main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.19 - Descent - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 2, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 11, 2019.
  1. 10

25.0%
  2. 9

50.0%
  3. 8

16.7%
  4. 7

4.2%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.2%
  1. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    This reminds me of the first season of TCW. I was almost at my wits end by the end of the season, and then HOLY CRAP HOSTAGE CRIS!!!!

2. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    This was a fun episode, typical of a first season that's there to introduce everything, which the second season can then expand off of, since that's then going to go into the year between XIII and IX

Here's hoping Tam comes to her senses before she gets mind-scrubbed

Darth Corydon and JH24 like this.
  3. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    That was a good episode. One of the best in this season so far. I kinda wished they kept Bucket's fate unknown for longer though.

The moment when Kaz told Neeku he was a spy send a shiver down my spine. Neeku's reaction was perfect, but I was a little disappointed he reverted back to his more cheery persona later on. It didn't really seem to fit in this episode.

Poor Neeku was actually covering his eyes when they were cornered in the underground tunnels.

The scene with Tierny and Tam was nice to watch. I like how Tierny is driving a wedge between Tam and Kaz. I'm looking forward to see which direction they are going to take Tam's character; she has even less reason to believe Kaz or Yeager at this point.

Yeager's dry "Kaz, if there's one thing I believe you can do, it's sink this station" was hilarious.

The ending was well done. Yeager sacrificing himself and the speech from Kaz in the end gave me chills. Kaz is really coming into his own now. And the best thing about it is that it feels natural. Like a logical next step in his development after all he's been through.

And that's also what I like about this series. There's very little Force involved. It's about regular people like Kaz who have a good heart, and who try to make a difference.

Only thing that slightly bothered me was: (unless I missed it) Why didn't Pyre check out engineering? He has been there before.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The name of the First Order’s intelligence service made me laugh out loud.

First Order Security Bureau (FOSB)

Federal Security Service, or Federalnaya Sluzhba Bezopasnosti (FSB)

5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Or her becoming a true believer and getting schwacked...Imagine how Kaz would feel if he had to kill her.

6. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    "You were my sister, Tam. I loved you!"
    Hehe. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015

8. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    "I HATE YOU!!"

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Descent" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

10. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Rated the episode a 9/10. I had a few nitpicks but as a whole the episode was solid.

It also made me realize how much I like Yeager as a character.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  11. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    9.0/10

Someone at LF put something in the writers' food this week. Order up some more of it please.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I was so glad the FO were not fooled (at least Pyre and Tierny weren't) by Kaz's plan and I was so scared for Bucket. Why do I get a feeling Tam's going to side with the FO (for a while at least)? Though I'm glad Kaz was worried for her. I liked Neeku and Torra in this one and I guess I was wrong about Neeku being a FO spy, now I think it will be Tam's role in S2, just a guess. Overall a great episode right before the drama that is sure to happen in the season finale. I'm excited.:D

8/10

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. Very good episode; up to the point where I was disappointed that it ended with a cliffhanger. I sincerely like Tierny; a female African American helmet-less leader in the First Order.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Tierny seems more Pacific Islander than African American. Still, a good example of representation.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    she's got a helmet though [​IMG]

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    She was helmetless throughout pretty much the entire show, though.

Snafu55 likes this.
  17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Maybe Neeku gets her...." I am sorry, Tam...but you picked the wrong side of the war...I have to kill you now."

18. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Or maybe he tries to talk her down. "You're a good person. Don't do this."
    Or maybe Yeager does. "I failed you, Tam. I failed you."
    XD

19. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I just think there needs to be a price for jumping in with the FO.

20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9/10, Best episode yet, the show really has gotten a lot better - I even kind of don't hate Kaz anymore.

indydefense likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the writing has been great across the whole show. The character developments and turns in “Descent” felt incredibly organic because of how well the earlier episodes set them up. Every action and reaction was believable, including from the more minor characters like Neeku. And Yeager’s act was truly tragic. This show is officially underrated.

JH24 and indydefense like this.
  22. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Fair enough but she might wear it next episode

23. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I found more enjoyment in this alone than I did for the entirety of Rebels, so I think I'm required to give it a 10

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Fun episode with some good repercussions, hell Neeku just dealing with Kaz admitting he's a spy was worth it alone. (Doza's daughter popping up being super excited about sinking the Colossus was fun too) Leia mentions "their new base" so would she be sending Kaz to D'Qar or some other base? (of note, I thought sadly that if Carrie Fisher had lived, she would definitely be playing General Organa in the show) This whole episode does seem to set up a wee bit to culminate with "Hey, Kaz, your situation sounds sucky and all but we've got a big damn movie to take care of. Yer on your own, peace out!"

Oh ya I Totally thought Bucket had bought it. For a few minutes I was like "Geeze, can they really call it Bucket's List now? From beyond the robo-grave?"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Curious to hear from @Blobofat about this episode.