main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.21 - No Escape Part 2 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 1, 2019.
  1. 10

30.8%
  2. 9

35.9%
  3. 8

23.1%
  4. 7

5.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.6%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.21!!
    No Escape Part 2
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn that was great.
    Lol, what a tease at the end though. Never change Neeku.

3. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Incredible.... absolutely incredible

JH24, Fandalorian and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Great episode, great season! Can't wait for season 2 now!

I wonder where the hell they'll end up. Obviously it won't be D'Qar since they'd have to explain why they didn't take part in the Battle of Starkiller Base. I bet they'll get to D'Qar a few episodes into season 2 only to find it abandoned.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Earth. Right above Des Moines.

6. Darth Luch

Darth Luch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 28, 2016
    One of the best SW anime episode. That was great

Fandalorian, Jamie1001 and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    What an episode! Thoughts are all over the place at the moment so with no further adieu -

Tam went with the FO! I can't believe it but it makes me so happy and excited for the potentially storylines we could get in Season 2. I'd love a few episodes from the First Order's perspective.

Loved the shots of the Colossus rising through the clouds.

Was super glad the big ocean monster had no big part in the Colossus escaping but holy bantha that was a super dark way to dispose of the FO troopers. Either weighed down by their armour and drown or picked off by space sharks. Thalassophobia right there.

I really loved the slow burn of the season and felt that it ended really strongly. Great to see Kaz actually excel at something and not bumble through it.

I was a little disappointed when I heard they were heading to D'qar. Felt that it would force the first few episodes of S2 to sort of mirror TLJ - Resistance crew show up as the FO arrive and they have to escape (again). It made me happy when they said they didn't actually know where they were headed. My personal theory is that they will end up at Baatu and tie into Galaxy's Edge. Continuity wise there is not that much time between the finale and end of TLJ so part of S2 could potentially act as a lead in for IX.

Can't wait for Season 2!

8. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Uggh, did they have to show that AGAIN?! Kind of reminds me of soap operas where they play the last scene of the last episode again. Funny, ‘cause Kaz’s voice actor was on a soap opera. And Star Wars is a space opera.

Well, that was definitely a bigger reaction than last episode. I’m surprised the stormtroopers didn’t notice and start shooting like in A New Hope after Vader killed Obi-Wan.

Yay, they broke out Yeager and Doza!

Aww. I was hoping Yeager would hug Kaz.

“This station hasn’t been mobile in 20 years.” Hmm. I wonder if Leia or even Poe knows the Colossus is a space station/ship.

They’re gonna flush out the First Order! That is a truly amazing plan!

The First Order is taking Tam off-world “back to base” just in time for it to blow up! XD

Well, I don’t blame Tam for being mad at Yeager and Kaz. They lied to her for six months and basically screwed up her life. Kaz took the Fireball from her, and he might become an ace next season. Also, Kaz was put on the Colossus to find out who the First Order spy is, and if it turns out there was no spy, that Poe’s “secret source” lied to him and Leia, this whole mission was a lie, which will make Tam hate Kaz even more!

I was kind of hoping Kaz would have said something like “You are going to pay for what you did to my home system.” to Pyre.

TORRA!

Man, Kaz sounded so worried.

Doza freed the aces and Yeager’s taking charge!

Kaz took out two TIEs with a blaster! Poe would be proud!

HYPE AND AUNT Z ARE BACK!

All the pilots have launched!

Kaz saved Griff again. That’s two you owe Kaz, Griff!

The pirates are back! This time to help!

Star destroyer!

They’re going to D’Qar? Well, probably not, since they’re not in the movies.

They’re retreating back to the Colossus.

Uh-oh, Vonreg’s on Yeager’s tail!

Kaz DESTROYED Vonreg! That brings this season full-circle! One of Kaz’s mentors saved Kaz from Vonreg, now Kaz saved one of his mentors from Vonreg! Poe will be so proud! I’m not sure about Kaz cheering after he freaking killed someone, though. He acted like he was in a video game! Again, this would have been a great time for Kaz to say something like “That’s for blowing up my home planet, you sleemo!”

They made the jump! But Neeku didn’t have time to put in the entire coordinates, so they are not heading to D’Qar! I wonder if they end up on Crait just after the First Order-Resistance battle there in TLJ.

Okay, final thoughts: the finale didn’t go the way I thought, but it was still pretty epic. I thought I read that Kylo was going to be in the finale, though. And we never did find out who the First Order spy was. I’m starting to think Poe was misinformed, that the “secret source” was just a distraction from their main plot, and I also have a feeling Kaz’s father is really alive and is behind it. If that's the case, then Kaz's entire mission was based on a lie!

What about Kaz’s mother, though? If Kaz’s father really is alive, did he just leave his wife behind to be killed? Or if she’s alive, too, I really hope she’s not a FO sympathizer, too.

Can’t wait for next season!

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Would have liked to have seen Kaz lose it after seeing HP destroyed and take out the whole room of Stormies...it was only 5 and he has plot armor.

Why are they only using stun blasts? Come on...they are in a war, shooting down fighter and flushing Stormies out to get ate by fish...but let's not have our heroes directly kill anyone??

Well...let's hope they don't forget the 2 Stormies in the cell....prisoners will need to be interrogated.

Tam...well...Tam is gonna get what she is gonna get. Sorry....not sorry...she made her choice. But would have liked for Kaz to tell her that the FO destroyed HP.

