main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Revenge Of The Sith ranking opinion?.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Qui-Gon Gin, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    My favorite Star Wars film!!

I remember when I was 8 and saw it in theaters, I was absolutely blown away. Still to this day, the feeling has not changed on bit. This movie was the most emotionally gripping film I have ever seen. Seeing the choices Anikan makes and how it leads to his eventual undoing was just unbelievable. Order 66, Padmes Ruminations, etc. it had so many absolutely incredible scenes in it.

After the trailer for TLJ came out, I honestly thought that 8 was going to the the movie that finally passed ROTS as my favorite Star Wars movie. That trailer was absolutely insane, and I am a big fan of TLJ! But after spending a day thinking, ultimately ROTS still stands in a league of its own. It is just a masterpiece of a film IMO. When I do a marathon of all the films, I still get the same gut wrenching feeling watching how everything unfolds.

2. Darth Skippy

Darth Skippy Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2018
    Best of the prequels. Important addition to saga. I've thought that if someone wanted to watch SW for the first time, u could skip Ep 1 & 2 and start w 3. I don't think anyone would be too lost following it. The saga revolves around Anakin, and ROTS shows all sides of Anakin, his struggles, his heroism, his fears and hopes, and his ultimate descent into darkness. It's a human story, and u wouldn't need Ep 1 & 2 to explain it.

3. Darth Skippy

Darth Skippy Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2018
    Her regression is understandable, but it wasn't set up correctly. Throughout the prequels and the Clone Wars, she is presented as one way. Then in Ep.3, she went from this really strong willed character to going the complete other way, just giving up, with barely a beat in-between. Love ROTS, I generally like the prequels, but how Padme was presented and handled was not good, in the end. There should have been a slope for her to go down, not a very steep cliff, to make it more believable.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. Alpha Spook

Alpha Spook Jedi Padawan

Jun 27, 2018
    I think all of the prequels are worthy entries despite their more technical flaws. As for ROTS it's my favorite barely over ESB. It's the most emotional for me with the tragic love story mirroring the fall of the republic I genuinely feel for Anakin and Padme, and it's the best SW movie imo that deals with moral grey areas regarding how the Jedi council were just going to kill Palpatine and assume power over the republic, even if they were justified. It also adds depth to the OT and makes ROTJ even more emotional and rewarding.

5. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Definitely one of my favourite Star Wars films. All of the prequels have an important place in the saga, but RotS has a special place. RotS told the story that I had been imagining since Luke got some surprising news about his father on Bespin.

The action is superb from start to finish. The opening space battle and stunning duels still have me glued to the screen. The story is, ultimately, a well-told tragedy. The fall of Skywalker and the loss of everything dear to him was riddled with pathos. For me, this added layers of depth to the original trilogy, especially to Vader's ultimate redemption in RotJ.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  6. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I would say it was the best of the prequels. It is my second favorite of the saga (after ESB) and it was the film that started my obsession with Star Wars.

7. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Definitely my favorite Star Wars film and has been ever since I saw it for the first time! I think it is probably the most well produced Star Wars movie to date -- the effects, the cinematography, the score, the story, etc. I think that it may have been the only one in the series where on screen it looked how George Lucas imagined it in his head. The level of creativity on display is amazing. The only other movie that makes me wish against all odds that what's about to happen won't (I worded that horribly. Hopefully some of you get what I mean) is Titanic.

I have doubts that it will ever be surpassed by any future Star Wars movie but I don't like saying that it for sure won't. Just not likely. George's story truly went out with a bang in 2005!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Best of the prequels. And in my top tier with TESB and TLJ.

9. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Probably better than the other two, but the duel is so bad that I can't watch it anymore.

10. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Its my favorite movie of the saga.

Christus Regnet likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Best movie ever made.

christophero30 likes this.
  12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    It's the best prequal for a reason and one those reasons being John Williams haunting score.

Listening to Anakin's Betrayel for example always reminds the emotions I had when I first saw the last part of the film in theaters.

Grievousdude and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    "You turned her against me!" Just heartbreaking.

Darkslayer and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  14. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I think I have ranked it best of the prequels. Not only is it an amazing, tragic movie in itself, but it gives every other Star Wars movie (excluding Solo ;)) so much more meaning, especially Vader's turn in RotJ.

christophero30 likes this.
  15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I just wrote the same thing in the viewing order forum. That's funny. [face_laugh]

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  16. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    I cannot see how you have come to this conclusion when the likes of Luke, Han, Chewie the Resistance and the Millenium Falcon are still completely central to the events unfolding in the ST!

17. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    I guess that's ....at least 50% true.

18. mfastx

mfastx Jedi Knight star 1

May 2, 2015
    The Resistance does not have its origins in the OT, and I did not say the characters are not important. I said the events, there's a difference.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    You mention the Resistance doesn't have it's origins in the OT but I was under the impression that the Resistance was the natural successor to the Rebel Alliance.

According to Wookiepedia: "The origins of the Resistance, took inspiration from the Alliance" (the Alliance being formed 2 BBY).

For me the events in TFA, TLJ, RO and Solo are all very heavily influenced by the Original Trilogy and not so much by the Prequel Trilogy IMHO.

I guess I just agree with @Darth Chuck Norris when he says:
    Maybe we just have to agree to disagree on this one, although I apologise if I've misinterpreted any of your comments.

20. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I got the chills just listening to that and thinking of Order 66. Really shows how powerful the film and it's score is.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  21. mfastx

mfastx Jedi Knight star 1

May 2, 2015
    The Resistance is supposed to be an entirely new organization but basically serves the same role as the rebel alliance in the OT. If the events that happened in the OT mattered, there would be no need for any sort of resistance. It's obvious they wanted the same rebel vs. empire dynamic and bent over backwards to create a story line to accommodate that in the ST.

The films themselves are certainly heavily influenced by the OT and much less so the PT. TFA seemed like it was basically created by a sophisticated automated program took everything people loved about the OT and assembled it into one movie. I think we are generally in agreement but just discussing it from different angles. The OT itself heavily influenced the ST obviously, but the actual things that happen (Luke and Han's character arcs, the rebels defeating the empire, etc.) are all thrown aside and undone in short order in the ST.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  22. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Yep - watching the films all in time-line order really makes the ending scenes in ROTJ that much more impactful once you've watched ROTS.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion here but after A New Hope, my personal #1, Id say Revenge of the Sith is my 2nd favorite and beats out Empire for that coveted #2 slot. Its that good and important in the series.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  23. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Revenge of the Sith has it all-action, emotion, score, scenery, and story. It is in my humble opinion the best star wars movie-its action packed, the score is marvelous, the story compelling and tragic, and the characters both interesting and investable.

24. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    It’s fine. ROTS and AOTC are my least favorite of the saga. For those of you that say it’s the best of the saga I have a question—Would you call yourselves established SW fans by the time the PT came out? I think my problem with ROTS was that it missed the mark for my expectations. If I’d never had expectations, or if it had existed my entire life, I might have a different opinion of this movie.

25. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    It's on the same levels as the other prequels. Some cool action scenes but nothing else. And I can rewatch those scenes on Youtube, so no need to watch the entire movies.