nice indoor summer event.

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Sounds like a blast (pun intended) :-B Looking foward to this event.

23. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    and some Panda afterward... =P~

[image=http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/Mugen613/th_OC.jpg]

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Good good, good Video games, good friends, good armor, good times, life is sweet!

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm a Mandarin and Sweet'n'Sour Chicken Man, but Orange Chicken is good, too.

Best thing is, this takes place only about 1.5 miles from my house.