Would have liked more chatter in the fighter combat. ex...after Griff thanks Kaz for saving him Kaz asks how the damage is and Griff says he can manage, or just the usual "he's on your tail" "I got him"...general stuff like that. Seemed to be a lot of that in ANH, ROTJ, RO.

Well...that's what you get for getting tunnel vision on your kill Vonreg....

Am I the only one who thinks the Colossus is reminiscent of Skystrike Station?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I was hoping for one final stinger at the end, but oh well. Fun episode otherwise.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I honestly can’t believe how good this show has become. Completely shattered expectations. I’m almost as excited about Season 2 as I am for live action stuff (and I’m not a big cartoon guy).

I thought they were simply going to arrive at an abandoned D’Qar, which could have been eerie. But now, who knows? Maybe Batuu? The Unknown Regions? The Lando System? So much potential in this show.

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK about soaps, but that's a very common thing in anime, so it's actually not too out there considering the anime influence throughout this show. Either that or it's such a major moment that they simply decided to show it again to hammer the point home.

indydefense and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    This show is wild. That was one hell of a first season.

Fandalorian and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Waiting to watch live and have seen some posts, but oddly curious if any stormtroopers get shot by blasters (not stuns). I know Kaz shoots a TIE with a blaster, but does Yeager kill a few?

15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    This whole episode reminded me a lot of the Rebels. Very similar story structure, all the good guys having an impenetrable plot armour, giant flying space station, stormroopers being portrayed as completely incompetent and killed by the dozens, typical SW closing shot on our main crew, and Season 2 moving away from Lothal/Castilon...

The death of Major Vonreg was a surprise to me though. I expected him to be a recurring character in Season 2 as well, but I guess he'll be replaced by Tam as the FO elite pilot...

But the animation is really beautiful. Especially during dogfights.

How strong are the shields on the Colossus?!! After 20 years of being submerged, it can withstand a barrage from a top of the line FO Star Destroyer without any visible damage. Guess even the station has plot armour.

indydefense, Merric and V-2 like this.
  16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    That was a very fun and very silly episode!
    Criticisms:
    Water doesn't work quite like that.
    All the Stormtroopers must be suffering from middle ear infections today.
    All the windows and doors leading outside must be fitted with atmospheric forcefields as standard.
    The Colossus isn't as big as a single FO Star Destroyer. It was never going to refuel many of them at a time. Remind me why it was so strategically important?
    Kaz got over the shock of losing his planet pretty quickly (in fairness this seems to be a theme in Star Wars).
    Did I miss the episode where the pirates made friends with everyone?

Praise:
    Wholesome fun!
    The pheromone squid monster didn't save the day! Expectations positively subverted!
    I accept Dave Filoni's apology for the ST.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  17. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Whew...We were all worried!

Xael and V-2 like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You forgot to mention Tam joining the FO. Nothing like that ever happened in Rebels.

And the idea that a massive, hyper-advanced interstellar starship that can withstand all kinds of atmospheric and space conditions wouldn’t be able to withstand a couple decades under water? That’s a lot sillier than the opposite scenario, IMO.

teamhansolo likes this.
  19. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    Did the regular citizens of the Colossus get evacuated sometime before the end of the season? If not, they are all travelling via hyperspace along with the main characters, then?

Also, has anyone noticed a slight inconsistency between Hux's body postures between the series and the movie? In the movie, when Hux says "[...] the last day of the Republic!!", he starts motioning with his hand. We see Hux as he's saying this line in today's episode, but he is not seen doing the hand motions.

20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Saltwater is ridiculously corrosive, especially to spaceships and rocket engines (in the real world, at least). But we have to imagine that Colossus was designed to park in water semi-permanently, so it must be made of materials that don't react with saltwater externally. Oh and the electronics controlling internal doors and hatches appear to be water insulated too. Don't think about it for too long.

I agree Tam joining the FO is a great idea. Heroes on both sides. ;)

teamhansolo and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And...you just answered your own question. ;) It’s perfectly plausible! Especially if specifically designed to sit in saltwater.

That said, was it ever confirmed that the planet’s ocean is salty?

Re: Tam joining the FO, that does not at all reinforce the “heroes on both sides” thing. The FO are cut and dry villains. She’s making the wrong choice.

22. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    But she is one of our protagonists, and hopefully we'll get to see how the other side live. The ones who aren't just brainwashed, that is. Hopefully they don't just shout hateful orders all day.

It might be interesting (and instructive) to see how a good person can be motivated and manipulated to do bad, and what they can do to redeem themselves. It would be even more interesting to have her go all in and embrace the fascist death cult stuff, but how likely is that?

Oh, I accidentally thought about Colossus again... Another bit of dumb writing or sciencewronging... "We're still getting altitude. We can't jump until we clear the planet's gravity."
    *Colossus jumps while still in a cloud*

23. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Really good end to the season. The fight with the TIEs and the Colossus flying were the best animation in the series. Yeagar and Kaz were at their best too. I certainly have a few problems with the first season but overall it was enjoyable. Much better than I anticipated. Excited to see where season 2 goes.

Baron_Papanerd, Bor Mullet and V-2 like this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The new controversial debates are:

1. Was Castilon’s ocean salty or not?
    2. If so, was the Colossus designed to rest in salty water for long periods?

Discuss.

25. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    3. Was it... saltier than Crait? ;)