main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.18 - The Disappeared - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 23, 2019.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 4, 2019.
  1. 10

6.3%
  2. 9

25.0%
  3. 8

37.5%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

6.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

6.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.18!!
    The Disappeared
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    This episode didn't show up on the Disney Now app. What's going on?

Edited to add: this episode is apparently on Xfinity already. That's weird.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Kinda glad no one is posting about it yet. Now I’m not tempted to spoil myself before I watch it live tonight.

4. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Just watched it, surprising how good this show looks on an actual tv...[face_mischief]

5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Didn't see it this morning and gave it a few hours...still not there.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    strange that it hasn't bee uploaded to the Disney App yet. Guess i'll watch it live later.

7. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Another great episode. They're on a roll.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. amaximinalist

amaximinalist Jedi Padawan

Aug 30, 2016
    Non-Spoiler: I really enjoyed this one.

I like how Aunt Z got to be a hero of sorts. I gasped at the ending.

9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Non-Spoiler : Tam Stop IT

10. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Tam is going to have a moment of clarity at some point.

11. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    inb4 tam still praises the FO after Hosnian system goes boom

indydefense and Wrenegade like this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's certainly interesting when Kaz doesn't trust her enough to tell her the truth about what he and Torra were up to. Guess her being a FO apologist is rubbing him the wrong way.

13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It looks like Tam snitched on Kaz and Torra. They could be misleading us with Tam's attitude though.

Looks like we'll be seeing Maz Kanata soon. ;)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    shoot I missed it and its still not up on the app :(

15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Tam getting on my last nerve with her nonsense..."I like the boot on my throat...it makes me feel safe."

Part of me hoping she learns the hard way.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  16. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Wow, I didn’t think they’d show another race.

And that’s their last race of the season, ‘cause the FO made Doza cancel them and made the Aces stand down. And Hype is not happy.

An Aces “tryout” just in time for the races to be cancelled!

Jeez, Aunt Z. Tell us how you really feel!

Uh-oh, Hype disappeared! Wait…the description said “Kaz and Torra search for a mutual friend who disappeared.” Since when were Kaz and Hype friends?

Aunt Z has disappeared, too! Poor overworked Glitch. Why did no one volunteer to help?!

Doza finally wised up and asked for help from someone he actually trusts. But why didn’t he contact the Resistance for help from the pirates in the first place? I’m assuming it’s because he didn’t think they’d help him because he is ex-Imperial, but Yeager trusts him. And Poe trusts Yeager. They totally would have helped!

Aunt Z, Hype, Grevel, and one of his lackeys are locked up in a crate. Kaz and Torra rescue them, and the fugitives escape on a transport.

“Set course for Takodana. I have an old friend who will help us.”

MAAAAAZ KANATA!

XD I’m sorry. I couldn’t resist. Anyway, it’s a good thing Kaz and Torra rescued them, ‘cause the FO might have taken them to Starkiller Base, which will be destroyed by the Resistance.

Which makes me wonder…were there other prisoners on SKB besides Rey at the time? Why didn’t anyone consider that? Unless Finn knew there weren’t any other prisoners on the base.

Anyway, yay for small victories!

BUT WAIT…

Team Fireball is arrested! But for what?! And where is Doza?

DarthTalgus likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The Disappeared" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am sure Hype considers him a friend now....

And I am thinking if Aunt Z does come back to the station then she may be a little nicer to Kaz.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 6/10. Not among the more memorable episodes this season. The First Order is bad, we get it. They make things miserable for innocent civilians. I guess the best thing to come out of the episode was when
    Aunt Z mentioned someone she was friendly with on Takodona who you'd assume was Maz

20. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I love Aunt Z in this episode!

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the more interesting thread is the security vs. freedom discussion, which Tam and a few others engage in. Nothing ground-breaking, but still an important lesson for young people. Fascists making the trains run on time doesn't justify fascism...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    indydefense likes this.
  22. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    That was another good episode. Only part I disliked was that cheap distraction past the FO guards, but I guess it's also a kind of running gag in the series.

I really liked Aunt Z here, I just wish she had more characterization before this episode.

I like the comment from that one Trooper who said that Hype's ship was nice, and that it was a shame it was going to be scrapped. It gives a bit of personality to them.

The ending was unexpected. I can only wonder how they're going to get out of this one. Can you imagine Neeku under questioning? With his literal understanding of everything, they would probably think he was mocking them or something.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    8/10

Fun episode. The moment this show started involving the FO/Resistance stuff on a regular basis, it became much more enjoyable.

Just please don't let Kaz use the giant sea monster to get rid of the FO in the last episode!!! [face_praying]

24. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Yeah, aside from the Bibo episode, I've been enjoying every episode so far in the second half of this season.

I feel the same way about that sea monster. I've got nothing against its presence but I'm kind of worried its role could be something similar to the Purgill in Rebels.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  25. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    8/10 mostly because of Aunt Z.