main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 2.16 - No Safe Place - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 11, 2020.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 20, 2020.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

38.9%
  3. 8

44.4%
  4. 7

5.6%
  5. 6

5.6%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

5.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked these two episodes because I thought it was a nifty crossover with Avatar to have the Na'vi show up.

I kid, I kid, mostly. But yah these were very zippy and had like actual stuff happen, although I do think the not-Na'vi just sorta randomly disappeared at the end of episode II there.

Great moment in the episode, the ace going "This place is so beautiful--AGGGHHH!!!" and then attacked by something.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Enjoyed it overall, 8/10. Two gripes from an otherwise exciting episode: 1) It was a bit cheesy to have the winged flying creatures match the speed of the TIE fighters, while the fish people were just standing on top of them like it's no big deal to travel at those speeds. 2) And what the heck happened with Synara? No goodbye hug? Kaz needs to slap himself to wake up, and ask to spend the rest of his life with this beautiful vampire rebel girl. No one will take better care of him than she will. I have spoken.

JH24 and ScorpioGirl like this.
  3. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    The scene with the fish people bothered me as well. I can somewhat accept the flying creatures matching the TIE's in speed but not the Aeosians standing on them or jumping of it.

Totally agree with you about Kaz and Synara.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, well, I think that part of the episode was channeling...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Last two episodes were pretty good. I think it's pretty clear now though that the climax of this show is just going to be the heroes rescuing Tam from the First Order. It's okay but that feels more like season finale victory than a series finale. This show was obviously cancelled. :(

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Who said the show was cancelled?

7. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Nobody's saying it officially, but the seasons are structured very similarly to Rebels which would make this the narrative halfway point. Three episodes left and the show is showing no signs of coming for a landing the way Rebels Season 4 did.

JH24 likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No one. But it seems that way to me. This doesn't feel like the build up to the series finale because it likely wasn't intended to be.

JH24 and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    No one is honestly saying it WASN'T cancelled.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s no doubt in my mind that it was cancelled. Shame. Visually, at least, it was inarguably the best of the animated shows. Hope some of the same artists land on the next one.

JH24 likes this.
  11. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I didn't want to think about it, but I agree that it really does feel the show was cancelled. You could make a pretty long list of all the stories that still needed to be told. It's a shame because, just as Bor Mullet said, this was a beautiful animated show, and a show that still had so much potential for at least one more season.

I'm hoping this series will have an epilogue like the one they did in Rebels. I'm curious what will happen to the main characters after this season.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  12. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Is it because the Ace’s ships are all modified for racing? Take out the hyperdrive to make room for some NOS canisters?
    [​IMG]
    This episode was fantastic, really nice battle at the end with some killer visuals. That shot of the Star Destroyer receding into the background as the Colossus jumps to lightspeed was choice

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.