main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.21 - No Escape Part 2 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 1, 2019.
  1. 10

30.8%
  2. 9

35.9%
  3. 8

23.1%
  4. 7

5.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.6%
  1. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Another similarity to the end of Rebels:

A hyperspace jump to an unknown destination near the end of the episode

I wonder if season 2 will see them landing on another ocean planet.

The Colossus is similar to Atlantis from Stargate - large structure on the surface of an ocean planet, which is also a ship that can fly through hyperspace.

JH24, MrDarth0 and indydefense like this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I don't think anything is saltier than Crait.

indydefense likes this.
  3. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I mostly doubt it, but a small part of me feels like wherever they randomly hyperspace jump to is going to be where Ezra and Thrawn are stranded.

V-2 and chrcharcor2 like this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    This would be the only destination that would really make me care about Season 2.

We know that Leia calls for help in TLJ, and the Colossus is out there somewhere not responding so it has to go somewhere where transmissions can't reach otherwise why wouldn't they come to assist? It would really paint them in a bad light.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or they’re not able to jump for another reason...

Outsourced and zackm like this.
  6. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Or they're still in hyperspace.

7. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    Please no. I would no doubt love to see what becomes of the two, but I also really hope it doesn't take 30+ years to find them.

revan772 and Sandtrooper956 like this.
  8. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    True, no Tam in Rebels. Though we had few episodes where Ezra was being seduced by Maul before that whole thing was dropped. So lets wait and see for how long will Tam be with the FO. Perhaps she'll defect within an episode or two. And we did have Kallus in Rebels. He was sort of a Tam, just from the other side ;)

And I have no issues with Colossus being able to stay submerged for few decades. However the fact its shields are so powerful after not being used for two decades stretches believability for me bit too much.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Can't say I couldn't predict what Tam was going to do based on what happened in the last few episodes though it was still a great episode and the scene with Yeager and Kaz trying to convince Tam was very well done. I also liked that id did address Kaz's feelings to seeing his homeworld destroyed, I really wanted him to mention it to Tam though it will probably happen next season. It was also the episode where everybody is coming back for the final battle to save the day and I loved it. The backgrounds during the final battle were gorgeous, kudos to the staff. Of course, we have to continue the tradition of killing our original bad guys but I guess it made sense this time? The ending also makes sense considering what happened in TLJ, plus, they wouldn't be restrained by whatever happens in IX to tell new stories but also still referencing/teasing some events, especially after the movie comes out.

8/10

JH24 likes this.
  10. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Question 1:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes it was.

We don't have any actual data on exoplanetary ocean salinity yet as far as I know (I think we're waiting for a couple of next generation space telescopes before we're able to detect stuff like that, I'm not sure if the JWST even has that fine level of spectroscopic fidelity), but every watery world in our solar system has salty water. Even the water detected on Mars is salty. Potentially much of the water held in the Moon's regolith is in the form of hydrates (inorganic salts containing chemically bound water molecules).

We might just live in a salty solar system, but I think it's more likely that our conditions are not especially rare. The fact that we don't have an example of a freshwater ocean world in our solar system leads me to suspect that they must be pretty rare. I realise our sample size isn't ideal however.

Question 2:
    I've mostly watched this season in SD so I might have missed some details, but I don't recall seeing any barnacles, seaweed or the like attached to the hull of Colossus. This means one of three things:
    1: The animators could not be bothered with a detail that only I vaguely care about.
    2: Colossus has some kind of force field preventing physical contact (which would also explain away the lack of corrosion from saltwater) or is made of some kind of non-reactive and non-interacting material that plants and animals just cannot or do not touch for scifi reasons.
    3: Colossus has been meticulously cleaned and maintained internally and externally. We did see that weird gourd headed cleaner dude wiping floors, does he have an equivalent who works the outside of the station?

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "No Escape Part 2" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.​

12. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    8/10

- This didn't need to be a two parter. Lots of fat that could have been cut out.

- Good for not taking the easy way out with Tam.

