main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Return of the Jedi (YJK AU, Z/J) ~ COMPLETED! Sequel Link up 01/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Mara_Jade_FSS

Mara_Jade_FSS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2003
    Barely ? just barely ? she could make out his sooty face, tight with pain. ?I told you,? he said through clenched teeth. ?Very few are ? protagonists in life. You?re not?backing out of it that easily ? Colonel Jaina Solo.?

Always the dramatic one! ;o ;)

Oh brother..some of this is complete mush for my (if it exists) brain because my SW knowledge has been dead for the longest time. *dies with it*

Onyx bristled, still wary of attack. It was not like Brakiss to give up this easily. "And what, pray tell, is that?"

Brakiss' pleasant façade dropped like a weight on Carida. "Destroy Jaina Solo."

:eek: CLIFFIE!!! LUCKILY..I'm a late slug and get to read it right away. :D

but i started CitR
    LOL..CitR is the UBC radio station. :p

In a swift, instinctive movement that barely even Onyx was aware of, Onyx/Zekk attacked.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXPLODED?!?!?!/1/1

It was very, very lucky that Jaina was the daughter of Han Solo.
    Also, the sarcasm? :p

?as the hilt of Brakiss' lightsaber contacted Jaina's skull with a resounding crack, and sent her tumbling against the far wall, where she crumpled?completely still.
    :eek::eek::eek:

Her eyes opened so slowly that he almost wondered if glue covered her irises. "Zekk?" she breathed, blood dribbling from her mouth, down her neck, her gaze erratic as it tried to find him. Her face was becoming increasingly pale as the Force came for her, as it had all the other Solo children.
    oh dear..

OMG!@$@#$*#@@#$@$#

Sanar started at the snap-hiss, but slumped back over Jaina's form just as quickly. Zekk ignored her.
    I kinda feel sorry for Sanar. :/

There wasn't a difference between Onyx and Zekk - at least, not enough.
    :X :X :X

YESS............i KNEW You couldn't kill her off. :D :D :D

When he didn't move, she scowled. "Oh honestly, get lost. You heroes are so damn annoying, you know that?"
    LMAO!!

POOR SANAR!! :(

OMG. THE EPILOGUE...SO GOOD. :eek: :eek: :eek:

*standing ovation*

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Always the dramatic one! ;o

i couldn't resist :p well, at least it's not as bad as Alex's death in la Cour ;)

Oh brother..some of this is complete mush for my (if it exists) brain because my SW knowledge has been dead for the longest time. *dies with it*

aw...poor y2 :( *hands her a rechargeable brain* and just in time for mid-terms :D ;) (i can't believe i'm saying that to someone my own age, even after all this time... :S)

CLIFFIE!!! LUCKILY..I'm a late slug and get to read it right away

you are a lucky bantha and a half :p

LOL..CitR is the UBC radio station

it is? [face_laugh]

Also, the sarcasm?

i'll never tell [face_mischief]

OMG!@$@#$*#@@#$@$#

oh dear....i think you've become immune to the pear soap :eek: :p *goes off to find another evil-tasting/smelling soap* here, use buckley's while you wait....

:p

I kinda feel sorry for Sanar.

she'd clock you if she heard that :p ...mostly cuz i tell her the same thing so much [face_mischief]

When he didn't move, she scowled. "Oh honestly, get lost. You heroes are so damn annoying, you know that?"
    LMAO!!

i am in love with that line [face_laugh] and i love sanar...she's so unbelievably jaded...not even alex can get away with saying something that cynical; she's too much of a hero herself 8-}

aw shucks [face_blush] *kicks the ground* thanks :D

and you finally caught up! :D

~TJF

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    i don't know why, but i felt like bumping this :p

bump^

:D

now that i've got that out of my system, i will rack up the spam on Mel's fic *halo*

~TJF

4. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    I've been doing a marathon read of this fic for about a week now and I must say that it is truly one of the best stories that I've had the pleasure to read here. You did a marvolous job and I can't wait to read the sequal!

