main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’ll admit that part of my reaction to this is “Maybe someone can show Bruno Heller it’s not really that difficult to make a quality Pre-Batman Gordon-based prequel...”

I like Gotham, but it was clearly written by people who could have taken a weekend to Wikipedia a bunch of plausible and high quality Gotham stuff before the show started, and instead just tried to wing it until they wound up with a funky “‘66 Batman by way of Burton” show.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, the real question is will they throw some cash at Robert for a few bat cameos?

This makes sense if you take it in the Year One direction as Gotham Central was when Batman was established as well as his villains. But Jim isn't there yet it seems. So kind of hard for GCPD to be there either. Having said that, we just went through this with Gotham so I'd rather not see another retread of "Commissioner Gordon Begins"

I'd like him to actually BE the Commish and see the other cops take the starring role- Jim should be the Jed Bartlet of this West Wing crew- given occasional focus and some appearances each episode but with plenty of material for the other cast to work with. Otherwise, we'll see another repeat of the Montoya/Allen debacle in Gotham Season 1.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Gotham was awesome. :p Once it began to embrace its insanity it was insane in the best way...

4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Oh, don’t get me wrong, the craziness *did* work great - and it’s the best Hugo Strange I’ve ever seen when BD Wong gets a hold of him.

...But that first season was flailing at times because of how Heller approached stuff, and as awesome as the crazy was, I still think it easily could have been elevated with a bit more forethought.

Yodaminch likes this.
  5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Agreed. The origins of Penguin and especially The Riddler were just *chef's kiss*

6. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I would also add that you couldn't do better than Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't think Robert Pattinson needs to be part of this Gotham Law & Order: SVU HBO Max series because they could simply put any action in the Batman suit. Don't really need to include Bruce Wayne in the story telling.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Looks like The Flash officially started production today.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wow! It's actually going into principal photography after like four directors later. Hopefully, Ezra Miller doesn't choke any one on set.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Not so sure I like the CW-esque take on the theme. If it's Ezra Miller playing the character, they should at least use Junkie XL's theme, such as like this:

I mean, it might create unrealistic expectations from the fans otherwise, that they might in fact see Grant Gustin there, when (as far as I know) he's not been announced.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    is junkie xl scoring the film? if not, why does it matter? unless, of course, you want to spam #snydercut one more time for no reason.

edit - never mind, i read through the comments of the tweet. appears that this is the newest hill for the snyder bots to die on. i guess junkie xl scoring a 10 second instagram post means zack snyder will be making more dc movies, lol.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Now we need one with the Danny Elfman Flash theme.

Just syncing them up between browser tabs works pretty well, though the CW-like one probably fits the visuals best.

Yodaminch likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks like the Snyder Cut is getting a disc release in May.

14. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, apart from the fan campaign, it just seems logical to use the theme that was actually created for this version of the character, and not recycle something that belongs to a TV show starring someone else. And this regardless of whether or not the composer is rehired. Just for consistency.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'll most likely wait until Black Friday to pick it up and add to my collection. Although, I'm wondering if this will be a smaller run of discs than usual since that it debuted on HBO Max. Additionally, I wonder if it will include the Black & White version, Justice is Gray on the disc. Not that I would watch it, as I haven't watched it since it's on HBO Max, but I like getting as much content for my money.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    But if almost no has seen the Snyder cut and the WB show is far, far, far more popular, that association makes perfect sense.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    With the announcement of The Flash, they also announced that Michael Keaton is officially confirmed to return as Batman.

I wonder if his little comments about not being able to film if it was delayed led WB to move a bit faster? Ironic if so.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I’m usually pretty big on character theme usage consistency myself but, correct me if I’m wrong (Junkie XL’s themes are incredibly unmemorable, so I don’t recall the specific instances where it’s used), but JXL’s Flash theme doesn’t exist in the DCEU, only the Snyder Cut, no?

In DCEU canon there’s only Elfman-JL, Elfman-Bats, Williams-Supes, Zimmer-Supes, Zimmer-WW,
    Zimmer-Bats & RGW-Aqua as far as main JL character themes go, IIRC. And, given that Ezra-Flash may have gotten his name from Grant-Flash, referencing the Neely-Flash theme would actually make more sense than using the non-canon JXL-Flash theme (which would really become the only Flash theme you shouldn’t be using in this scenario).

Additionally, even if I’m wrong and JXL-Flash theme cameoed in BVS, the RGW-Aqua theme did not, so there would be consistency/precedent in subsequently changing from the Luthor webpage cameo music to a different theme for an actual solo film.

19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I mean, it’s not saying much, but it would be an improvement over BV.S DOJ

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I disagree; I am in fact convinced that that is precisely the only title that isn't an improvement over Dawn of Justice. You could call it The Contrabulous Flabtraption of Hot Sex Madrigals (In My Pants): Resurrection and at least I'd think "Well, it's a unique label for a Superman movie, I guess."

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The combination of BVS, BVS using the "V" and not "vs", and DOJ always felt clunky to me. BVS on its own is straight forward and DOJ on its own is fine too, but together doesn't really work for me. Going with something more poetic like "Knight of Night" is preferable for me.

Perhaps "would be an improvement" is too strong a phrasing, though. "Son of Sun" isn't quite there and I do find the transition between SOS & KON to be a little clunky too. I think there is something to work off of in the general idea, though. It does need polish.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Someone please explain how that movie was the "Dawn of Justice" when they spent most of it trying to beat each other up until Lois stepped in. And then Wonder Woman basically saved them until Lois found the spear.

The Animated series called it World's Finest when they first met. That would have been an improvement.

24. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Batman v Superman is the laziest title of all time, but it also could never be anything but iconic, it's a shame someone demanded a sub.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I demanded a dom.