main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 2.06 - From Beneath - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 9, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 18, 2019.
  1. 10

6.7%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

6.7%
  4. 7

26.7%
  5. 6

26.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

13.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

13.3%
  10. 1

6.7%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.06!!
    From Beneath
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I’m always excited for each episode and watch live at 6pm, but I can already see streaming watchers complain this is filler again... None of these episodes have felt like filler. And if we take Rebels as an example, every episode mattered by the end.

RokurGepta likes this.
  3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

They should have just renamed this season Running On E since about 75% of it revolves around finding fuel of some sort. Pretty much the same episode as two weeks ago but swap fuel for food. Another waste of an episode. 2/10.

chrcharcor2 and MrDarth0 like this.
  4. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    ^Yeah, no kidding. And it doesn't help that Poe and Leia seemed to have forgotten all about Kaz and the Colossus.

Valuable asset, my ass!

Anyway...

So, apparently, there are dragons now. And according to Wookieepedia, there always has been. Hmm.

I liked how they hinted at Flix and Orka being husbands. The fans wanted representation, well, they kind of got it. :D

I’m looking forward to seeing how this is not a filler episode. They got fuel, but that’s all I can think of.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    This is the first season 2 episode I do call filler. Some of the prior episodes have had this complaint levied against them but from my pov, they were establishing the relationships and power plays between the various factions aboard the Collusus and if nothing else, they kept me amused for my 22 minutes. This one, on the other hand... your run of the mill greedy drillers vs. natural habitat screed - preachy and predictable from the start - and of course the miners are shown to be wrong and the episode ends with unconditional capitulation to their Resistance betters. This show's capable of better nuance than this, and has done so in the past.

4/10

CernStormrunner and indydefense like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There were Krayt dragon remains on Tatooine in ANH, and Obi-wan mimicked their call to scare away the Tuskens. We’re just talking about large reptilian creatures, though. Like Komodo dragons.

I thought this was a fun episode. And the mining awakening the beast plot was nicely reminiscent of the dwarves awakening the balrog in LOTR. They even used almost the
    same line about delving too greedily, and too deep. I bet this came from Filoni’s head. And those dragon creatures were a great design. One of the better creatures I’ve seen.

I think of this episode as the equivalent of the Han, Leia, Chewie and 3PO detour with the space slug in TESB. A huge chunk of that movie has no Empire/ Rebellion conflict in it. It’s a descent into the belly of the whale deal. And it was good to get away from the Colossus for a spell. Was getting claustrophobic up there.

The only complaint I have is: Does almost every ship landing nowadays need to be a crash landing? It strains credulity for these characters to be in hundreds of crashes and come out fine every time.

7/10

I don’t think there’s a need to bring real-world politics into it. This was an extreme case where they were doing “deep core” drilling into the heart of the planet, and stressing limits/ restrictions that they had traditionally placed on themselves. They were defying their own conservative heritage by ignoring the old stories. They weren’t defying a mandate from a government. In that context, if there is indeed a political message in there, it’s a conservative conservationist one, not a progressive environmental regulatory one.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    RokurGepta likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Politics....ugh, yeah I'd rather not.

8. JarJar4Eva

JarJar4Eva Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2005
    We’re roughly a third of way of the way through the season and the only things that have happened were that the Colossus got some food and fuel, had a few skirmishes with the First Order and that’s about it. I think that the pace will pick up in the second half of the season, but they could have used these early episodes to build for the later part of the season instead of going on supply runs.

9. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Felt exactly like Rebels Season 2 first half: The plot seems to be going nowhere. Made even worse since in Resistance things are supposed to be more urgent. I long for the day when Star Wars TV could feel more like sequential stories more often rather than collection of short stories. Hope The Mandalorian could fulfill this which as a modern live-action seems to be the case.

CernStormrunner and indydefense like this.
  10. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    The physics of this show pushes things even for Star Wars; I rolled my eyes when the elevator is falling, and Kaz tells Flix to jump. :rolleyes:

Blackhole E Snoke and zackm like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "From Beneath" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Got caught up with this after falling behind. So far I've mostly liked this season, probably better than most of season 1. This episode was.....fine. Not my favorite of this season for sure but entertaining enough I guess. I am ready for them to get on to actually being with the resistance or getting more from the Tam story line.

6/10

Outsourced likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    2/10 Not good. I was excited to see some more of Flix and Orka but this episode was just boring.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  14. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    This show is so dismal.

15. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I know many people didn't like this episode because it was filler but that's exactly what I loved about it. Being that we're only getting 2 seasons here I'll be rather fine if the episodes stay like this throughout the rest of the show. I like how Resistance is kept close to the characters at all times and not so much action. To me this is what rebels should have been. Since we are only getting 2 seasons, I feel like this kind of stuff, to spend time with the characters, is necessary.

They're no doubt saving the main plot/Tam stuff for the later half of the season which I can get.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. And it was more enjoyable than the ice monster hunting episode. It was almost all worth it just for those dragon creature designs. Though now I agree with others that it’s time to turn back to the bigger galactic political issues.

Mod EDIT: No need for personal remarks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2019
  17. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm not saying this often about an episode but this one was boring. I wouldn't say it was bad, just kind of there. The dragon design was well done, and I thought the voice acting in particular stood out in this episode.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Jeez. 4/10; and that's being generous. I'm really getting tired of these filler episodes. Oh, here's a new one, we'll have Kaz and the gang venture off on a new planet in search of fuel for the Colossus. Wow. The one saving grace for this would've been if that "dragon" that Flix was talking about turned out to be a long, lost Zillo Beast from TCW fame. Part of me was actually expecting that while Kaz and the gang were going down that elevator drop, but of course taht was wishful thinking.

Meanwhile...where's Tam and what has she been up to all this time?

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was enjoying it like the ice planet one because I am always okay with Star Wars cartoons are monster-centric. And hey Flix and Orka hollering and Tora yelling for Orka to actually move on his own instead of her having to carry him was kinda great.

jedi-soon and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I too am partial to giant monsters. And I found myself comparing this one to the Zillo beast 2fer as well.. even favorably, since there was no need to slay it/them at the end.

I've been wondering how they were going to handle the gay characters since Star Wars has never pushed overt sexuality of any kind in the storytelling. This drew a fine balance in that department that I appreciated, while still softly addressing real-world issues such a couple might face.

This is never going to be my favorite SW show, but tonight it felt like comfort food.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Just now catching up with Resistance. This episode is a 1/10. A massive waste of my favourite two characters in the show. Just boring filler with additional plot armour/physics fails. Kaz screaming in 20% of the episode did not help either. Please can someone tell me how the shuttle got down the mine??!
    This is the worst episode of SW:Resistance so far.

22. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Definitely a filler episode but the best filler episode in a long time. I'm a sucker for big monsters and loved the design of these dragons. I instantly compared it to the Zillo beast and certain scenes looked like homages to the T-Rex attack in Jurassic Park. However with that said, for a show that's finishing this season not much has happened so far in the overall plot :(

whostheBossk likes this.