main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.04 - Fuel for the Fire - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 7, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 29, 2018.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

3.6%
  3. 8

14.3%
  4. 7

35.7%
  5. 6

21.4%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

7.1%
  8. 3

3.6%
  9. 2

3.6%
  10. 1

3.6%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.04!!
    The Triple Dark
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    will we need to tag spoilers for this episode for two weeks?

We probably all have come across a jerk like Rucklin at some point in life

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes. Though the episode is available for some, it's not available for all, so tags until its TV airing.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  4. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    Loved the photo of the rebels partying on Jakku with the crashed star destroyer in the background lol

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I liked this episode. I think it started Kaz down the path of not trusting every single person he sees. I also really liked the backstory it started to provide to some of the characters.

chrcharcor2 and Trikuza23 like this.
  6. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Think I caught Elijah Wood in the cast credits (Rucklin). A bit tardy there - it was the prior series that had all the LOTR hooks.

Pretty standard character building episode - our main protagonist still helps out for those who betray him. Wish that template wasn't so predictable this time around - episode was pretty fun, though.

Voltron64 likes this.
  7. Bacbacca

Bacbacca Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2011
    Yeager is black? The family pic has him with Tam's skin tone but on the show he just looks like a white dude, even when there's no light on him. they have to fix that .

This spy thing is not working with me at all. it's just being handled poorly.

8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Huh? He definitely looks black in the actual show.

[​IMG]

9. Bacbacca

Nov 26, 2011
    Can you give your reasons? Cause simply posting a pic doesn't do anything.

10. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, I can't exactly do much other than saying "He's black". Because he's black. That should be abundantly clear from the picture.

11. Bacbacca

Nov 26, 2011
    So you don't have anything but disagreeing?

12. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    What do you want? A color comparison between famous black actors and Yeager?

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK wtf this tangent is... but how bout we don't pursue it.

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Did any one get screen grabs of Rucklin's racer??

15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Can I do the comedy "he's Duros" bit before we move on?

No? Okay, fair enough. ;-)

16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Even though this looked like a filler episode, it wasn't. Glad we got a little more backstory about Yeager, looking forward to finding out more about his days as a Rebellion pilot. Some of the humor was low-hanging fruit but I did have a few laughs (when the engine started to go toward the edge, the picture of the pilots celebrating). The flying animation keeps looking great. 6.5-7/10.

vncredleader and Outsourced like this.
  18. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    BB-8 works out.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    vncredleader and Siphonophore like this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Another fantastic episode! Seriously, the animation is gorgeous to look at, and very appealing. Still don’t get how people find it bad. But different tastes, I guess. Also don’t see how people clarified this as filler. It set up some most likely important things, like Rooklin being an enemy of Kaz now (even though he saved your kriffing life...), Yeager having been a rebellion pilot and had a family, and hinting at trouble with Doza coming (who’s most likely in with the First Order). And Bucket was a blast to finally see doing what he does. Love his design.

20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I have a feeling Neil deGrasse Tyson also thinks BB-8 would have (should have) slid right off the deck.

21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Maybe he has a magnet inside his body and can lock down to metal surfaces with it like we saw R2-D2 do in TPM and Chopper do in Rebels. He is an astromech and needs to be able to work on the surface of ships in space...how is he going to do that if he cannot secure himself to the deck??

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Siphonophore and vncredleader like this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Fuel for the Fire" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

23. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    7/10 some more character building, particularly with Yeager. Though Kaz continue to prove himself a putz. I hope BB-8 is the one actually doing the spying because Kaz is a doofus. There is nothing likeable about Rucklin in fact I hope he dies down the line in a racing accident.

...too negative? :D

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Then his ball wouldn't have been spinning slowly backwards, like a car or truck with its wheels spinning on a slippery surface. The implication was that he was really strong, but he'd also have to be REALLY heavy for that scene to make any sense.

Siphonophore likes this.
  25. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Could be that the design specs are for BB-8 to stick to a hull in zero G and if he moves slowly it is not problem...however in the show he is dealing with gravity and the weight of Kaz and Rucklin and it cannot hold as well and the spinning is due to those factors.

Also...are we not getting a gallery for this episode? Not seeing anything on the Episode Guide.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Outsourced and Siphonophore like this.