main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Revamp of FFSG

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by CoOLv1rus, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    hey, I think I am considered almost next to nothing in this FFSG, as I am relatively new and not a very seasoned costume / organiser..

But recent events have spurred me to think if we should revamp FFSG.

We have loads of serious fans here in Singapore. And most of us are here at FFSG. So i say, we come out wihth a self funded group. With a official listing of fans, a website to promote our events and our own banner to rally at events.

Of course, its merely part of my daily day-dreaming....so i was wondering if any one wants ths to come a reality??

2. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Count me in on this! We can start off with one of those free Domain Names & free Forum sites... This should not be either a rival thingy to any existing forums or a replacement for this site... I was thinking of a site that focuses more on costuming and prop making, supplemented by regular shopping trips for materials or workshops...

Once we have a large enough membership, we can seek for sponsorship for an actual domain...

More views, please...

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Been down that road but the problem before is WHO is the one to provide us the skills to do the Website, Design the Logo and even help to pay for our own domain name etc etc. We also haven't had a proper FFSG Meetup in a long, long time since some of our members are either too busy or involved in other places.

So if ANYONE want to volunteer their service now, PLEASE DO! :D

4. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    i can try my best, to fork out what ever time i can to develop the webbie
    nothing TOO fancy. And I am just mediocre at such stuff, but with time, I am sure i could come out with something "not-tat-bad'

as for funds, I think it would be a good idea for a 'donations'. Anything from $1 to $10. One off or monthly. I would help..

We have a big fan base. And passion is never lacking. I was hoping I could use these and churn out something we could call ours.

5. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    good idea. i support it. but it is difficult to get someone to design the website and all.

unless someone volunteers (like coolvirus). we could get more volunteers and each will do his/her own design and we shall vote for the best.

6. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    I'm not too sure abt voting for designs, but I guess its good to come up with a few logos for ourselves and we go by votes..

any one?

7. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    I've started on the 2nd Death Star... Here's a preview... Register yourselves but don't post anything yet... We'll discuss further as a whole group...

http://swfanssg.proboards67.com/index.cgi

Once agreed, we can sign up for an appropriate free domain name and link it to this site...

8. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    and i'm working on a website and can link the site to the board

9. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow, you guyz sure work pretty fast! :p

Hope that we can all meet up after the SW Parade this Sunday, together with as many people from FFSG as possible, and see what else we can do to see this through.

DE, looks like we have some very willing and talented people here in FFSG now, who could help us to make all this a reality this time around... shall we hear them out and give them the opportunity to do their part as FFSG members?

10. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    nice!!

i'll drop a sample webbie for the new FFSG in a weeks time..stay tuned!

anyway,all those swarming with design ideas / slogans for our logo, pls pls pls email me at bleahhh@singnet.com

11. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    hey cool virus, i can give you images for the website.

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/assjedi/SEJA2.jpg]
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/assjedi/ffsg.jpg]
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/assjedi/jc.jpg]
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/assjedi/SEJA.jpg]
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/assjedi/SEJA1.jpg]

12. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    Forum with 18 discussion boards created... :D

http://swfanssg.proboards67.com/index.cgi

13. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    'Contributions' la... 'Donations' make us sound like some Home for the Aged... [face_hypnotized]

14. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    haha..we are just a bunch of poor fans...esp me...after pumping in for my jango...i have to wait till next yr before i start my elven warrior...

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    This is the Logo that was create by our Previous City Rep for the FanForce years ago when we start playing with the idea of have proper website, logos etc etc:

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/sgstarwars/Logo/ff_logoflare.jpg]

The forum look good so far since it's a trial one. But think for our actual one, we could use a different color scheme (ROTS inspired maybe? Or change according to seasons)

And I don't seems to see a Sub-Section for those who collects (bet some here do, do some collecting of SW Collectibles) and this Sub-Section can also include a Customization Thread or even Mini Section for it.

But since I'm not too familiar with ProBoards other than to use it but is there rooms for "upgrades" in term of increasing the no. of smilies or allowing members to upload photos or something? It's okay if there is a small annual fee to be paid IMHO; can always try to raise it like with some of those EzBoard Accounts. And can move certain threads around into their appropiate Section?