Fireyforce

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    I've been doing a marathon read of this fic for about a week now

wow :eek: even *I* don't do that if i can help it... :p this sucker's long *sighs* but DAD will probably be longer, and CItR longer than that :p

*cough* anyway :D

and I must say that it is truly one of the best stories that I've had the pleasure to read here. You did a marvolous job and I can't wait to read the sequal!

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

~TJF

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    OH Force I missed doing this... My supreme appologies for my prolonged absence, My Supreme Goddess... TFN is an addictive durg, and cold turkey is all that works for me... HOW I MISSED THIS!!! TIME TO CATCH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry it's been so long... :_|

11/7: When her attempts to ignore the truth were unsuccessful, she sighed. Maybe I should have paid more attention to Kyp when he tried to teach me this mind-trick stuff? *snicker, snicker* yup, 'cause then, she probably would be able to mind-trick herself, as he is The God of All Mind-Tricking.

Perhaps you?ve seen me on the ?MISSING? columns, Jaina thought grouchily, fiddling with her collar (the one that had been forced on her). Or on the holo-net, the thousands of times that the paparazzi bombarded my family? On Onyx?s ?WANTED? posters? ?Maybe,? she replied instead. Teehee!!!! (yes, that is an enthusiastic giggle... it is possible to giggle enthusiastically, and if anything could ensipire it, Jaina's sarcasm could!)

?We don?t share the same mother,? Jaina lied smoothly. ?She doesn?t like me very much.? Compulsive lying. Must be genetic :D :p [face_love]

? ?There is no death, there is the Force,? ? she retorted darkly, crossing her arms over her chest.

?Maybe, but there?s also a kriffing lot of pain first,?
    Miko, you're so awesome :) :) :) :) :)

Whatever it takes? Oh, Miko ? if you only knew what that could mean? *eyes widen* oh sith...

(K_S's response to TUF: KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP AND JAINA!!!!!!!!!!)

11/12: he was feeling paranoid. Onyx, you're a sith... shouldn't you be used to paranoia by now???

He fought down a scowl. She was playing on his pride ? and her heart-flip-flopping grin wasn?t helping. I don't think I can grin any more broadly... I love these two SOOOOO much :D

"Do you always accuse before discovering the facts?"

"Hey," the Jedi retorted. "My dad?s Han Solo; what did you expect?" She glanced at Sanar. "You okay?"
    Teehee!!!!

"A fact you forget and remember when convenient, you sick jerk," ROTFLMAO!!!!!so funny and yet so wrong...

"I am not running off," Sanar interrupted.

"Well, your IQ just dropped fifty points in my book," Jaina muttered.
    losing the fifty points it gained a minute ago, huh... Jaina, you underestimate her more than Gran Moff Tarkin underestimated your mother...

YOU USED IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH AND IT FITS SO TOTALLY *jumps up and down*

Because that?s just the kind of big, bad Sith that I am. Live with it. I LOVE YOU ONYX/ZEKK, YOU CRAZY PERSON, AND SO DOES SHE!!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU LOVE HER, YOU'RE JUST BEING A GIT!!!!!!!!!! BUT SUCH A HILARIOUS GIT!!!!!!!!!!! That whole Onyx first person thing was corny, and yet amazingly good. I never thought I'd see those two sentiments in the same sentence... I loved it... it's so hilarious...

It was two hours before Judas returned to his room; already the sun was beginning to rise. When he arrived, he pulled out an oddly shaped com-link and whispered that the gift had been given. Then, he began packing.

It would not be long now.
    Miko's such a sweet-heart :p

11/15: Onyx was far from pleased to see the Chiss colonel there, and was fiddling with his lightsaber in a rather intimidating way. *hugs Onyx and is killed* I need to remember to stop doing that... but it's so fun... and He was intimidating Jag...

To his credit, Jag was the only person even a little calm. The b- um... idiot... always is *glares*

Unfortunately for the colonel, Jag?s uptight, forced calm was irritating to both Jaina and Sanar. :D :D :D

?And no one?s taping this; feel free to be human.? [sing-song] Jaaaina is aaawesome [/sing-song]

Future glimpses can really suck, she mentally snarled. The Force is so picky about what you see. Lol... I love you Sanar...

