main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL Restoration of the Grand Theater in Vienna

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rodan70, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Just thought I would post a heads up about the April 17 fundraiser for the Restoration of the Grand Theater in Vienna, Illinois. we have been asked to attend to draw a wide range of ages. This is a project that I feel very strongly about being involved with. My Grandad used to run the Grand back in it's glory days. I'll have more info on this in the days to come.

2. BobSolo

BobSolo Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    I have the day off work just let me know where to be and when to be there. Also what to do would be nice but that might be asking to much.

3. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    LOL! well, it's from 5:30 to 8pm. The Bob Solo Costume would be the one, unless you want to wear the Rocky Horror costume? Might be able to get martin to wear it, lol. Still wondering what you are wearing to Cape, too. LOL. You are good at keeping us guessing.

4. BobSolo

BobSolo Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    I said something about the event at work and one of the customers wanted some more information like the price. Is there a flier i could run copys of or any way I could get the info and make a flier myself to help promot the fundraiser?

5. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    I don't think I could go that far, but it sounds like an awsome event none the less! What kind of theater was it? An old movie theater? Or was it an actual theater?

6. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    It was on old movie theater. Seats around 300 people. we'll have flyers soon.

7. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Here's more info!

Where- Vienna High School Commons Area
    When- April 17 from 5:30 to 8 pm
    What's going on- Dinner, entertainment, promoting book by John Slack: "25 Years of Movies at the Grand Theater". We'll be there taking pictures and helping draw in a wide range of ages to get everyone envolved.
    Cost- Tickets for the public: $10 for adults and 3 for Children.
    I'll have flyers very soon to spread the word.

all of the money raised is going for the restoration of this historic theater. It will be a good time. I'll post more info as I get it.

8. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Ahh, that's cool! You know Centralia up here is also restoring the old movie theater here as well.

9. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Really? That's awesome! I love old theaters. It's a part of American history. We should totally check it out. If they have any fundraisers and want to get the entire town involved, we could occupy the kids, lol.

10. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    I think it's going to be an actual theater/ stage/ drama thing like that. So they actualy proboly wouldn't want anything like us there. [face_hypnotized] :p

11. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Either way, that's still good that they are restoring it.

12. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    True, but when the town is falling apart otherwise, I think the money could go to something more immediately needed. :oops:

13. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Thats usually how it goes. I mean, most small town squares or Buisness districts are dying and being tore down. Sad.

14. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Or they burn down...Like ours did today. [face_hypnotized] The fire took 4 commercial places, and 5 apartments. The only place worth saving on that block was an italian resturant, and as fate would have it, its the only place that survived. But yep, took evrything else on that city block. (I think they consider it a half a block.) I took some pictures, I'll upload them here tonight.

15. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    HOLY CRAP! that's really messed up? anyone hurt? It's a sad way for old historic buildings to end.

16. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    No one was hurt thankfully! I don't think down town had been that busy for years though! And alot of it was blocked off! [face_hypnotized]

17. BobSolo

BobSolo Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    What time are we supposed to be there to get ready?

18. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    I'll be there at 5 or earlier to get ready. I'm off work @ 3 pm

19. khristenkenobi

khristenkenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    The fundraiser went really well. There are pics up on the fanforce myspace page. www.myspace.com/sijediorder
    Our group has been invited back at the end of may to help with some more stuff for the theater. I'll fill you guys in on the details for that as soon as we get them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.