As for Website, any recommandation to what sections we should have and wherther you can contribute to it (especially if want to have a section showcasing his Collectible Display or Articles/Research Paper)?

I also highly recommand a few "moderators" hold the key to updating the website and members can submit their contributions to either of them (and busy moderator can forward it to the next one who's available to update the website). And we should try to avoid Flash for those whose PC don't have Flash installed.

And the most important thing: URL must be Child-Friendly! [face_laugh]

16. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    something REALLY basic...something that would probably be our website!?

http://www.voidesigns.com/FFSG/

17. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    hey nice!!

i like but i think it's too dark

18. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    persoanlly i feel it has too much imperial influence....but i think its just a rough sketch of things to come.. haha..

Black was a choice as its set in space...so...i dunnoe..any other inputs?

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Make the Links Bigger and maybe shift it to the Left Handside for easy sighting? And add on a link for Humor for those who want to contribute Cartoon, Jokes or Captionized Photos. ;)

And is the website using Frames (aka no change of URL in the bar above if going around the other pages through the front page)? For easy linking in our posts or else where, I think we should avoid frames. [face_thinking]

And I forget to mention, we can try to make the page size not set to specific size. Some people may be on a 800x600 screen so it may a little "troublesome" for them to see the website if it's set to 1024x768.

Colorwise, I'm more of a Sith so Black is always my choice. :p But to be different since most SW Website have Black Background, we can go for other dark colors to fit the current ROTS Mood. Maroon or Dark Blue is not bad or go for 2 colors for the background and another for the Font. The only critia we must lookout for is to make it easy to upload (so no fancy backgrounds). Or those who want to be Patriotic can go for a Dark Red Background and White Wordings. ;)

And anyone else want to contribute a design for the Top Banner: Forum or Website, and even Linking Banners (yes, I'm terrible at Photoshop and ideas, thus can't give much)

And don't forget the dear Disclaimer/Acknowledgement to dear Daddy Lucas and LFL. Think something along this line:

On a separate page
    "This website had been created "By Fans For Fans" and is for private, non-commercial viewing purposes.

All materials contained in the Site except where applicable, are the copyrighted property of Lucasfilm Ltd. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Lucasfilm Ltd. or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. STAR WARS, STARWARS.COM; STAR WARS: EPISODE ITHE PHANTOM MENACE; STAR WARS: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES; STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH; STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE; STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK; STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI; and all logos, characters, artwork, stories, information, names, and other elements associated thereto are the sole and exclusive property of Lucas. Any use of any of the materials on this Site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited."

At the Bottom of the Pages
    1. "Star Wars Singapore is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd or StarWars.Com or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors such as 20th Century Fox. Star Wars. all its images and trademarks are properties of Lucasfilm, Ltd. whenever applicable"

2. "All pictures, themes, and charactres are copyright © Lucasfilm, Ltd. or their creators. All original work is protected by intellectual property laws. No copyright infringement is intended - copyrighted images are being used for private, non-commercial viewing purposes. Site design, graphics, and content is copyright © FanForce Singapore."

3. "This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Twentieth Century Fox and is intented for entertainment and information purposes only.

The Official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com.

Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders.

All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of FanForce Singapore - unless otherwise indicated."

For those who got more ideas to contribute, bring a printout or sketch of your ideas tomolo too during out Meetup.

For our Website URL, some ideas:

http://www.singaporestarwars.sg/

http://www.sgstarwars.sg/

Somebody said can't use .com or .org etc etc unless we are a registered club.

Oh! FYI, the photobucket account of sgstarwars[/li

20. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    I think this is a great idea. Thanks Coolvirus for bringing it up. I definitely want to be part of this. Um, I've not much to offer, but if need be I can design stuff. We could start a small design team or something specially for FFSG.. Artists, copywriters, web designers...

But yeah... I'm gonna help out as much as I can, even if I can't make it for certain meetings...if it's ok that is.

21. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    Make the Links Bigger and maybe shift it to the Left Handside for easy sighting? And add on a link for Humor for those who want to contribute Cartoon, Jokes or Captionized Photos. ;)
    Thats a gd idea. Will be adding it in..

