main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Revenge of the Sith - Kevin Smith review up

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Did you think we would ever get here from 2002???

Most of this stuff will be official and not super-spoilerish, though. ;)

For our first:

Star Wars Official Site Insider Supplement #78

Pic #2 - :eek: :_|

I have a feeling there will be no cries of "wooden" acting of Hayden from fanboyz this time!!! God, look at his face! Not good, my friends....Not good.

Good thing I'm all hyped for Vader or I'd be bawling my eyes based on some of the stuff I know. [face_worried] Intense is not the word for this last prequel episode. This film is going to rock the geekworld for a long time.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, if it's in the Insider then I wouldn't consider it to be a spoiler.....but I don't see any pictures at that link. :confused: :_|

[EDIT] Oh wait....my POS PC finally decided to work..... [face_worried]

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    So, Traci....meet you under the seat at 2:05 hours....??

[face_worried] :_|

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Nortons Internet Security thinks this TFN page is trying to steal our PIN number or something.

I think I know what you're getting at with that pic, Rhonda. I still disagree with Lucas for even going there if that happens. It just makes me not even give a rat's tuckus if Anakin is redeemed or not. Considering my background, you can see where I'm coming from.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I guess we'll see. I think he could still be redeemable, but man, it makes Vader one bad merf. Wonder what the whole story is? How long until May??? It will be interesting how this or anything else happens because he appears REALLY upset in any picture like that you see, like Palpatine is really working a number on him. And why is she on a lava planet that far along in her pregnancy??? Brains is not something Padme has a lot of... :rolleyes:

6. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I know a fair amount of spoiler stuff, so can guess what this is even though I don't have Hyperspace.

SPOILER: Is it where Anakin uses the Force choke on Padme, Rhonda?

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Meh. That's been a rumor forever. I refuse to believe it. How the hell does Leia remember her mother if Padme dies before she is born? :rolleyes:

8. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    BIG SPOILERS:
    From what I've heard, Padme breaks a promise to Anakin not to tell Obi-Wan where he's gone, and then sneaks on board Obi-Wan's ship. Anakin sees it as the final betrayal by everyone except Palpatine, so he Force-chokes her and throws her aside, which starts the duel.
    Afterwards, Obi-Wan takes her onto the Tantive IV. The Force-choke and such has sent her into premature labour, and she gives birth to the twins. She has a few moments afterwards where she holds Leia before dying, which is presumably where the Leia memories come from in ROTJ.

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I guess that's feasible. I would've thought they'd gotten beyond women dying in childbirth in the GFFA, though. I can't imagine a Force choke would be the damning event if you can breathe well enough to have twins. <shrug> Scary thought, though.

Ah well. I swore I wouldn't read spoilers.

*backing away from the black bars*

[face_blush]

[face_laugh]

10. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    THIS JUST IN!!

From USA TODAY:

Star Wars Secrets, REVEALED!!
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2004-09-20-star-wars_x.htm

"What Star Wars fans didn't know at the time was that creator George Lucas had his own concerns about the cliffhanger ending."

Edit: This is all about the classic trilogy, though. Now, here's an article stating that Ep 3 will be the darkest of the series: A film clip, actually:

javascript:eek:penAudioLife('http://real.usatoday-na-central.speedera.net/ramgen/real.usatoday-na-central/LucasB092004.ra')

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Description of the new ROTS trailer

Hyperspace members should be getting it real soon.

**People unspoiled for trailers beware............

The first half of trailer consists of ... (begin spoilers - highlight to read) a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.
    This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

We've been told that all of the music is edited from previous Episodes, featuring Darth Vader's Theme prominently. We're pumped about this, but have to admit this is quite a surprise to see this key moment this early in marketing. LFL sure is confident about this one- that's a good sign!

And Ben, The actual spoiler was initially that Padme is between Anakin and Obi-Wan, he thinks that she's brought Obi with her, and uses the force to move her aside, but he's furious at this point and it results in the force choke. Fanboys and girls on 3SA twisted the original rumor from Darth-Friday until it was what you have, but it could be either way. She does die from her injuries of childbirth according to them, though. Unless, George throws a curveball...

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Woot!! Can't wait to see it. :D

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    [image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/e3banner.jpg]

Badass Vader silhouette. :cool:

Who's your daddy? [face_mischief]

An of course Ani is looking deliciously evil....

[face_mischief]

14. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    That is the sweetest tease poster........better than the episode 1 tease banner

15. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Someone mentioned on another board that he looks like Dark Helmet in that poster. And they're right, he does! [face_laugh]

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm sure it's from the poor picture quality, but you do have a point there, Ben. Can't wait to see the detailed poster. He looks all badass!

17. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    He's got a Darth Helmet alright. [face_mischief]

Probably a fanboy who didn't have one tried to point that out... especially if it was in 3SA. [face_laugh]

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You're probably right, Rhonda. Another case of Helmet Envy.

19. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Which is the picture from the beginning of this thread? The link takes me to a page with a bunch of links--they are now mostly of Mayhew in the chewie suit (looks too fat to be a young chewie).

20. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Apparently that poster Rhonda posted is fake.

Among other things, the background is of the Death Star 'chasm' set (Take a look here - you can even see that the doorway and ceiling cylinders that Luke and Leia swing from are behind Anakin), and the image of Anakin is from a Hyperspace picture!

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah, Photoshop.... You've made the internet a little harder to swallow.

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    It's Teaser Trailer Day!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Sitting here waiting...refreshing the exclusive video page on Hyperspace...

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    It's not fair

Within the last 5 minutes, people at 3SA have seen the trailer on AOL and are *wetting themselves* it's so good, but it's still not on Hyperspace!!! We PAY for Hyperspace and AOL folks get it for free FIRST!!

:eek: :mad: :_|

24. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    I'm sitting online waiting for someone to put up a downloadable version on another site. ;)

25. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm gonna wait 'til tomorrow--rather see it on the big screen first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.