main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.06 - The Children from Tehar - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 3, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 12, 2018.
  1. 10

5.3%
  2. 9

15.8%
  3. 8

31.6%
  4. 7

26.3%
  5. 6

7.9%
  6. 5

5.3%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.6%
  9. 2

2.6%
  10. 1

2.6%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think it’s because while Kaz is a clutz, he’s not mean and his heart seems to be in the right place. Ezra was consistently rude for multiple seasons, for some reason, until he chilled out toward the end. I don’t know. Ezra just seemed to be more of a dick. And whined a lot. Kaz is a nicer guy and less whiny.

And so what if he’s not a great mechanic? He’s just...not a mechanic. Which is why it’s odd to choose that as his cover - the greatest narrative weak spot in the show, IMO. But he’s a quick thinker and tactician (as he’s especially shown over the last two episodes). As a spy, those kinds of smarts are more important and more impressive than him knowing how to turn some screws. So while I’m annoyed that they keep going with the stupid bad mechanic jokes, it doesn’t generate contempt for that character for me, as he’s usually smart when it counts.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    My DVR recorded Ep. 6 again today, but this time the title is not "The Children From Tehar", but "The Runaways" instead. Odd.

3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Probably an old title for the episode and somebody forgot to update it in their files.

4. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    6/10
    Not bad. Not as good as the last one, but still entertaining. I liked the turtle engineers a lot, and I also for the first time I really liked Neeku's character. It took a while but it feels that the writers are finding the balance with this character and discovering the difference between funny/charming and obnoxious.

I wish they start doing something different with Kaz though, because he is very boringly predictable.

vong333 likes this.
  5. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Amen.

And to the Kaz/goofiness — it is still on Disney and aimed at kids and something’s gotta give. I watch this show with younger kids and the slapstick gets big laughs. So if it gets too much, I can filter it out and appreciate it for its intent. Hopefully though Kaz ups his game and starts taking his cover seriously.

I read above about someone not trusting Neeku — never thought of him as not trustworthy. That’s an intriguing scenario. Makes ya think.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    my favourite thing about the last episode was that they mentioned Kylo Ren wrecking stuff and that pretty much guarantees we'll see Kylo Ren wrecking stuff cuz you don't mention Kylo Ren wrecking stuff and then not show it. Interesting that not everybody knows who he is although some probably very much do.

the turtle mechanics seemed a lot like the Sloth DMV folks in Zootopia but it's such a good joke I'll let it slide. I thought Asty showing up was cuz they couldn't afford Oscar Issac aside from the premiere and finale but hopefully that isn't the case.

oh and Christie as Phasma had maybe some of my favourite things she's done as Phasma in Star Wars because how faux-chipper she sounded whens she was talking to the big dude about wanting to find the kids for their own safety.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  7. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Poe is in the next episode, so this definitely isn't the case.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    They could also have done all his dialogue in a couple of days for the season.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    maybe the call back to the Resistance was a late addition that they couldn't get Issac for so they had him ring up Asty instead

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    7/10 - not quite as good as the last episode but definitely better than previous episodes. As others have mentioned, I wish they'd tone down Kaz being so clumsy and loud, and maybe actually learn to be helpful as a mechanic to keep up his cover.

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Maybe he was off on a mission with Black Squadron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree with Kaz, its down right rough for me when it comes to him.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh best line of the episode from Neeku and possibly in the running for favourite Neeku line of the series: "Well, the odds of finding those children here are akin to winning the Platform Lottery. Twice!"

(of note, Star Wars Show revealed the Neeku actor sent a fan letter to JJ Abrams to see if he could sneak in Neeku in episode IX ala the Rebels Easter eggs in Rogue One. Which is a great idea if you ask me!)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I think that's exactly what it is. That character is referred to as "village chieftain" or something close and the kids mentioned being the only survivors of an attack on their village.

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the kids are still on the platform. It would be fascinating to finally get some Knights of Ren action with them looking for the kids to tie up loose ends.

16. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I'd love if they came Maybe someone finds out that Prye was wrong (someone scummy sees the kids with the Shell folk ) and the KOR are called into find who outsmarted Prye and to deal with the kids

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    As cool as that would be I think it's unlikely. Episode IX will probably be our first real introduction to the Knights of Ren.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Hope so!

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The series is still hovering in the middle for me, Kaz the spaz is just something I cant get behind. I did enjoy the engine room and the FO hunt, so its slightly better than some other episodes. I just keep wishing for more, but the show is very repetitive thus far.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    8/10. I liked this one. First episode I can say that for. Hopefully things will pick up a bit now.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Gave it a 9/10. I thoroughly enjoyed this, definitely my favorite so far. The fact that there is a First Order operative in charge on planet is bound to have consequences at some point, and that added to the suspense here. I see Kylo Ren is destroying villages already (somebody probably made fun of his hair or something). And I felt for those kids.

I like that Kaz and Neeko and Tam’s personalities are really starting to come out, and the appearance from Phasma was great.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I have only just got around to watching this episode. For me this is the weakest so far. Way too much unfunny slapstick humour, basically ruined the episode. Firstly the whole plot is based on the ridiculous notion that Kaz broke a ship component by incorrectly helping install it for one second. This just made me facepalm, the plot so obviously punishing Kaz for an unbelievable event. Next was the embarrassing attempt at humour with the weight of the removed broken ship part, "strong female character" Tam holding part one handed at arms length passing it to Kaz who struggles to lift it off the floor. I was tempted to turn off at that point. The First Orders appearance improved the episode rating slightly and I liked Neeku this episode too, but still I would vote a 4 if it wa still open to vote. About that, a week really isnt long enough time. This poll was closed before it first aired here.

23. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Am I the only one bothered with Tam throwing tools at Kaz just for clumsiness?

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Gotta get Kaz out of the workshop to begin the plot of the episode somehow

25. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    This one is my favorite episode so far. It kept me entertained and often on the edge of my seat. I liked the two kids as characters, there was some good tension with the First Order, and I really enjoyed the Kaz and Neeku team-up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.