And is the website using Frames (aka no change of URL in the bar above if going around the other pages through the front page)? For easy linking in our posts or else where, I think we should avoid frames. [face_thinking]

Nope. I am not a fan of frames...thou in some instances its useful for updating.

And I forget to mention, we can try to make the page size not set to specific size. Some people may be on a 800x600 screen so it may a little "troublesome" for them to see the website if it's set to 1024x768.

As for using 800*600, i think its passe. Times have changed and thou there are still that handful that still uses 800*600 or built in graphic cards, i dare say MOST are already more then that. Besides, most people who will visit this, would probably be a star wars fan. And would probably be some kinda tech geek that has AT LEAST a 1024 *768 resolution. Besides, i'll be using something between 800*600 and 1024*768. So we can view more stuff but still save the few some agonny of scrolling too much.

Colorwise, I'm more of a Sith so Black is always my choice. :p But to be different since most SW Website have Black Background, we can go for other dark colors to fit the current ROTS Mood. Maroon or Dark Blue is not bad or go for 2 colors for the background and another for the Font. The only critia we must lookout for is to make it easy to upload (so no fancy backgrounds). Or those who want to be Patriotic can go for a Dark Red Background and White Wordings. ;)

I was thinking of the red/black theme too. But no worries, like said, what i have done is just prototype. It keeps comments (like urs) coming in.

And anyone else want to contribute a design for the Top Banner: Forum or Website, and even Linking Banners (yes, I'm terrible at Photoshop and ideas, thus can't give much)

Yeah. I'm just doing this coz i kinda like doing such stuff. But i sure do need help. so all those who have something, post it ehre or email me at bleahhh@singnet.com

And don't forget the dear Disclaimer/Acknowledgement to dear Daddy Lucas and LFL. Think something along this line:

Ah.. thnks for the reminder. I forgot.....
    For our Website URL, some ideas:

Somebody said can't use .com or .org etc etc unless we are a registered club.
    We still need a logo and name. Url name and more stuff. Think of them and remind me...

Oh! FYI, the photobucket account of sgstarwars is suppose to be our FanForce one and for our FanForce-related photos. But since it's still a free account, there is a limit in the photo size and capacity.
    The webbie will have enuff webspace to host our pwn pics. so stay tuned.

22. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    how about the our own jedi academy, SEJA?

and i'm not that good with PS but could be of help.

this thread should be call, revolution or uprising etc...

23. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    more design components added...

http://www.voidesigns.com/FFSG/

24. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    Will work on the colour scheme asap... We can actually choose a wallpaper for the forum background and change the font and table colours accordingly... Need to experiment a bit...

Good point about the collectibles... Will choose a planet for it...

Smilies can be increased... Will source for SW ones... As for photos, we'll still need to use the function for now...

I suggesting that we buy a site only when we have a strong enough active membership... or if we can get a sponsorship... whichever comes sooner...

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Sorry for posting this only now... but been crazy busy preparing for the SW Parade!

The details of the FFSG Meeting are as follows...

FFSG Meeting
    Date: 6 Nov 2005, Sunday
    Time: 4.00pm
    Place: Burger King (next to Borders)

Topics To Be Discussed

1) Some Quick Background Info on FFSG
    (especially for our newbies and those who don't already know - a bit about our history, our basic rules & regulations, our registration procedure for FFSG members, our previous activities)

2) Revamp of FFSG
    (our logo, our banner, our website, our forum, our moderators, our design team, our Jedi Council, our activities, member identification, FFSG t-shirt, etc...)

3) Any other business

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN US!!

Whether you are a new member, old member, yet-to-be member, or just a curious non-member who would like to know more about us and join our group, pls do come for this meeting and say hello to everyone else in the group.

We are a group that is run by Star Wars fans for Star Wars fans.

We are self-funded, and we exist for the purpose of bringing those who have a common love and interest in Star Wars together.

The only qualifying criteria is that you must love Star Wars! :)

How to spot us at BK??

Just look out for the table with a bunch of people carrying a lot of Star Wars-related things, including lightsabers... LOL! :p

Don't be shy, if you have never met any of us before, just come straight to the table, say hello, introduce yourself, and pretty soon, we'll all be friends... after all, that's how it all began for each and every one of us in the group... just ask anyone else sitting around the table! :)

See you soon!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.