Kriff, I?m losing my touch.

7. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I LOVE YOU, GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST WRITER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for being around the longest (even before i started posting! ), using capitals and making me a "goddess", even i still don't quite agree with the term *sends e-hugs* You are the Goddess.

1. What was/were your favourite part(s), and why?
    cruel question. cruel cruel! I can't choose! No way! Okay, I'll give you a few of my favorites: the part where Onyx let Zekk have control for a little bit, the part where Kyp and Sanar met for the first tiem, and the part where Zekk realized he and Onyx were the same person... oh man... so uniquely awesome...

2. Your favourite character(s), and why?
    1) Kyp: He's Kyp. And I'm me... and you got him right.
    2) Sanar: she's so spiteful, angry, bitter, and hopeless, and yet so loving, sweet, and innocent. She's a walking, talking, breathing contradiction, and that is always a good thing. She's so real. And she's so strong.
    3) Onyx/Zekk: No such better pseudo-splitpersonality character has ever existed in the history of litature (that I know of), and I doubt it ever will. Goddess, if you don't grow up to be a world-renouned author, the world, in all seriousness, is missing out. (heh... me and making a serious comment... there's a first for everything)
    4) Jaina: She's so very... Jaina. No other word for it. She is the Jaina of the YJK, exactly as she would have changed in her new situation. I loved her then, I love her now...

3. What was/were your least favourite part(s), and why?
    That would be NONE. Because it's all superb. I only once remember not liking a part as much as the others, and it was like the 8th post ever, or something, so, effectively, NONE.

4. Your least favourite character(s), and why? (sensing a pattern here yet? good?then just imagine it's still here from now on )
    1) Brakiss: He's Brakiss.
    2) Jag: He's still Jag, and I managed not to hate him in this, but that doesn't save him from being 2nd least favorite, as I have no other least favorites. Love 'em all.

5. Something(s) I need to work on (ie: writing techniques, characters, mix of genres)
    Goddess... I have no idea how you could improve your writing, but if you did... I just can't imagine it.

6. Something(s) you'd like to see in the sequel, "Caught In the Rain"
    MORE K/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K/S K/S K/S K/S K/S K/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KS WANTS K/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. What was/were your favourite angst scene(s)?
    I CAN'T CHOOSE :_|

8. Your favourite romance scene(s)? (not many to pick from I know, but there were a few )
    That would be the sparring scene. Oh yeah. [face_devil]

9. Your favourite action scene(s)?
    The final Battle. [face_devil]

10. Your favourite sequence of events (ie: redemption, introduction, preparations for the attack)?
    Redemption. It's my thing :D

11. Your favourite type of scene(s) (ie: romance, Kyp & Sanar, angst, action, Jaina and Zekk)
    Kyp and Sanar, Jaina and Zekk, angst, Action. All. Yes, all of them :D

12. Who would you like to see show up in "Caught In the Rain" (feel free to hand in a long list ;))
    Note: OC's from my other fics - such as Tiran Lee-droy, Garik Klamath, Aarylia, members of the Klis family - are definitely on the options list ;)
    Problem is, everyone I want to see is dead... dead as a Jedi can be... :_|
    Well, I think Garik should show up, 'cause he's cool, and Han and Leia should, but I couldn't see how you could avoid that, even if you wanted to, Kyp and Sanar, oh! Anakin's and Tahiri's ghosts!!!!!!!!!! And Jacen's!!!!!!

13. What would you rate this story out of 10? Out of 100?
    300/10, (infinity symbol)/100

14. Would you rather I write out all of "Caught In the Rain" before posting (enabling quicker posts), or just writing as I go (meaning more time in between)?
    POST IT WHEN IT'S DONE! (I'm gonna be here on the weekends... [face_readdicted])

15. How many of you actually think Kyp/Sanar is even a far-far-future possibility, and how much do you want it?
    Note: this more of a RotJ

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *tackles KS in a hug* YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

...right?

