main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.12 - Bibo - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 12, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 21, 2019.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

31.6%
  4. 7

42.1%
  5. 6

5.3%
  6. 5

15.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

5.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.12!!
    Bibo

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Soooo

are we getting set up for a sea monster rescue??

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Soo we are getting some kind force related into the resistance with the Tehar children. They might be more importaant in future of the resistance.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Great little episode. The animation was incredible too. Feels like it’s improved from season 1.

I’m really getting invested in these characters too. Didn’t think I would, but it’s happening.

5. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Remember when people were going ****ing ape**** over this series and acting like it was one of the worst things to happen to the franchise? My how times have changed. [face_laugh]

Darthur C. Clarke and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Welcome to the fandom. It happened with TCW. It happened with Rebels. And it happened with Resistance. People think the show is gonna be awful, the show comes out, it's pretty OK, the hate dies down, people actually start to enjoy it. It's not a prevalent here on the boards, but it can definitely be seen on places like Youtube and Twitter.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    5/10 for me. Ultimate middle of the road episode, best way I could describe it would be forgettable. The flying animation in it looked really great as usual but most of the other stuff I could take it or leave it. It'd be nice to expand on Griff or Freya at some point.

I doubt I'm going out on a limb here but I'm guessing 90% of what was shown in the mid-season trailer will be from the last episode of the season.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Eila being Force sensitive makes it even more likely that whatever happened on Tehar is what Rey saw in her vision in TFA I think. Very interesting.

9. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    The mid-season trailer has indicated exactly how I expected things to play out based on experience: It starts off lighthearted, but gets darker later.

But getting to the episode itself, this seems to be one of the episodes that's seemingly inconsequential on the surface, but is setting up some important stuff, like the pirates getting more intel on the Resistance, Tehar potentially being explored and Bibo's mother playing a role against the inevitable First Order occupation.

10. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Other than the "twist" that the monster was Bibo's mother, which was the most absurdly predictable thing ever, this was a pretty good episode. 8/10.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    honestly, as I expected coming off from the break I lost most of my hype for this show. The return date barely registered in my mind after watching the mid season trailer so I missed the premier. Apparently a lot happened this episode if Star Wars Explained's recap is anything to go by. Maybe the lack of up-front usage of the force is what is not keeping me hooked. Some people really like that, understandably.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t think it’s that people actively like the non-usage of the Force. They just like a show with excellent visuals, decent characters, a solid story and great world-building. If the Force features, great. If not, no big deal.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    And it seems some aspect of the force is here, it's just minor with the Tehar kids.

Baron_Papanerd and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Bibo" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    6/10

Might have been a 7 but the big "payoff scene" (complete with closeups of mama and baby monsters' homomorphic oculi) is overplayed for a "relevation" that most people probably guessed the first time the mama monster appeared. A more committedly bent flavor throughout, like the gag in the closing scene would have come across better.

16. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Great return episode! Kaz is finally doing something he's qualified for, fighter piloting instead of spying or working as a mechanic, and it changes his portrayal completely for the better. Neeku is at peak Neeku. The kid's forshadowed Force abilities are bound to be important down the line, and Kaz being noticed for fighter pilot abilities will likely come up later.

I think we're getting set up for a big second half of the season now. The first half was all world building and characters, now we'll start seeing more action and significant plot building.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    7/10

The story was extremely simplistic even for a young child IMO, but the animation is simply stunning. I love this visual style way more than what we had in TCW or Rebels. Too bad they couldn't have used this kind of animation style with a slightly more mature show.

But the episode was still fun, even if extremely predictable, and there were tons of things foreshadowed for the future, like Force sensitive kids, Kaz probably becoming one of the Aces very soon, Synara betraying her pirate group in the future, and possibly, even though I really, really hope this won't be the case, the big bad sea monster rescuing the Colossus from the FO towards the end of this season/series à la space whales saving Lothal in Rebels.

Bor Mullet and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  18. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    7/10

I was hoping for some back story on Neeku, but this episode was fun either way. I liked Kaz the military nerd finally joining the Aces in the fight! Maybe he'll finally become an ace for real. Speaking of, Hype is apparently Ace-1. I'm assuming the rest of the aces are numbered. And if Kaz does become an ace, he'll be Ace-6. Reminds me of Spectre-6 (Ezra) from Rebels!

MrDarth0 likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. Betting they'll eventually become the Resistance's Ace Squadron.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I actually would prefer no Force usage in the series...other then Kylo when he shows up.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a feeling Kylo will be showing up at the end of this season.

BigAl6ft6 and MrDarth0 like this.
  22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    That would be a surprise for sure but a welcome one.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 5/10. So essentially the theme of the episode was that Neeku found a stray, ugly organism and took it in as his pet. Yeah, real resistance; ok. And tell me you didn't predict the outcome a mile away.

Snafu55 likes this.
  24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I have a feeling He's bringing the knights with him ;)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Neku's freak out was the best part "His adorable path of destruction and mayhem ends here!" even his crying was just bizarre.

Oh and Kylo Ren totally toasted those kid's village cuz he was tearing the place up for Force sensitives.

The animation this episode looked really good, I think the last few episodes it's gotten better looking as a show. The scale of the sea monster was great.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019