main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Retro Collection

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by TsmHedorah, Apr 16, 2023.

1. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    Does anyone like the Retro Collection? I don't mean that in a rude way or anything. I personally love the Retro line, but I'm a bit behind on the Mando S1 and Kenobi waves and I still don't have any of the New Hope figures but I'm going to try and catch up soon. However, I was thinking a while back after Hasbro revealed the Return of the Jedi Retro figures, it would be really cool to get Retro figures from all the films. I especially would be very happy to buy Prequel and Sequel characters done in the classic Kenner style. I think it would be a really cool idea, would anyone else be interested?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. XandertheWise

XandertheWise Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2022
    actually Hasbro already done "retro" style for the prequel figures along with a few for original trilogy back in the Movie Heroes and Mission Series and little bit for Rebels Saga Legends

Mission Series/Rebels Saga L egends Jango Fett looks pretty good in my opinion

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ya those waves plus the original Prequel lines are pretty retro to me. Some of the Saga-AOTC, ROTS waves could use a retro line but the Mission Series as stated above covered a few.
    "Does anyone like the Retro Collection?"
    Heck ya!!! Love them all! And yes we do need some characters done in retro. I'm happy with whatever they release however many fans of the OT, including me, have been salvating for a retro Mon Mothma, Rebel Fleet troopers, Sandtroopers, Oola, Jabbas goons, etc. Hello Hasbro let's go!!

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    We are finally getting a retro style Mon Mothma!!!
    And a Yak Face !! Which was never released in the US back in 1985.

Plus the reveal of six TPM retro figures which look great. I feel like the original line in 1999 was pretty retro to the 80s figures already, but I'll still get them.

5. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Did anyone else love the ROTJ 6 pack from Hasbro Pulse or Disney?
    Also I received (finally) the Book of Boba Fett wave! These are fantastic as well. I heard you can get these at Gamestop but I have yet to see them there.
    I tell ya, Ollie's took me back to the good days with their full stock of Retro figures this holiday season!! It looked amazing on an end cap. I ended up getting a couple extra even though I already had the Mandalorian wave.
    After you all update on the two sets above, let me know your thoughts on the new TPM set. It's exclusive to Target and supposedly going to be on the shelves. I'll be keeping an eye or two out.

Happy Sando likes this.
  6. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    @whostheBossk I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the Retro Collection, but that set from The Phantom Menace has me tempted...!! :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    In the famous words by the Chancellor Palpatine..."do it"!!
    They do look great. And wait to we see the cardbacks oh man. March 19th I think is the release day.

Happy Sando likes this.
  8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Looks like we are getting AOTC/ROTS in one wave too down the line.

Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
    Clone Trooper Phase 2 (ROTS)
    General Grievous
    Mace Windu (ROTS)
    Padmé Amidala (AOTC)
    Jango Fett