main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.14 - The Doza Dilemma - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 27, 2019.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 4, 2019.
  1. 10

4.8%
  2. 9

38.1%
  3. 8

28.6%
  4. 7

9.5%
  5. 6

14.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.8%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.14!!
    The Doza Dilemma
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I thought this episode was a bit underwhelming. I thought that the FO was going to threaten to kill Torra unless Doza relinquishes the platform. Also, didn't Kaz say he was good at simulated weapons? That game looked simulated. Unless he lied to Poe, or he's trying to keep his cover. And I wonder if maybe they retconned Torra's age or whoever said she was 15 made a mistake, 'cause...a 15-year-old hanging with 20-somethings?

I'm glad Kaz is finally suspicious of Synara. I wonder how this will impact him since he was the one who brought her to the Colossus in the first place.

3. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    I think she probably just earned prestige as a racer and so her age was overlooked. She was already hanging with some of the other racers already who were mostly adults. And to be fair Kaz and Tam are quite young and would probably feel more at home with her socially than Yeager's crew.
    And obviously Synara was there for her own reasons.

I actually enjoyed this episode more than I did the majority of the previous ones this season. It felt more like a classic Rebels episode with something serious happening that was connected with the overall storyline.

Plus there was some character development with Kaz who is now beginning to have doubts about Synara whom he thought of as a friend before.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2019
    vncredleader likes this.
  4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    He said he only fought in simulations. Don’t think he said he was great at it. Was probably a side thing they had him do and he didn’t really pay any attention.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I cut this off when kaz just couldn’t.......this show is not my cup of tea and consider the 30 issue run of Poe Cameron as being very legit.this show not so much

6. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I thought this was a really good episode. I'm all in on learning about the FO.

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    This episode was fantastic!! Loved Vonreg blasting those two pirates, pretty slick move on the First Order’s part. And Kaz has a little thing for Synara it seems. Felt bad for him at the end when he found out she’s working for the pirates. Really loving where this is going. And the drone simulator was a fun scene. I personally love how Kaz is more boast than show. He’s a great pilot, and I’m definitely expecting him to become more proficient with a blaster later on. And Torra is just too damn cute. Loved her little fighting back against the pirates.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s the point. The First Order is trying to demonstrate to Doza that he needs their protection. That way they can be invited to offer protection, take over via that invitation, and avoid any possible accusations of aggressive occupation from critics in the NR, or the Resistance. The FO can easily take the platform from Doza. They don’t need to kidnap his daughter to make that happen. They’re simply trying to present themselves as protectors, as opposed to aggressors. So they can then make the case that the NR and Resistance are the aggressors, and attack on that basis. It’s a crazy, insincere play for legitimacy.

And aren’t those pirate ships cool looking? The transition from pirate speeders, to larger skiff, to the main ship was also great layering, in terms of world-building. Made them seem like a real pirate group.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I loved the reveal of the pirate ship in the fog; a little on the nose but damn if it didn't look awesome.

10. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    The first episode I halfway enjoyed.

11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Looks like the FO is getting some longevity out of the side arm that Vonreg has.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Great episode. Things are heating up.

13. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    This week's bucket list:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    TheRynJedi likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The Doza Dilemma" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    8.0/10

The show is now stepping up its game.

16. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    This week's Resistance Rewind:

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    8/10
    It’s amazing how much more enjoyable each episode is when Kaz is competent. I liked all of the stuff with the FO. Still would like a little more background on some of the Aces who we barely know but good episode overall.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    My nephew is 10 and hangs out with High school kids my nephew is one of the popular kids has a lot of friends and everyone likes him he even hangs with and schmoozes with adults on our block. so I don't think its unrealistic for a 15 year old to hang out with people in there 20's

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. Drop the Kaz the Klutz act, and the show is much more compelling.

TheRynJedi likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    9/10

This is the first legit great episode of Resistance IMO. That pirate ship is boss. Hopefully we see more of it.

Psychenous and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think this show is holding back in a similar way to agents of shield season 1 for the “hail hydra” moment

indydefense and chrcharcor2 like this.
  22. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I don't care what canon says, there is no friggin' way Kaz is 20. He acts younger than Torra!

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve interacted with people in their mid-late 20s that are more immature than Kaz. Even a few in their 30s...

Psychenous and vncredleader like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave this one a 9/10. I actually thought this was a very entertaining episode. It was unpredictable; which feels like a rarity in this series. Yes Kaz is still relatively dumb; but it was refreshing to know that he caught on by the end of the episode.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  25. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Series is still hovering in the middle, but this episode was decent. Enjoyed the FO / Pirate interactions - sorta reminds me of the animated Droids series. I'm curious about the female pirate that looks like a Nightsister - anyone have a name / background for her?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.