main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 2.13 - Breakout - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 28, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 6, 2020.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

11.8%
  3. 8

41.2%
  4. 7

17.6%
  5. 6

11.8%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

5.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

11.8%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.13!!
    Breakout
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I legitimately really liked the last episode so I hope it continues

3. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Not that I'm complaining but XD streamed this without a single commercial today. Are even the advertisers abandoning ship? [face_laugh]

Even though this episode restored the status quo after last week's cliffhanger, the show managed to retain its newfound zip. I think pairing Kaz and Neeku for so many episodes was part of the problem. A buffoon interacting with a buffoon just isn't interesting. But in that last couple of episodes, Kaz was more fish out of water than out and out buffoon, with the Resistance spy counteracting as the more jaded skeptic. That works better and made for that mix of menace and bonkers that characterizes Star Wars. They should have gone for this dynamic from the start. Oh, and CB-23 is da boss tonight.

8/10

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Yeager, Synara, and CB-23 are okay, but they’ve been captured!

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” HE SAID IT!

Yikes! Yeager and Synara are being tortured! It’d be ironic, out-of-universe karma if it was Kaz and Synara instead, though. Christopher Sean (Kaz) once played a villain in Hawaii Five-0 who tortured a couple (while on their honeymoon, no less!). I know Kaz and Synara aren’t a couple, but Kaz does have a little crush on her. lol

Man, Norath is already getting a little irritated with Kaz for not thinking things through!

They’re disguising themselves as stormtroopers!

CB escaped! “Never underestimate a droid” indeed!

Whoo! That was a close escape!

Awww. Kaz doesn’t want to leave his found family.

Just one question though: what happened to Norath’s droid? Did the bounty hunter kill him? Did the FO get the information from CB?

Five more episodes left!

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Great episode.

But...where’s Tam? I was almost certain she would’ve showed up in this one.

@TheCloneWarsForever

Not sure if you somehow had an ad blocker on, but I counted six commercials during my viewing.

6. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    I was streaming through the set-top-box as in all the other weeks - no ad blockers. Weird. (If welcome...)

7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I had no commercials today as well...

And happy to see Kaz being shown as competent. To me...he should always have been portrayed as a character who would have fit in the old Rogue/Wraith Squadron books.

Hopeless likes this.
  8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    iCarly did a number on the attention spans of young kids

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It was a fine episode.
    Bummed that Tam was nowhere to be found; but at least she was mentioned during the important interrogation scene. I wonder if that Norath spy will be there for next episode or if he'll be gone back to the resistance. I wonder if we'll ever see Poe before the end of the series.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Three good eps in a row?? That built really well once again. Seems this show is finally finding its groove but a little too late sadly.

Jedi Daniel and Master_Rebado like this.
  11. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Not seen ep 13 yet but they did the kiddie stuff over and over with all the slapstick etc far too long for now anything they do to matter to me.

Iron_lord and Sproj like this.
  12. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    Not gonna look at the remaining episode descriptions but it's pretty obvious Poe and BB8 were Season 1 crutches to draw viewers in using movie characters while the show's own characters get established. There isn't a story need to bring them in now.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But the question remains; at what point in the timeframe of the movies will the series ultimately tie into?
    I couldn't tell if either the Colossus or at least the Aces with Kaz were among the thousands of Resistance ships that show up towards the end of the movie to take on the fleet of Star Destroyers.

14. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    I don't think the show needs to tie into TROS at all. After all, Rebels didn't "tie into" the OT other than a monologue reference to Endor. Wrapping up the Tam storyline is the only thing that this show needs to do, in my opinion.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Breakout" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 7. It was a fine episode, but I'd have preferred it to continue what's going on with Tam's story.

17. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Another good episode. Am I watching the right show? The show's at its best when it has the FO involved somehow. Hope the stretch continues for the final five. Could be totally off but my guess is something's going to give with Doza down the road.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yep too much buffunery killed this series for me.

TheMDOSS1313 and Master_Rebado like this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Interesting. In what way?

20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Given that it is done after this season I am riding it out. If it was open ended I would bail.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    The lighting and animation were extremely good this episode and it saddens me that this is the last season

I hope whatever comes next keeps this style, because it's really grown on me (mostly on account of having watched Tron: Uprising beforehand)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That I agree with 100%. Say what you will about the long string of fetch quest episodes, but you can't deny that this is visually the best Star Wars animation that we've gotten since the original Clone Wars limited series.

Vinylshadow and Sproj like this.
  23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I didn't mind Rebels animation, it seemed to get better in later seasons but yeah, original Clone Wars was Samurai Jack-esque.

Vinylshadow and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I like how Kaz was surprised the blaster was set on stun, which means he didn't even hesitate in shooting Pyre with the intent of killing him

Bor Mullet and chrcharcor2 like this.
  25. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm late to the party but these two episodes are probably among the best in this series so far. Really enjoyed it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Bor Mullet and Vinylshadow like this.