main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 2.18-2.19 - The Escape (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 25, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 10, 2020.
  1. 10

10.7%
  2. 9

10.7%
  3. 8

17.9%
  4. 7

25.0%
  5. 6

21.4%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

7.1%
  1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Honestly wasn't a fan of the finale.I wanted a bigger end fight scene with Pyre and to actually meet up with the resistance.Seemed more like a season finale than a series finale.

2. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Yeah. In the premiere, Kaz got a hologram call from his father, who told him their family were off-world when the attack happened (awfully convenient), and that was it. We never heard from him or anyone in Kaz's family again.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Huh, though I saw the Season 2 premiere that moment kind of skipped my memory center.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I gave this a rewatch with the series hitting D+, divorced from the probably unfair weight of OMGAWD it's a Series Finale, it's a solid episode that has a lot of zip to it. And it's kind of fun to see the gaggle of losers and nerdowells on the Colossus actually stand up for something larger than themselves. And all the bad guys explode in the end. I even liked Kylo's vocal performance slightly more this time! "Do YOU?!" line sounded tres Angsty and judgy as Kylo can be.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This reminded me that I still gotta watch it

6. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    Does anyone know why Series 2 is unavailable on Disney+ in Australia? It's somewhat annoying that I can get the latest episodes of TCW, but not the second series of Resistance.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    local copyright issues probably, for example on D+ in Canada only S1 of Runways is available. Do you know where S2 of Resistance aired in Australia, the episodes might still be with that provider.

TIE Mechanic likes this.
  8. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    I wonder cancel make the show change the plot?
    Because Tam shouldn't deflect from the first order and aeveryone on the first order side is dead

9. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I think they cancelled it, too. If it wasn't, then I wonder if a new villain was going to be revealed (I vote Kaz's father!) at the end of the show, leading into a third season.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it was merely a stopgap series for until TCW S7 was ready. Maybe it would've gone further if Filoni wasn't sidetracked by his pal Favreau and The Mandalorian. They'll reveal a new animated series once TCW S7 finishes.

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It did feel that way to me as well.

Everything was nicely tied up way too quickly and easily.

12. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I just thought of something: wouldn't Ren just send another Star Destroyer to hunt down the Colossus?

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    they were busy with the whole conquering the entire free galaxy thing. The First Order was just a vanguard force for Plapy's Final Order.

I standby though with HOW AWESOME it would have been if the Palpatine reveal was in Resistance. Not the promotional material, not freaking FORTNITE. How about the actual Star Wars television show running concurrently with The Last Jedi. I don't think many people respect Resistance as essential Star Wars viewing like Rebels and The Clone Wars. The Palpatine reveal would have done that.
    But oh well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    All I know is that this show made the First Order/ Resistance/ NR conflict a lot more interesting.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If Resistance had gone another season or two they definitely would have had Palpatine's transmission of REVENGE in there somewhere. Hell I hope it comes back for a special movie just for that scene just to see Neeku's reaction.

StardustSoldier and Jamie1001 like this.
  16. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    Why Neeku's reaction?

Poor Doza, Venisa, Yeager, and Griff! They are going to be horrified!

whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.