main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh I know about Morrison, his stuff is classic. Was just curious about the newer stuff as I haven’t kept up with comics the last couple years or so.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I hear you, the logistics for the last few years have been nuts, especially with the pandemic and DC undergoing some massive shakeups. Infinite Frontier seems promising so far (if very Batman heavy) but I've got at ton of gaps in between the end of the Rebirth branding and this current relaunch that I want to fill in and/or conclude that I have no interest in filling in. :p

Edit: This could be dramatically eased by, oh, I dunno, an actual DCUI worldwide rollout this summer. Fingers crossed I guess.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya that’s part of what’s kept me away. I was pretty info the New 52, then they relaunched again with Rebirth and that’s kinda when I stopped because I just got too confused. I have no idea what they are doing now as I’ve stopped trying to figure it out.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unfortunately I can't help there- the majority of my DC experience comes from the animated, TV and film sources. And though I dabble in some DC comic titles here and there (especially when I was running my comic shop long ago and had more time/access for/to them), I don't think I've ever followed a run or multi-volume series from DC.

The closest have been a few of the key Green Lantern arc trades (the background stuff leading up to Sinestro Corp War, primarily) and the semi-sequential, Nolan-inspiring trilogy of Year One, Long Halloween & Dark Victory. Oh, and some of the Before Watchmen event, if you count that (but I never finished that as there were just too many titles coming out at the same time and I lost track of it). But everything else that I've read has been mainly single arcs from different series and random issues spaced out across the 90's and 00's. I actually don't think I've even ever read an actual issue of Justice League, except maybe if it was a tie-in to a Crisis event (and, even then, I'm not certain).

I am relieved to know that the Snyder in question whose name has appeared on many books is someone other than Zack, however :).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd highly recommend Scott's Batman run, it's phenomenal. It's so good that I won't even say who the bad guys are.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I’ll look for it next time I circle around to DC.

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here we go again!

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    odd that a quick google and/or twitter search makes no reference to that news.

what is "the unix"

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    so after wasting an hour wading through the dredges of snyderdom, the source is a youtuber, "thefilmjunkee." "thefilmjunkee" claims wb gave reeves notes, which is a standard step of the filmmaking process.

that being said, nobody else has corroborated this rumor and you'll never believe what dystopia "thefilmjunkee" is obsessed with.

glad to be of service.

11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Re: Scott Snyder and Justice League

Best to start with Dark Nights: Metal, which flows from his Batman run. Then there's 5 trades / 3 OHCs (one not yet out) then Dark Nights: Death Metal.

There's a few other bits and pieces too and numerous event trades for both Dark Nights stories.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    filmjunkee has actually had reliable scoops, he broke the scoop of Darkseid being in the Snyder Cut years before it was released.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    what makes him reliable, outside of a few leaks specifically (and only) from snyder projects?

he sounds like a less popular grace randolph.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I don’t see the point in getting mad about the existence of studio notes, I think the only thing I’ve ever heard of that doesn’t get them on the regular is The Simpsons and that’s because James L. Brooks pulled rank at the absolute summit of his powers. If the movie comes out and then it blows ass and the director’s like “Well it totally didn’t blow ass but WB gave me a note requesting an ass blowing scene,” then sure, but until then? Eh.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    there's no honest objection, of course. this is a group of spammers who are throwing **** at the wall 24/7 to see if they call bully wb into getting their way again.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    My brain still says Darkseed to this day. Because Darkseid is not pronounced Dark Side. that's not how that word works!

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    [​IMG]

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, it's clearly supposed to be pronounced Darkzight with a rolled r.

Sarge likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No no no, back of the throat.

Ramza likes this.
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Nah, DARKSEID IS... from Steiermark.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Still bumming me out that Ava Duvernay's New Gods got canned. Darkseid Is the Coolest thing about the Snyder Cut (I'm still halfway convinced it was supposed to be Steppenwolf in the flashback like in the original version but years and $ later Snyder had the good sense to make the battle of the heroes about Darkseid). And then like a week later WB cans a whole movie about the big fella. Great job, there.

PymParticles and heels1785 like this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yeah, I agree. cgi was iffy at times, but I thought snyder did a pretty good job with him for the character's first live-action appearance. next director to take him on, whenever that is, will have something to work with.

Darkslayer and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It was probably one of the few times that Snyder actually was a good fit for the whole super menacing death god vibe. "We will use the old ways." for a character who doesn't even step foot on the planet and just glowers at the Justice League teasing sequel bait, it was remarkably effective. He had an interesting quote that the reason Steppenwolf was on 20,000 worlds enslavement duty was that Steppenwolf like hesitated for a second when Darkseid was ordering an execution which kinda makes sense.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is Al against the Snyderverse?

Then I am all for it.