main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.07 - Signal from Sector Six - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 10, 2018.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 19, 2018.
  1. 10

6.7%
  2. 9

10.0%
  3. 8

30.0%
  4. 7

16.7%
  5. 6

16.7%
  6. 5

6.7%
  7. 4

3.3%
  8. 3

6.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    If I remember correctly, astromechs help but they aren't necessary. In particular, I believe X-wings can make hyperspace jumps on their own, but they are limited to a small number of known coordinates.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    This episode was a bit better, X-Wings flying in actual space is an improvement for me. The adventure was pretty fun / interesting, though I think its still mostly fluff.

3. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Eh.
    Poe was good. But the episode was kinda boring, not really my cup of tea. Once again it felt like a Rebels filler episode. The flying scene was also a bit underwhelming.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. It was essentially a mini-horror movie. But.. not scary. A bit Scooby Doo-ish.

The High Tower is still...the highest rated for me, pun intended. It felt the richest, in terms of story and world-building. Followed by Children from Tehar and then the series opener.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    La Calavera likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So-so - 5/10. I'd have given it more points without the monkey lizards - they were annoying. Let's see where they go with the new female character.

6. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Could Synara pretend to be Kaz's girlfriend, to blend in better on Colossus? That could get interesting with that pilot ace girl that he already likes. Could be fun. I'm trying to stay positive here. And maybe down the road Synara will become a 'good guy'.

7. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Fun(ish) episode.

Seeing Kaz and Poe bond over their love of flying was pretty good. This is definitely where Kaz's talents truly shine, and I'm glad we got some more screen time with him in the cockpit.

Poe is the best aspect of the episode. Oscar Isaac brings the charm and charisma he had from the films into this series, and it's a very welcome addition to an episode that is mostly shenanigans with those annoying monkey lizards.

BB-8 has a love interest now, and that is just <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

CB-23 was a surprising addition, and she was fun. Her stuck-up jealousy is cute, and I hope we get more of her in future episodes, even if she was rude to my adorable ball baby, BB-8. <3

I hate monkey lizards. I hate them so much.

I probably got that line wrong.

The slapstick was fine, but it kind of got tiring after a while. It was fine at first, but then it kept going and going, and by the end, I was waiting for something different to happen.

Thankfully, Synara showed up. Though they kind of just nonchalantly revealed the First Order spy Kaz has to track down (probably), I though the episode ended on a decent note. Kaz's need to help people he believes are in need proves to bite him in the ass this episode. Yeager's warning to Kaz is obvious foreshadowing for bad events in the future, and I imagine Kaz will feel guilty over whatever happens. Maybe the constant pirate attacks cause extensive damage to the Colossus, and Kaz can't help but blame himself for it.

6/10 - One of the less entertaining episodes so far, with the constant slapstick that gets a little annoying, but the inclusion of Poe, BB-8, CB-23, and Synara make this episode better.

Also, side note, but I really like Kaz, and I think he doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves.

Ey, I got my check in the mail, y'all want some money-dollars? Will that make it better? :-(

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    9/10, my favourite episode of the series so far.

whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.