main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

SNG REVIEW: HASBRO's Episode II Figures

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    JaZzYjaZZ - It is for kids. :p

lukedecop - The Basic Lightsaber is $19.90, the Electronic Lightsaber is $69.90. Yes, I'm going as a Jedi, so I got the lightsabre...otherwise I would have waited for a sale. :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the poster is out of stock at Takashimaya. The salesman said it would be re-stocked, but he didn't say when...I only got mine because he was rather nice. :p It's not the movie or teaser poster, it's sort of like a poster/chart of some of the figurines.

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    For the new Electronic Lightsabre, you can unscrew and remove the blade, right? My QJG one can, Maul's Blades are screwed in but my Old Vader ones can't. :(

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    What's the significance of doing that?

4. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    DE - Nope...you can twist the top of the hilt open to change the light bulb if need be, but the blade can't be removed...at least for mine (OWK). Don't know about Anakin or Dooku.

JaZzYjaZZ - Unscrew the blade and put it in your bag, then hook the hilt to the belt. When you want to use the sabre, take the blade out and screw it back on. :p

5. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow you guys are creative! :D

6. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Another way could be carying two light sabers one the 19.90 one to hook on to your belt and the electronic one purely for combat.
    Toysrus tampines also ran out of stock for the product posters and i cant believe Metro still doesnt have episode II toys, but they r having a sale there now. Spider man going for 12.90 less 20%.

7. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah...but should I spend another $20... :(

We'd need somewhere to put the 'combat' sabre in, though, and a Jedi looks kinda awkward with a haversack... :p

8. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    well u could ask your friend who's not in costume to carry for u the bag

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Poor friend. :p

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Someone bring along one of those medium size handpull trolley bag and we can dump all our stuffs inside. :p

May I can . . . . :eek:

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I've just put in batteries for the electronic sabre...is it supposed to sound so 'hoarse'? [face_plain]

12. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I uh, have decided to only buy two figures this time... er, yes... two. Yoda and Dookie.

If anyone can help me... I'd be very grateful... I will reward you when I am King.
    Yes... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku...

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Normal or Deluxe . . . . Normal or Deluxe . . .

14. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    I don't want that 'Force Flip' crap... I just want the 'action figure' ones.

... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku...Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku... Yoda and Dooku...

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm also looking for Yoda and Dooku...don't have both :(

16. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey Guys, Comic Asylum at Hereen r selling the Jango Fett (final battle), Mace Windu (Arena one), Darth Vader and Luke and the coolest of all i think is Chew-wee with C-3PO. They r selling it individualy about 25.90 i think. I checked with Action city, they say that that wave should be coming in soon.

P/S: Jango's final battle figure will make heads roll if u know what i mean. :)

17. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    http://www.theforce.net/collecting/

here's Chew-weee with C3PO in cloud city.

18. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, I got the Luke, vader, Han, Chewie, Mace, Obi-Wan (pilot) and Jango Final from Hourstore last Sun for only $17.90 per peice!

Please support Hourstore! I've been their loyal customers since 1997... and they're the BEST!

PS: I dun work for them!

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Comic Asylum is at Hereen?? I thought it was at Lucky Plaza and Orchard MRT?

Aiyah, Bobafett81, support all the good collector's shop (ActionCity/Hourster, Falcon Hanger, Ultimate Toys etc), lah! Each of them got their own credits. ;) Anyway, I heard that scapler shop at Pacific Plaza had been closed down as he gone bankrupt (anyone who want to pay $80 for the TPM Anakin Can when you can get it for US$5 on eBay?). Last heard, he's operating from SGH! :p

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah I didn't like the shop at Pacific Plaza, I remember he was selling Adi Gallia for S$150 in 1999. Real crazy

Luke and DE - Alaric's Comics is at Heeren, not Comic Asylum. I'm not sure where Comic Asylum is though.. :D

Hmm..I've never been to Hourstor because it's not really accessible to me. Anyway right now I don't have money to spare to buy that many figures..sigh :(

21. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    ya sorry guys its Alaric's Comics not asylum got it mix up.

22. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    [link=http://www.bleechonline.net/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=122&mode=&order=0&thold=0]Read this article, please. It's related to Star Wars and collecting[/link]
    It's also written by me! :D

heh heh.

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Has anyone seen the new Darth Maul Unleashed(Maul jumping into a ring of fire, about 6" tall)? I only want to get this figure (think standard price is SGD45), maybe next week. ;)

Any sightings of Royal Guard lately?

24. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Come down to Clark Quay this Sunday at 10am... VIRUS COLLECTIBLES is selling the Unleashed Maul for $40! Also got Jango and Boba!

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks, Bobafett81! :) I'll try to drop by Clark Quay before 10am (if I can wake up earlier :p ). What time the shuttle bus from City Hall MRT to Clark Quay starts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.