main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.15 - The First Order Occupation - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 11, 2019.
  1. 10

5.9%
  2. 9

17.6%
  3. 8

35.3%
  4. 7

17.6%
  5. 6

11.8%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

5.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

5.9%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.15!!
    The First Order Occupation
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I thought this episode was pretty good. I liked that Kaz helped Synara escape. They had a few warm moments. I also liked the Takodana mention! I wonder if Castillon is close to Takodana. I also liked Yeager trying to protect Kaz from being interrogated. I give this a 9/10.

JH24 likes this.
  3. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    This show is getting better all the time. Kaz is maturing, and I was actually caught up hoping for a potential romance between Synara and him.

Bor Mullet and JH24 like this.
  4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Very intense episode. The First Order presence is making for some interesting stories. I’m not a “shipper”, but I totally ship Kaz and Synara. I love their chemistry. And Opeepit was hilarious. Felt bad when the FO took his vacuum/mop. Neeku was also hilarious. His taking everything literally is just too good. Although I’m sad Synara is back with Kragan, but definitely know she'll come back to help by the end of the season!

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I guess I know what I’ll be watching tomorrow

6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Another real good episode. I think this might have been one of the few times I actually laughed out loud at Neeku when he was talking to the stormtroopers. Hope they keep this good momentum.

8/10

7. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    That was a good episode. Definitely one of the better ones. I like the chemistry between Synara and Kaz. There were even a few moments that made me laugh. They're definitely trying to make Kaz more mature yet it's nice to see they're still adding a few goofy/clumsy moments in there.

Loved Neeku's role in this episode. Him talking to the Stormtroopers was fun, and him actually really helping out by acting as bait was satisfying to see. I liked how he mentioned that the Empire hadn't been kind to his people. And you don't see often Neeku genuinely being scared when he was about to be cornered by the Stormtroopers.

Good episode. It really feels they're starting to get a feel for all of the characters.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The First Order Occupation" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 6/10. Yeah, I know among my biggest complaints of the series has been that most of the episodes hadn't involved anything to do with the Resistance; and this one did. But this one really didn't have much going for it. It was like a continuation of the last episode and not much more. We get it, the First Order is occupying the Colossus and that's a bad thing. But a half hour show portraying something we already know?

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I bailed on the superbowl to watch Star Wars Resistance cuz the game was still happening at 10 PM but the Patriots had gotten up by 2 scores with 1 min 30 left to play and no way LA was going to get two scores in that time. Good call too cuz this was a solid episode if only to see how much the FO has slid rather easily into life on the station that people seem to accept. I mean the FO is still bossing around townies and locals but they believe they're adding protection. Also Neeku had a good bit where he took awhile to realize the Stormtroopers are actually bad. And, hey, underwater escape pods, that was pretty cool.

11. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Kaz + Synara <3

That elevator scene made me lol irl

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I'm team Kaz + Torra. I hope they eventually get together. :)

(And Kaz ain't no 20 years old. He's a teen like Torra, I don't care what some book says.)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    I am also team Korra. Not eager to see Synaz happen.

This week's Resistance Rewind

This week's Bucket's List

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
    whostheBossk and indydefense like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like the younger guy/ older woman vibe to Kaz and Synara. A welcome respite from more common sexist tropes.

15. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    I think it is a matter of preference. But how much older is Synara anyway? She might be a few years older, but she is no Mrs. Robinson.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Lol. I know. But she seems obviously older than Kaz. And definitely older and more mature than Torra, who comes across as a pre-teen.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  17. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    I think that is where we simply differ. I actually enjoy seeing Kaz and Torra being young and immature together. It's endearing.

indydefense likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s totally fine. It’s just that Kaz seems much older than Torra to me, which gives that relationship a creepier vibe than I think is intended.

19. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    I think the way she acts is more of that she is not on a serious mission for her government like Kaz is and she has always lived with her father where she never had to want for much. I think they are still relatively the same age and I think Kaz knows that.

indydefense likes this.
  20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Actually, I was under the impression that Synara and Tam had a thing for each other. [face_dunno]

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I see it as more of a matter of maturity. Synara has been out in the 'real galaxy' while Kaz has been pretty much handed everything in life til he took up with The Resistance. I do like then as something that may happen though .

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Younger guy/older woman. Now where have we seen this before? [face_thinking]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So Synara is definitively on the path to redemption, not surprising considering how they introduced her. I'm also surprised she didn't notice she was being followed, especially after the noises Kaz made on the way. Kaz also definitively has a crush on Synara. Neeku is still the same as always I guess but beyond that he's not that interesting, his shtick kind of bores me now. Interesting how Tam and Kaz reacted to the presence of stormtroopers on the platform based on their own experience, I want more of that please. Overall it was a good episode I guess, I liked it less than last week's episode though.

7/10

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah but this time, the younger guy doesn't seem to be a hyper-possessive, abusive, fascism-supporting creep.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    zackm and ScorpioGirl like this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    And he doesn't whine as much either.

Bor Mullet likes this.