(K_S's response to TUF: KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP AND JAINA!!!!!!!!!!)

really?? i haven't been able to read it yet :(

Teehee!!!!

you remind me of annie right now...... :p

YOU USED IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i *love* that song... :D

That whole Onyx first person thing was corny, and yet amazingly good. I never thought I'd see those two sentiments in the same sentence... I loved it... it's so hilarious...

i hated and loved that part, lol :p i agree, it was horribly corny, but then the idea (sith in love? yeah right) is partly to blame, so...

*hugs Onyx and is killed* I need to remember to stop doing that... but it's so fun...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

and He was intimidating Jag...

i knew you'd like that part :D

smuggler-turned-upright-citizen-sorta????

the first and last part cover han's opinion, and the middle stuff is what leia's imposing on him ;)

AND THAT MEANS PROBABLY SANAR'S MOM'S---ER---FRIEND WORKS FOR THE REBELLION!!!!!!!!!!!

y'know it's too bad, cuz i didn't even think of that...but i don't think she would have done it, unless she was being paid big money :p

never thought I'd say this... Please, please, please be wrong, Kyp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sorry, but i was under the impression that kyp is never wrong [face_devil]

TTTTTTTTTTTTJJJJJJJJJFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE EVEN GETTING US ANGST LOVERS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that *was* the plan... i don't know why you're all so shocked; i *told* you she would... [face_mischief]

YOU KILLED HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks at RotJ* *looks at KS* *looks back at RotJ* you know, i think i did....

GUILT TRIP GUILT TRIP GUILT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course :p

woah. Deep. *is awestruck*

thank you [face_blush]

New Rule #1: "Sanar is always right" New Rule #2: "Sanar is God" New Rule #3: "I [face_love] Sanar at least almost as much as I [face_love] Kyp"

[face_laugh] i'll let her know [face_mischief]

thank you :D

...why'd it have to end?????????

it didn't! not yet...the sequel's up....and i'm tempted to write a sequel to *that* (revolving around Kyp and Sanar :eek: [face_plain])

<------ will have no life when "Always" and "Phoenix" are done

~TJF

EDIT: you did the survey too, and while i was replying! I'll get to it soon...promise :D

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    first off, my reaction to your whole post: [face_blush]

*sends e-hugs* You are the Goddess

*returns hugs* yeah, yeah, whatever you say... :p

the part where Onyx let Zekk have control for a little bit

lol, in other words, the brainless mush? :p

the part where Kyp and Sanar met for the first tiem

[face_laugh] of course. never mind that she cursed him up, down and sideways...

and the part where Zekk realized he and Onyx were the same person... oh man... so uniquely awesome...

the aaaaaaaaaaaaangst....... [face_devil]

1) Kyp: He's Kyp. And I'm me... and you got him right

4) Jaina: She's so very... Jaina. No other word for it. She is the Jaina of the YJK, exactly as she would have changed in her new situation. I loved her then, I love her now...

yay! :D

2) Sanar: she's so spiteful, angry, bitter, and hopeless, and yet so loving, sweet, and innocent. She's a walking, talking, breathing contradiction, and that is always a good thing. She's so real. And she's so strong

[face_laugh] that sums it up....well, i'm glad she turned out alright :D

1) Brakiss: He's Brakiss.

okay, so that qualified as a "duh" question 8-} i think he made everyone's least favourite list....

2) Jag: He's still Jag, and I managed not to hate him in this, but that doesn't save him from being 2nd least favorite, as I have no other least favorites. Love 'em all.

i made you not hate him :eek: dear Alia what have i done! (*TJF original work moment...back away from the cursing... :p*)

Goddess... I have no idea how you could improve your writing, but if you did... I just can't imagine it.

aw....i'm gonna take that as a compliment and say, "that's so nice of you" [face_blush] :)

MORE K/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K/S K/S K/S K/S K/S K/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KS WANTS K/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*mumbles some spoilers out of KS' hearing*

That would be the sparring scene. Oh yeah

vhew....next to the epilogue, that was the easiest one to write :D

Redemption. It's my thing

good, cuz it's mine thing too, so it'll be around a lot :D

Well, I think Garik should show up, 'cause he's cool,

he'll be around :)

and Han and Leia should, but I couldn't see how you could avoid that, even if you wanted to,

unfortunately :p i have very little experience writing them, so we'll see how it works out...

