main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 17, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Welcome Nintendo Fans to the Reggie-lution!

This thread is for general discussion of the Wii console- preorders, impressions, game recommendations, questions, etc.

The Wii launch dates are as follows:

North America: November 19th
    Japan: December 2nd
    Australia & New Zealand: December 7th
    Europe: December 8th

[b]Important links:[/b]
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/25726609/]Wii Codes List Thread[/link] (Games forumers post your Wii Codes here for online interaction).
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/23959204/]Essential Gamecube titles[/link] (missed out on the great titles for the Gamecube? Here are the titles reccomended by others to check out with your backwards-compatible Wii).
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/19670159]The Next-Gen Trilogy[/link] ("console wars" discussion and comparison belongs in this thread)
    -[link=http://wii.com/]The Official Wii website.[/link]
    -[link=http://www.wiiaredeep.com/deep.html]List of non-shovelware Wii Titles[/link]

And remember, do as Reggie says. Obey the Fils-Aime.

[image=http://www.reveries.com/reverb/kids_marketing/fils-aime/images/names.jpg] [image=http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drf000/f011/f0112168nms.jpg] [image=http://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/11/reggieT.jpg]

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    First post.

I can't wait to wave my Wii all around.

3. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Well I do think Nintendo Wii has the potential to become the top console worldwide by the end of the console war, although it will be very close this time.
    The way the console works is gonna be a revelation in gaming and will prove to be far better than anything before where pushing buttons is the way to play games. I am loving the opportunity to use the controller like a gun in Metroid and Red Steel, and swinging it like a sword in Zelda and Red Steel.
    We will be totally immersed in the games and I cannot see myself getting tired, although when drunk or hyper I might go a bit mad with the controls and mimic Obi-Wan v Darth Maul or something :p

I do not think the weaker graphics are a problem either. I love the graphics on Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube and the upcoming early Wii games such as Red Steel and Rayman. I do not see the need for 360 and PS3 standard graphics as I feel they are best left to a PC.
    The graphics on the Wii will be perfect to me and despite looking as superb as 360 and PS3, the Wii will look amazing and with the new way to play games, the Wii will prove to be the best console. Especially with the low price. Compare that to the PS3 and Nintendo will be in business.

The games I'm looking forward to are Zelda, Red Steel and Excitetruck from the earlier games, with Mario, Sonic, Metroid and Pokemon from the later games.
    I have already placed my deposit (£20 in England) for the Wii and will be out there on Friday 8th December to get my hands on this truly unique games console.

4. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question whats better?

Red Steel
    Zelda
    Call of duty 3

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
  6. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS ZELDA

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Duh. Even I know that.

8. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Some zelda images.... couldn't find any gameplay pics
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/E3_link_art.jpg]
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/TPLinkMasterSword.jpg]

9. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I heard there was a controversy over whether Link was going to be left- or right-handed in this new game.

10. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    they should fix it so he can juggle his sword and sheild around

(you'd have to juggle the numchuck though)

11. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004

That's a very hard one.
    My order is like this:

1 Zelda
    2 Red Steel
    3 Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty has just never interested to me, but no 1st person shooters ever interested me on old consoles. The Wii is gonna change that though as using the controller to point like a gun will be great fun.

Number 1 has to be Zelda. Although it is essentially a Gamecube title but has been reworked while Red Steel is a Wii game through and through but the fact is, Twilight Princess is a ZELDA game. I love the Zelda games and while I've always enjoyed the handheld Zeldas slightly more than console Zeldas, this one I've loved since seeing the first screenshots in summer 2005. It has the perfect graphics that I've been waiting for since playing Ocarina of Time and looks to be the best game I've played ever.

Red Steel looks really good and using 2 swords at once in a realistic manner that only the WiiRemote and Nunchuk can provide over old control pads as well as using a gun and being able to turn the gun to its side, along with all the other bits the game has to offer such as breathtaking graphics and a very interesting storyline, is my 2nd choice behind Zelda, but only by a little bit.

I will be buying both games (Zelda and Red Steel) immediately with my Wii but Zelda has to be my favourite.

12. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005

so zelda comes first got it

Has anyone preordered if so what you preorder with it ect

I prordered :
    Wii
    Red Steel
    Zelda
    Call of duty 3

where i am noone seems to have even noticed about preorders on games

13. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    In England, Game (Electronics Boutiques) don't seem concerned about pre-orders for games. Just the console.
    I pre-ordered my £179.99 Wii which comes with the controller (nunchuk and WiiRemote) and the usual leads bu putting a £20 deposit down.

No games though. I'll just buy Zelda and Red Steel when I get there. I'm really hoping they do a midnight open too :)

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    It drives me crazy when people say they're going to get the game when it comes out, but they don't reserve it. :p If you're going to get it, you might as well, right?

15. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I only reserve if I get a cool present with it.

Speaking of which, what all comes with the Castlevania Portrait of Ruin preorder?

16. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Do you have a Eplay near you, their the best by far

i checked the date and prices at:
    Game:easter 2007 £500
    gamestation: No idea £200
    Eplay: December 8th £180

17. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Unless it's a big name thing that might sell out, I've never seen the point. It'll be there anyway, right? Why bother going to the store twice when you only need to once?

18. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    To support your local Game Stop? Seriously, it helps the employee and the store so much if you reserve the games you're looking forward to.

Soontir, I don't know what comes with the pre-order yet.

19. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    WHAT ARE YOU GOOD FOR OTHER THEN DISSAPOINTMENTS AND WOE

I hope Super Metroid is avaible at launch

STOP PIMPING YOUR STORE UNLESS THE SAID PIMPING INVOLVES TOYS OR ART BOOKS OF SOME MANNER

Kid Icarus too. I really want to play that again.

THESE ARE THE REASONS MY EYES TWITCH.

20. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    We can't talk about what else I'm good for here. [face_whistling]

21. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm going to cancel my preorder for Gears of War, in order to help lower the amount of time I need to save up for a Wii. Though its not going to be enough to get it at launch. Yes GOW looks amazing, but I must have Twilight Princess!

22. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    Nope but there is an ePlay in Milton Keynes I've been to loads. Usually go there when I go home(ish) from uni as I live in Lincoln now.

23. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I love the Wii. So many great games coming out for it, it's just awesome.

I have Zelda and Marvel: Ultimate Aliance pre-ordered as well as the Wii itself. I can't wait to play WiiSports; even if it is just an introduction to the controller. I don't know why but I see the PS3 going the way of the Gamecube in terms of launch.

Anyway, I will have all the money I need come Nov. 19th. I can't wait!

24. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I actually have Red Steel and Zelda reserved... but no Wii reserved... call me crazy.

25. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I pre-ordered by Nintendo Wii a few months back now, in a deal which will secure me a console plus a free title of my choosing from the launch list. Saves me a good $100 on the day, which will no doubt go towards something else anyway :p

I'm looking forward to Zelda for sure, but Trauma Centre: Second Opinion will also have my attention on the day.