main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.03 - The Triple Dark - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 22, 2018.
  1. 10

3.2%
  2. 9

6.5%
  3. 8

12.9%
  4. 7

35.5%
  5. 6

19.4%
  6. 5

9.7%
  7. 4

9.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.2%
  1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm gonna be frank, I was bored until the pirates showed up, and then that made the story more interesting. It almost reminded me of the retro Droids cartoon series from the 1980s because of their inclusion and the stolen Imperial ships.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    5/10
    a disappointing followup to the opener when it comes to character building. Kaz is a total putz. The aces don't seem to be very good if a few pirate ships are too much for them to handle by themselves. I give it a 5 for the ship design and for delving into the state of the galaxy with that First Order stinger.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I liked It I can see the show really growing on me and getting better as the characters get fleshed out. My nephew watched it for the first time this morning before school he actually put his phone down and was captivated by the show he loved it! my nephew is 10 years old. I think if not for nothing Its something else to watch Its Star Wars and the Animation is great! at this point I don't love it more then Rebels and The Clone Wars where one episode in I thought Rebels was better then The Clone Wars when I saw the Rebels movie back in 2014 but I can see Resistance getting better and really growing on me...

4. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    7/10 seems right to me. Kaz was irritating as hell for the first half of it but things picked up in the second half once the pirates attacked. Nice to hear Gwendoline Christie as Phasma as well.

5. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I loved it. I was unsure if I was going to like this show, but it's grown on me faster than Rebels did, and I ended up loving that .

I love the aspect of being outside the upcoming major galactic conflict. This is just a tale of people trying to live their lives. I thought the show did a great job of showing how much Kaz has had everything handed to him his whole life, and it's finally his time to do something for himself. The symbolic nature of his expensive trophy he won't hock to save his ass....his lack of skills and inflated sense of worth due to his spoiled upbringing...this show's doing a good job of laying the ground work for him.

I like the animation style. It lends well to dogfights...which have also been pretty good and a welcome change...Disney Star Wars hasn't had alot of good starfighter fights, and I'm hoping this series will be continuing to remedy that!

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think one of the key positives, in terms of character, is that while Kaz can be a little irritating sometimes, he’s not mean the way Ezra often was. He’s got more of a Luke in ANH vibe. Good heart, a little naive, and a little complainy at first. Whereas Ezra was constantly whining and putting other people down, and didn’t let up on that until very late in the series.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If Kaz doesn't get over this complete, bumbling moron phase quickfastandinahurry....that is going to annoy me throughout the series.

chrcharcor2 and Jedi Older Code like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s leavened, at least, by his excellent piloting skills. But yeah. That’ll need to evolve.

9. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Kaz is so fricking annoying I don't know if I can watch this anymore. It's so dull. I was looking forward to getting more backstory about the FO but not like this.

Theo333, cwustudent and GunganSlayer like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The silver lining (for you and everyone else here) is that you may not need to post in this thread anymore!

11. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I didn't realise it was a positive vibes only thread but, for sure, I'm not likely to waste time kicking the rope bridge any more on this one.

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 6/10. IMO this was more of a filler type episode than anything else. It was kind of slow and too silly up until the point when the pirates showed up.

I assume that Trandoshan among the pirates was Bossk, right? Kind of sad and pathetic to see him flying around with pirates as opposed to the bounty hunting; but I guess at this point there aren't many left. Part of me was expecting Hondo to show up.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Probably just a
    random trandoshan.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I could be wrong, but there's never been any canon explanation over what happened to Bossk after the PT era, right?

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    this much time since he would be an old dang lizard by now....the pirate doesn't appear that old.

17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Isn't he the Trandoshan Bounty hunter in TESB?
    [\Spoiler]

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Bossk teamed up with Ezra for a whle, as well as doing a heist Vader had Aphra run IIRC

Darth_Voider likes this.
  19. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Bossk changed his name and went into hiding after losing a character popularity contest to Jar Jar Binks in a forum hosted in a distant galaxy.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I meant the OT of course; obviously I knew he was in ESB.

21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    All the nonsense with Grevel trying to collect the money Kaz "owes" him....I want to see Kaz catch Grevel sabotaging someone else's darts ...then realize that is what he did to him. Call him out on it in Aunt Z's in front of a bunch of people and get Grevel in deep with a bunch of people over it.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think I liked Grevel's species better when they were primitives that needed 3PO to translate to.
    [​IMG]

23. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Great...It's gonna be another one of those planets...

BigAl6ft6 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  24. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    double tap

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I hope it's just Rats Tyrell who survived this and decades later is pretty bitter

[​IMG]

Or maybe a descendant at least

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.