main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.04 - Fuel for the Fire - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 7, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 29, 2018.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

3.6%
  3. 8

14.3%
  4. 7

35.7%
  5. 6

21.4%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

7.1%
  8. 3

3.6%
  9. 2

3.6%
  10. 1

3.6%
  1. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    7.3/10 (the 0.3 bump for being the first episode not to tack on a ST-tie-in stinger.)

Otherwise, pretty stock episode in doing the right thing.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I liked this episode quite a bit. I was getting a little worried that this episode, judging by the reactions from those who saw it on the Disney Now app, would be a decent filler episode at best, but I was pleasantly surprised. It gave us a bit more of Kaz and his antics (Kaz ranges from being an entertaining yet naive presence to a frustrating one), a little of Neeku (Happy Drax!), some Tam sass (and a tease about her past. She may have been like Kaz when she first arrived to the Colossus), and we got a tease to Yeager's backstory, which will definitely be explained in a future episode. And I'm digging the relationship between Yeager and Kaz.

I wonder if Rucklin will be in a future episode. The way this one ends certainly suggests he will. We'll see.

As a character, Rucklin is fine, but I thought he was very predictable (when the engine to Kaz's speeder blew up, I knew Rucklin was behind it). He's your typical selfish bully-type character, and there isn't anything special about him so far. There isn't really much to be interested in with him.

BB-8's strength is goofy (like, really goofy), but I can overlook that. If I like something like this, I can overlook those small flaws.

7/10

I'm sorry for being such a Disney shill, will you ever forgive me?

Outsourced likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This was my least favourite one so far but it did get a lot of help from having Eljiah Wood in it. Also they called it "Corellian Hyperfuel!" which I always say they said Coaxium and not HYPERFUEL enough in Solo so good to see it here.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

Kinda just run of the mill story. But I did like getting some insight into Yeager's past.

5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I didn't think this show could get any worse...I was wrong. :(
    It's just very hard to watch...the guy is such a screw up.

Theo333 and Blobofat like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, that’s the beginning of his arc. He’s not skilled at anything but piloting. He’s a screwup in every other area of life. But I suspect he’ll learn.

Hopefully, though, he learns a little bit quicker than Ezra...

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just watched it and gave it a 6/10. IMO this was again more of a filler episode than anything else. I don't really feel anything for the characters; and the story seems to be dragging to a crawl. The episodes don't have much of a story to begin with. Kaz is suckered into helping his new "friends" sneak into Yeager's secret garage; now where have we seen that before? [face_thinking]

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This was an 8 out 10 for me

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually appreciate the more leisurely pace so far. A nice change from the wam bang of most SW content.

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I thought it was a good episode. It's basically the "cool characters turn out to not be what they seem" type of the stories. Nice Easter egg too (it that is truly Batuu). I assume it hinted at part of the Yeager's story arc. Also, Rucklin's character design made me immediately think of Luke for some reason. Visuals are still great and I still love Bucket.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Like an Aryan youth version of him. Nazi Luke.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    6/10 - I think the show needs to pick up a bit. There was some good back story on Yeagar but I'm ready to get on with the actual spy stuff more, I'm as frustrated with the whole mechanic thing at this point as Kaz is.

13. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    4/10. Would've been lower if it weren’t for the tidbit of Yeager's story. Way too predictable and boring. Would've probably been interesting if the stereotypical blond douchebag wasn’t so stereotypical. I can't believe I'm saying this, but really I wished the episode subverted my expectations.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The background on Yeager was good but otherwise I found the episode a bit of a bore.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wrong Episode

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.