main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 2.04 - Hunt on Celsor 3 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 26, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 4, 2019.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

11.1%
  4. 7

33.3%
  5. 6

27.8%
  6. 5

5.6%
  7. 4

5.6%
  8. 3

5.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

11.1%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.04!!
    Hunt on Celsor 3
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Episode reminds me of the Rebels episode "The Lost Commanders" where the clones are hunting for a Joopa.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    They’ve run out of food and water. I know it’s dangerous, but why not just go to a nearby inhabited planet to get food?

So, the pirates are going to hunt the air manta ray thing which is called a jakoosk apparently.

You know, I was expecting a few people to blame Kaz for the situation they’re in. Glad I was wrong!

“If we’re not careful, we could have a mutiny on our hands.”

Yeah, HOLDO!

I’m surprised Synara’s friendship with Kaz and Torra didn’t cause problems with Kragen.

You know, I’m kind of liking these pirates now better than Hondo.

Everyone’s giving up except for Kaz and Torra! They’ve figured out how to kill the jakoosk and are going back with a new cannon Tam left behind.

Wow! Kaz managed to kill the jakoosk! I’m so proud of him!

Hahaha! Synara made Drell and Snarl apologize to Kaz and Torra for stealing their ships. She’s like a mom. I shall call her Pirate Mom!

4. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Pure filler. You can skip this episode and not miss one beat of what's going on with the show.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Hunt on Celsor 3" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

6. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Could’ve been an episode of the Droids cartoon.

(That’s a good thing.)

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it a 5/10. I'll echo the sentiment of others in suggesting it was pure filler. They mentioned Tam's once in passing through the entire episode, right? Yeah, not memorable at all.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    5/10 It was a fun episode but didn't move the plot forward at all. It kind of seemed like a bottle episode where they used an existing environment and creature to save money. Anyway, I hope they don't have too many of these filler episodes. We don't have much time with these characters left. I want it all to count!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah it does seem like they made a bunch of animation assets from last week so decided to get another episode out of it. Still, Kaz was kind of awesome in this episode with his exasperation "They stole our ships! Who does that?!" and Neeku's ending putting "the sky" back was actually kind of heartfelt.

Buggles was kind of fun, though.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like filler episodes. Massively epic stuff can’t happen in every one. Nice to have a calm before what I’m suspecting will be a pretty epic storm.

11. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Although it was a filler episode I did enjoy it. My favorite part has to be the ending with Neeku and Kaz. Their scene was heartwarming and a nice way to end the episode.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It is filler...but something like this is what I would have liked to have seen in season 1...Kaz helping to provide food to the Colossus when they were short to build relationships with people.

Jedi Daniel and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    6/10

First weaker episode this season. Its not a bad one, but compared to the first three episodes this season so far, you could really see the difference that this is just a filler episode to slow down a bit.

Also, is the population of Colossus just going to eat only meat and nothing else for the next couple of weeks?

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    TV shows gotta fill sometimes. I dig that pace. It’s like baseball. Sit down, relax, have a hot dog, and watch Kaz hunt some space stingrays.

15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I want this show to just keep feeling like rejected missions from Rogue Squadron on N64 for the rest of the season.

Hell, last episode, someone said “let’s go home” while flying up and out of the atmosphere after beating the Manta Ray boss fight. And all that distance fog!

overall enjoyed this episode, it’s exciting without being some earth shattering event. And I like manta rays, so I didn’t mind having another episode based on it

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It thought it was ok, even if the plot wasn't groundbreaking. I had fun watching it. I also wouldn't consider it filler since it addressed food issues and people's frustrations with it and the leadership which reminded me of TLJ Resistance's plot in a way. Revisiting the same planet as last week's episode is not what I expected, especially in a 19 episode finale season, I expected more diversity but I won't complain if this is the only time this happens. Of course, there are still plenty of goofy moments, the pirates and the beginning were my favorite parts of the episode. Too bad there is no Tam/FO scene in this one.

Overall, an entertaining but kinda repetitive episode.
    6/10

whostheBossk likes this.