main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviving Old Threads?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by SegNerd, Nov 25, 2015.

1. SegNerd

SegNerd Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm new here, but I have a lot of ideas about things that other people have previously discussed at length.

Normally, it's bad netiquette to revive threads that are months or years old, but it is also bad netiquette to post a new topic for something that has been discussed before.

Does this mean I should just not post these ideas at all? Is it ever okay to revive old threads, or is there any other option?

(I'm talking about new ideas for old topics - my intent is not to just post stuff that has already been said a million times.)

Thank you. And if this question has itself been asked before, then I meta-apologize. :)

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Different boards have different policies on old threads - for example, in Community you're expected to use a pre-existing unlocked thread if one exists. In the RPF we prefer that you not bump old, inactive games. When in doubt, just PM the appropriate moderator and ask what they'd prefer you to do.

jcgoble3 and SegNerd like this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Also, around these parts we call it "necro-posting."

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For instance in the TV section even if the threads a year old its better to revive it then make a new one.