main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.17 - The Core Problem - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 16, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 25, 2019.
  1. 10

12.0%
  2. 9

24.0%
  3. 8

40.0%
  4. 7

8.0%
  5. 6

8.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

8.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    We got some real world-building (via world destruction!) in this episode, which was nice. It'll be interesting to see how the show parallels the movies, because things happen very very quickly from Jakku forward (perhaps days, not weeks).

indydefense likes this.
  2. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing still puzzles me about that episode, how exactly did Poe (and later on Kaz) manage to get into the atmosphere and land on the Colossus without the FO knowing about it? It seemed like the only suggestion was the droid.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    We see the star they drain in The Force Awakens - this wasn't a test-fire area, it was a "Let's practice hollowing out planets" area

You can actually see the progression of planets as Poe and Kaz fly in

First there's a shell that's completely shattered
    Then one that looks a lot more like SKB
    Then a planet that's completely cored through

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Do we? When Starkiller Base fires on the Republic Capital, it's daylight on the base, which means there is a sun around. We see Starkiller Base drain a second sun meant to destroy the Resistance, but the base is destroyed before that can happen.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The loss of a star in this episode might be the one that destroyed the Hosinan system cuz we only see in TFA the "draining" process in the 3rd act.

7. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    That was a good episode. My newest favorite so far. The story is moving forward and I really enjoyed the chemistry between Kaz and Poe.

The environments were beautiful, and I have to say I enjoy the portrayal of the First Order more than I did with the Empire in Rebels. In this series they're portrayed as more competent and less like cannon fodder.

Now I think about it, did Kaz ever had a direct kill in a space battle so far?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Is it said anywhere how long starkiller could hold the charge it received from the sun?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As far as I know, it hasn't been said so it could be indefinitely.

10. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Edit: Nvm, already mentioned by Darth Chiznuk. :p

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  11. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Right the Starkiller Base was already charged at the beginning of the Movie.

12. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I found this the most boring episode so far.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Any episode that shows droids saving main character's lives are a plus for me. Getting really tired of Kaz's shtick though and for that I'm glad for what I can't wait for what was hinted in the trailer to show a new side of him. Not my favorite episode but it wasn't boring so I guess that's it. Also loved that bit with Tam's reaction to Yeager not telling her the truth.

14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    > connecting to TFA
    > us finding about proto Star killer tests
    > Poe and Kaz invesgating what appears to be Tehar

= Boring to you. Wow don't know what you would think would be exciting .

15. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    An exciting concept doesn’t automatically make for an exciting execution.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    "Connecting to TFA" is exactly what brought the episode down for me (6.0) I'm not partial to episodes that function primarily as movie tie-ins. I was the same way with TCW and Rebels episodes that focus around "explaining something" from the movies - and I view the PT and OT favorably unlike the ST.

The one intriguing element was the continued hints about a philosophical rift between Tam and others regarding the FO. The "We got rid of BB8" thing took up far more oxygen than it needed, though.

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I enjoyed the episode, but there is something that has been nagging me about the series as a whole. How does it fit with the Poe Dameron comics, given that BB8 stayed a long time on the Colossus?

18. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Issue #25 is the last issue before The Force Awakens. Lor San Tekka was going to let Leia know when he has the map and he'll give her his location. So, that must have taken 6 months, apparently.

whostheBossk likes this.