main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 2.11 - Station to Station - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 14, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 23, 2019.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

38.5%
  3. 8

23.1%
  4. 7

23.1%
  5. 6

7.7%
  6. 5

7.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.11!!
    Station to Station
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Best supply run episode to date.

9/10

chrcharcor2 and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Those updated, white K2-style security droids looked so cool. The episode was worth it just for that.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    chrcharcor2 likes this.
  4. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I thought it was a good episode. It felt there was always something happening. It reminded me of "Through Imperial Eyes" from Rebels, especially with the ending of Agent Tierny mirroring Thrawn by planning to use Tam to get to the Colossus.

I liked the bit of symbolism with Tam and Rucklin. At this point I can't see things ending well for him. He has cut off his connections with the Colossus and doesn't care what happens to them. Tam on the other hand showed there's still hope left for her by helping Kaz and Neeku after finding out why they were here.

I couldn't help but smile at Kaz's voice impression during certain moments in the episode.

I like how Tam's change is happening gradually. She seems to have reached the point where she's regretting her choices and missing her life on the Colossus. Yet at the same time she has probably resigned herself to the idea there's no way back. I liked her "There goes your promotion, Commander" to Rucklin at the end. That line was delivered perfectly.

The ending scenes with Kaz and Neeku getting shot at trying to cross the hangar bay were surprisingly well done. It was nice to see General Hux as well.

Overall it felt like "Through Imperial Eyes" but in a different package, but that's not a bad thing.

whostheBossk, Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Did everyone here give up on the show right before it returned to the First Order plot?

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am done bashing...it is what it is. But it is only this season left so I will ride it out.

However...
    Where was Kaz hiding that sawed off shotgun of a blaster he carries??

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Easily one of my favorite episodes of Resistance.

It already started off on the right path the moment it showed Tam. It was a great choice to show the perspective from Tam's side; as opposed to getting into yet another the Colossus needs this episode with Kaz and company. Sure, that's what it appeared to be anyway if you only focused on Kaz and Neeku; but there was obviously a lot more going on. And of course General Hux on board was a nice surprise. That scene where Kaz clutches his fist in the elevator with Hux certainly spoke volumes. You know it was a good chance he was thinking back to the orders to destroy his home planet by Starkiller Base. Hopefully next week's episode is a continued arc from this one. I'm looking forward to it!

8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yeah this was a good episode. Resistance has done this before though, look like it is finally going somewhere only to once again be a false dawn. Let's see what happens next week.

Ahsoka's Tano and Snafu55 like this.
  9. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I guess if there has to be a supply run episode, this is the best kind. Cool seeing Hux as well.

Ahsoka's Tano and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    You sure you want the answer to that question buddy?

Chris0013 likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was okay. I feel like I probably would have liked it more if there hadn't already been 600,560 "we need to get this for the Colossus" episodes already. But I hope the ending means we're getting into the meat of the story finally.

Guidman likes this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I found this to be an amazing return to form for the show. Not perfect, but even the better episodes this season did not remind me as much of that feeling of focus that season 1 had. This did. Mark Henry had one heck of a first outing as writer for the series that's for sure

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    One thing I also liked in this episode was the lighting. For some reason the contrast and colors really stood out for me. The black and red of the interior of the FO shuttle looked amazing and there were some very nice backgrounds on the Titan. My favorite part was the generator room. The blue light/glow had a nice effect on Kaz/Neeku and the rest of the chamber. It was very well done IMHO.

I was surprised to see the FO hiring aliens for their workforce as well. I thought they were xenophobic but judging by how the troopers reacted it seems normal to them.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    For the sake of my mental well-being...let's keep it rhetorical.

Bor Mullet and vncredleader like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Station to Station" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I also love that the Collossus-style refueling station is widespread in the FO. It’s an incredibly cool design. One of the best capital ship-style designs in the Disney era.

Blobofat and JH24 like this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I gave this one an 8/10 as this was really fun to watch.
    If all the episodes were made like that, this show would have been a big success

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. Reviews above. Not an absolute perfect episode, but as close as I've seen for this series.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    It just hit me...it reminded me of that episode of DS9 where they went to the other Cardassian station to get parts.

Blobofat and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Woo-hoo! Last episode before TROS!

We start the episode off with Rucklin complaining about his job.

Hey, those cables look like the ones that were attached to the TIE Poe and Finn escaped in in TFA.

The Titan, huh? Do the First Order/Empire name their stations after giant mythological creatures to sound intimidating?

Wow, suddenly Kaz appeared in disguise and Tam immediately recognizes him!

Apparently, Kaz and Neeku are on a supply run again. Where did they get those technician outfits? And wow, they painted CB-23 like the Rebels painted Chopper! Sabine would either be really proud of them or have a coronary from their shoddy paint job.

General Hugs! And Kaz appears to recognize him from the holofeed of his TFA speech from weeks ago and for a few seconds. Guess my headcanon that Kaz has recurring nightmares of that cataclysm is true!

Hm. Kaz seemed to have his emotions in check until Hux said “destroyed”. What was he going to say? “Like you destroyed the Hosnian System? That was my home planet, you sleemo!” But he regained composure, and it’s a good thing he did, ‘cause Pyre showed up!

So, instead of rebuilding the FO and getting more ships and weapons, Supreme Leader Ren is dedicating the last year of his life (hopefully) to hunting down Sith artifacts and tracking down refueling stations. Meanwhile, his mother is rebuilding the Resistance and gaining new ships and weapons. I wonder who wins! [/sarcasm]

Wait, new intel? Does that mean there’s still a FO spy on the Colossus? It can’t be the pirates, since they denounced the FO. Maybe it’s Neena?

Are those K-2 units?!

Aww, Tam misses the Colossus!

Ukeen? LOL That’s Neeku, backwards! Not very creative, Kaz.

Dammit, Kaz, you should have shot Rucklin as soon as you saw him! He wasn’t armed!

Hah. Tam let Kaz and Neeku go and pointed the troopers in the wrong direction! Maybe there is some good in her after all.

Nice shooting, Kaz! You’re getting better at this!

They barely make it to the shuttle and out of the hangar! I kind of wish Kaz got a little retribution for Hosnian Prime, but, oh well.

“There goes your promotion, Commander.”

LOL He wouldn’t have been promoted to Commander, anyway. He’d be a Leiutenant at the very least. Pretty sure Rucklin is going to die by season’s end, but, it’d be cool if we got a discount Terex vs Poe in Rucklin and Kaz.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I think they predate the FO...The Colossus is the same type of ship/station and has been sitting on Castilon for a long time. And that may have been the naming convention the Empire used for them.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I give it a 6/10. Not the best but certainly not the worst. I really hope they build off of it instead of getting sidetracked again.

whostheBossk likes this.