Kyp and Sanar, oh! Anakin's and Tahiri's ghosts!!!!!!!!!! And Jacen's!!!!!!

hm...*plans a chat with her muse* generally my muse just goes ahead and writes these things, but i might be able to squeeze in my own ideas, before she ploughs on ahead without my knowledge ;)

The drowning thing was so frickin' awsome I couldn't figure out how to respond to it

[face_blush] *kicks ground shyly* i loved that part too.... :)

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

~TJF

10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    bump^

'ing for no aparent reason. Maybe it's because DAD's almost finished...

~TJF :)

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*races to the beginning*

ME WANTS TO RE-READ!! :D

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

12. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    This story will never die. It is the epitome of all that is great and good in the Z/J Universe. Thus, it cannot and will not die. :D *bows before it and Goddess*

13. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

:D Amen and amen. :D [face_love] :) *dreamy smile*

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    :eek: I didn't catch your guys' posts here -- what a lucky treat for me, when I was just skimming over it. Thanks, guys [face_blush] [face_blush] :D

~TJF

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I think I'll reread this fic too.

It's awesome.

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanks [face_blush] :D

Wow...this was completed over a *year* ago. boggles the mind.

~TJF

17. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    I've just started reading, but it's really good so far. As all of your stuff is. I also read your Rebuilding series under your other pen name trickster-jz, which was just as awesome. :)

I loved this line by Jaina: ?Could I tell her that you?re an idiot? Sure, don?t know why she wouldn?t already know but??

He he he. I know she was only joking, but it made me laugh. Love your style.

-Dathomiran

18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    I've just started reading, but it's really good so far. As all of your stuff is.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying this monster fic/trilogy, as well as my other things :)

I also read your Rebuilding series under your other pen name trickster-jz, which was just as awesome. happy

Rebuilding was a fun one--which may or may not be continued...may be, if I ever finish the last one, and start/finish a bridge between that and the previous ones.

I loved this line by Jaina: ?Could I tell her that you?re an idiot? Sure, don?t know why she wouldn?t already know but??

[face_laugh] J/K sarcasm; gotta love it [face_mischief]

Love your style.

thank you again :D

~TJF

19. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I've read this in the past but I think I forgot to tell what I thought about it.

I LOVE IT!!!! And you made the unthinkable happen... I actually liked your Jag. Wow, that was hard for me to admit.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Finished rereading.

Damn, but this is good.

21. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    <sees her old fic floating around at the top* *almost runs away screaming :p>

<...but can't resist reviews, even if they're for _this_ fic *feedback junkie*>

Bubbles: I LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks [face_blush] :D

And you made the unthinkable happen... I actually liked your Jag. Wow, that was hard for me to admit.

[face_laugh] It was hard for me to write :p But I can't write characters if I don't understand them, and I can't write *good* characters unless I like them at least a little. Thus...Jag *mind is boggled by her own writing of this character* gaaah... :p

Jon: Thanks [face_blush]

~TJF

22. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I finally got around to doing a marathon read of this fic, and I absolutely love it! :D The climax was amazing; I loved the "river of death" scene. The way you wrote Jaina was wonderful -- both humorous and heartwrenching. Loved the dialogue between Jaina and Jacen at the beginning, and the dialogue between Jaina and Kyp ... also, Sanar is awesome. :cool:

*rushes off to read CitR*

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    I finally got around to doing a marathon read of this fic, and I absolutely love it!

The climax was amazing; I loved the "river of death" scene.

[face_blush] That was my favourite part too :) And really light on the fantasy aspects compared to some of the stuff later on in "Always" :p

The way you wrote Jaina was wonderful -- both humorous and heartwrenching. Loved the dialogue between Jaina and Jacen at the beginning, and the dialogue between Jaina and Kyp ... also, Sanar is awesome.

Glad you think so :D Sanar is definitely going to be around :p

~TJF