- Apparently there were rumors that Kylo Ren would show up - glad that didn't happen. Hope the show's need to shoehorn in such explicit tie-ins is behind them now.

- Tam joining the FO is the best thing the show's got going now. That combined with Neeko getting his hyperspace programming lessons out of the "it's just like crop dusting" manual makes for a good dual hook into season 2. Still not convinced this show's premise has enough meat for a 4 season run but right now, there's gas in the tank..

V-2 likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would have been nice to see Kaz tell Tam about Hosnian but I understand why he didn't. It literally just happened so he hasn't had time to really let it sink in and I imagine he's still in complete shock about it. If he were thinking straight he probably would have mentioned it but I think at that moment he was doing all he could not to think about it. To focus solely on saving the Colossus.

They'll definitely meet again and I bet he'll mention it to her then.

Bor Mullet and indydefense like this.
  14. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Kaz probably assumes that Tam saw the events unfold just as he did.

indydefense likes this.
  15. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Last Jedi haters?.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    revan772, DarthRamRod and indydefense like this.
  16. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    More specifically, r/SaltierThanCrait. It's a subreddit pretty much dedicated to hating The Last Jedi and anything other new Star Wars media.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. Some really good high-flying action. Directly following the previous episode, I really wasn't buying Kaz' reaction to the Hoznian system being blown up. It just seemed kind of dry; ho-hum. I don't know, I feel like the scenes were strong emotions in this series leave much to be desired. But overall I was satisfied with the action sequences in this episode. The FO troops are as bad shots as the Empire stormtroopers were; but at this point who's even paying attention anymore? So I guess we wait until the Fall to find out exactly where the Colossus winds up after the hyperspace jump.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'll admit it was a little strange to have Kaz have the same reaction and questions/confirmation of Hosinan Prime happen again just mere seconds after the end of the last episode but that is more due to it being a two-parter and no recaps and an episodic format. I guess Tora asked Kaz to confirm what just happened. But the episode looked great and had a nice build, especially The Colossus' slow crawl to space, I honestly thought it would "flip" and fly like a Star Destroyer in the end but it looks like "upwards" is the direction it will remain in transit. Great action and Tam going off with the First Order definitely makes her character more interesting in Season 2. Also cool twist at the end that they could end up at D'Qar for the end of TFA, start of Last Jedi or (more likely) they end up somewhere else in space.

I thought maybe the troopers would survive as it looked like they were swimming but they had the fish monster straight up eat them so I guess not.

Were the lights on Kaz's gloves a new thing, already there, or only when his commlink was on? I started to get vaguely obsessed with it, hahahah.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  19. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Those lights on Kaz's gloves have been there since the very beginning.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    This is more than possible... Also they could get Ahsoka back in the conflict .

Fandalorian and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    No thank you. Don’t need her in this show as well.

Troy_Viszla and V-2 like this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh even I wouldn't necessarily want the Resistance characters to get involved with Ezra, Thrawn, Ahsoka, and Sabine; because that would probably mean the whole season would be focused on the rescue and stray too far away from the subject of the Resistance. I'd prefer the Ezra story to be told in an entirely separate venue.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    So I've watched the entire season, and they waited for the finale to live up to the shows name. I struggled through the bulk of the episodes, but actually enjoyed the finale, though it felt like too little - too late. I feel the build-up and character development, such as it was, wasn't fulfilling outside of maybe the Tam arc. Had they brought the series to Hosnian Prime, even briefly, it would have had a bigger impact for me. I was constantly longing for more Leia, Poe, etc...

V-2 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Showing Hosnian Prime in the flesh would've been interesting. It would actually put a face to those who died (similar to what might have been if we saw Alderaan on the big screen for more than the two minutes a the end of ROTS). We feel bad for Kaz just as we felt bad for Leia, but from a distance it's difficult to get a connection to the overall population of the planets. As far as longing for more Leia and Poe; I'd imagine the voice actors (especially Oscar Isaac's case) had other obligations and couldn't commit to the overall season.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    One of the Resistance writers/ creators hinted that they didn’t have the assets to do that. So it may have been a money thing.