main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.20 - No Escape Part 1 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 9, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 18, 2019.
  1. 10

26.5%
  2. 9

41.2%
  3. 8

20.6%
  4. 7

8.8%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

2.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    By the way, can I just say I love how badass Doza's droid became when ordered to attack? Yeah, it failed and all, but that was intense and impressive for what I had hitherto assumed to be a passive robot.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I loved it when that snitch droid fell down the shaft; CB-23 totally owned it. :p I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time; I would have sprayed my TV. [face_laugh]

10/10

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow, this show has gotten so good in the second half - literally better with every episode. I'm loving how the timeline is synching up. This is a new thing for a Star Wars TV show. This essentially means season 2 is all in the 'future' (post EpXIII). It will be interesting to see how they deal with that, seeing as we don't know what the time jump is (if any) between XIII and IX. Perhaps we will know this by the season premiere.

4. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    XIII? I think you mean VIII. As much as 13 saga films appeals to me we haven't made it yet [face_laugh]

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. Another very great episode; just not perfect. Maybe I would've given it a perfect score if they cut out the long-winded dialogue when Neeku routinely goes off on a tangent. It's kind of annoying, to be frank. At least once it would be nice if Kaz or whoever else he's talking with INTERRUPTS HIM before he can continue.

It is interesting that apparently they've caught up to the events of TFA; I thought the setting was still earlier. Does that mean it's possible we'll see Finn and possibly even Rey in a future episode?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  6. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    I agree with you but will go one step further. Since Kylo is supposed to appear, I'm predicting it will end with a Galaxy wide transmission from the new supreme leader.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's too early for the show to already pass TLJ. It's only about half way through TFA with the last episode and remember it's been a few episodes since Poe left for Jakku. So unless they jump ahead in the next episode I suspect they'll still be moving through TLJ at the beginning of season 2.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    He joins K2SO in the Best Droid Deaths Club.

Psychenous likes this.
  9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    With Starkiller Base being fired, Resistance is like two weeks from passing The Last Jedi. Seems like that could happen at any time.

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The quality of this show has gone up several orders of magnitude over the past few episodes.
    Gonna be interesting to see what they do with the show next next season since it will start before EP IX comes out.

Psychenous likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, like I said they could jump forward but I don't think they will. They would be skipping over a lot of the fallout from the Hosnian Cataclysm as Kaz deals with what happened to his family. I think this last episode will cover them leaving Castilon and the beginning of season two will cover the First Order invasion of the galaxy. Basically showing us what was going on off-screen in TLJ.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9/10 for me, can't wait for next week's episode!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I don't know for sure, but I think only days take place between TFA and TLJ. The First Order was essentially in position to take over all the hyperspace lanes and important systems once Hosnian was taken out. This is exactly what we're seeing in the show. Also, they wouldn't have let the Resistance sit on Ilenium for months, and in turn the Resistance wouldn't have waited around very long once their position was discovered. I wouldn't be surprised if TLJ started literally the day after Rey left Ilenium. The events of TLJ itself take place in maybe about 3 days? So we're talking no more than 10 days from Hosnian going to our friends escaping Crait.

So far on the show, the timeline has been pretty tight. We see Poe leaving for Jakku and 4 episodes later is Starkiller firing. That's about right.

14. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I guess the images of Hosnian Prime and the other planets being destroyed were taken by ships/probe droids in orbit around those planets. It's chilling that the First Order are so confident that they take holo-images of mass murder.

It's pretty amazing how this series, which started off with slapstick and light-hearted episodes, has moved into some pretty dark places late in the season.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Castilon is in the outer rim, but which part? I'm trying to think of where The Colossus might be headed. I suppose they could fly it wherever they want to, but perhaps somewhere close, as opposed to the opposite side of the galaxy. Parking it in space would expose it to large ships, so they'd probably park it in another ocean. Mon Cala, perhaps? Would that be too predictable and overused, after its appearance in TCW? As much as I'd like to see a new planet, at least there would be allies on Mon Cala. Plus, we know it's submersible.

Also, the scene with the scubatroopers on patrol reminded me of Pee-wee's Big Holiday. There's a book series called The Adventures of Scuba Cop, which is referenced and seen in the film.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  16. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Flix and Orka continue to be the best characters. Truly couple goals.

vncredleader likes this.
  17. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  18. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    My head canon is tentatively placing Castilon in the North Western area of the galaxy...somewhere along the edge of the where the Imperial Remnant was in the old EU and the Unknown Regions.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Obviously if it's supposed to leave the planet, it won't show up anywhere near the systems that appear on the big screen throughout the ST; unless we're supposed to see it in IX. Wouldn't want to upset the continuity police.

20. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    4 stars for Kaz's home world being blown to bits. I'd have given it more but Kaz wasn't on it.

21. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]=D=

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This episodes title is apt. As there is really no way out. I can’t wait to see more of Kaz’s reaction to the death of pretty much everyone he knew. Good to hear that speech one more time from Hux

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I am revoking this prediction based on the part 2 preview. Seems like the events of part 2 will be the same day as part 1.

25. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    That was a powerful episode. My favorite part was the underwater scene. It looked beautiful and I loved the skirmish.

I like how Kaz is growing but has trouble adapting. In the previous episode you could see his fear when Yeager and him got into a firefight, Kaz hurting his hand trying to hit the Underwater Trooper, or him holding the gun the wrong way. I liked that; it felt realistic.

I love the little things in this episode, like Neeku and the children trying to figure out how the controls work, again adding a bit of realism.

Tam... I was sure she was going to come around, but I'm not so sure now. She's feeling resentment towards Yeager and Kaz, and that's not a good thing.

Neeku makes for a great foil to Kaz. It makes me wish they had more of those scenes this season, those two have an unique kind of friendship.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.