main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends REVOLUTION (NJO: Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron, Alema Rar, Others) Completed 9/24/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Trigger_loves_swbabe

Trigger_loves_swbabe Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2003
    That is some very good work, Y. Kenobi. You must enjoy it very much to input detail such as this. I enjoy this work you have done, keep it coming. I will comtinue to read work of yours.

Eylan M.

PS-read some of my stuff people! I'm new and need input.

end transmission
    source unknown

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    thanks Trigger, I haven't seen your story in awhile.

3. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    That was some nice action, Yoda. :) Looks like Alema is in trouble....though I wouldn;t shed a tear if she kicked the bucket. ;) Good post.

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Let Alema die!? NO WAY! they've already killed off the other 3 twi'lek jedi in the NJO.

Thanks for reading jedi_of_destiny. very much appreciated ;)

5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 14

A cold shiver shot up High Priest Jakan's spine as he, once again, entered the Supreme Overlord's court room having made little progress in determining the source of the shamed ones' heresy. He had no doubt why he had been summoned by Shimrra himself; Jakan was certain that this would be the last room he would enter alive.

Jakan's investigators had not been able to come up with a speck of information about the shaper Nen Yim. He did not trust her, and that she had Lord Shimrra's ear filled the priest with anxiety.

He approached the Supreme Overlord's throne determined not to show his fear, and saying a silent prayer to Yun-Yuuzhan. Could Shimrra tell how afraid he really was?

"High Priest Jakan has entered the room,
    Each gingerly step brings him closer to doom,
    The yargh'un pit’s an inviting trap,
    And will soon be filled with priest scraps."

Onimi sputtered and punctuated his "joke" with a maniacal laugh that echoed through the court. The fact that Shimrra did not silence Onimi's pun immediately made Jakan even more nervous.

"Silence Onimi," Shimrra ordered, repressing his smirk.

Jakan dropped to a knee and gave a low bow at the foot of the stairs leading to Shimrra's throne. "You wish to speak with me, Dread One?" He managed to ask.

"Yes," Shimrra's voice was even more powerful than Jakan had remembered. "Rise, Jakan," he commanded.

Jakan complied and waited for Shimrra to speak again.

"How goes your search for the heretics?" He asked. "How goes your search for Yu'shaa?"

Quick and to the point. Jakan had expected no less from the Supreme Overlord. His time was valuable and he would not waste pleasantries on one he would surely send to the yaragh'un pit soon.

"I am ashamed to report that it does not go well," Jakan admitted. The high priest was so racked with fear that he was only vaguely aware of his own speaking. "I have many leads on heretics, but the search for Yu'shaa has yielded nothing. He is always a step ahead of us."

Shimrra's expression was unreadable. "Yes," he said," and what do you suggest be done to rectify that problem, priest?" It was a loaded question if Jakan had ever heard one. Each answer that jumped to mind seemed filled with multiple pit falls that would only end in his death.

"I do not have an answer Lord Shimrra," he said, but decided to quickly qualify his answer when the expression of Shimrra's face told him that was the worst possible response. "We have come close several times, but this Yu'shaa moves from place to place. I believe he is bound to slip up eventually. I have spies watching suspected heretics, and in time, they will lead us to him I need only time, great on--"

"Silence!" Shimrra shouted. "If you intend to beg for your life Jakan, save it. You will not die today."

Relief filled the High Priest, but he thought he must make Shimrra certain of one thing. "No true Yuuzhan Vong would beg for their life, Lord Shimrra. Death is to be embraced, and when my time comes, that is what I shall do," he said.

Omni began to laugh, before Shimrra silenced him with a gesture and nodded at the truth of Jakan's response.

"Your progress displeases me, but it matters little. Plans are now finalized to end the Jeedai heresy before it spreads further," the Overlord's Maa'it implants gleamed.

"You speak of Yuusung Saa?" Jakan asked.

The more he thought of the Supreme Overlord's plan to use Anakin Solo against the heresy, the less he liked it. There were far to many things that could go wrong and make the heresy stronger.

"Yes," Shimrra confirmed. "He has completed a task of great importance and proved his loyalty to the Yuuzhan Vong."

"He has proved much more useful than you, Jakan," Onimi sneered, then laughed again.

"Onimi," Shimrra said, silencing the Shamed jester.

"Now that he has shown he is loyal to the true way, Yuusung Saa will show the shamed ones his new dedication."

"What can I do to assist you, Great One?" Jakan asked. He had no idea why Shimrra had planned, but the idea of ridding the shamed ones of their heresy was exciting. Shimrra seemed confident enough; perhaps his own apprehension was unfounded.

"I wish only that you provide an audience, high priest," Shimrra started. "Round up some of the shamed ones, especially those who you suspect to be heretics. They will be brought to see Yuusung Saa, and he will convert them. They will spread the word and effectively end the heresy while stripping this 'Yu'shaa' of any power over them."

Jakan nodded. "Consider it done Supreme Overlord Shimrra."

"I will contact you again when it is time for the ceremony," Shimrra decreed. "Go, make your preparations. Shimrra paused, "and Jakan... Do not fail me."

No response was required, and none was given. Jakan gave a low bow and set off at a steady pace to complete his task, that with any luck, would destroy the Jeedai heresy once and for all.

6. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Excellent post. This is getting VERY interesting, YodaKenobi.

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thanks Whitey.

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    More coming today. Hopefully two chapters, but I'm not sure.

If anyone who is reading this would like to recieve PM's when the story is updated, just reply or send me a PM.

9. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Everyone, get your lazy arses over here! He posted, people! 8-}

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I appreciate the enthusiasm Whitey, but I feel the need to point out that if anyone reads your post, they're already "over here" :p

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 15

Sweat stung Alema Rar's eyes as she struggled to keep pace with her three companions. Her leg wasn't broken, but the bone was bruised and had swelling from her right ankle to knee. The crash had also yielded a nasty bruise on her forehead and the fatigue of being on the run for many hours was beginning to slow her down.

Kyp Durron had done what he could with the force to help heal her, but it was not his area of expertise. He had managed to lessen the pain somewhat, as did the painkillers they had in the emergency kits, but they were also making her increasingly tired. If they did not stop running soon, she would probably die, but that wasn't possible.

They had been steadily chased by coralskippers since she crashed. The group had barely had enough time to remove their survival equipment from the X-Wings before the skips had begun to fire plasma at them from the sky, destroying the fighters.

Ombi'taer did have trees and greenery to provide enough oxygen for the planet, but not enough to provide sufficient cover from above. Other than that, the planet was a wasteland. While on the run they had discussed venturing into the mountains but had decided that Alema was in no shape to make the journey.

With every step, whether on mud or rock, a pain shot through Alema's leg that felt like it might burst. It was as though her leg had been cut and was only another step away from snapping in two at all times-- which probably wasn't far from the truth.

Wrev must have been sensing her pain. "Kyp, we have to find a place for Alema to rest, I don't think she's going to last much longer without a healing trance," he said.

Alema mind was swimming in too much pain and pain killers to argue.

"I know," Kyp said, keeping his cool. "If you have any ideas don't be shy about it."

They waited under a few trees to scan the sky for another skip but didn't see one. Alema rested her hands and weight on her left leg, trying to catch her breath.

"Let's head over that hill," Kyp said," I think we're close to the city known as Cal'taer. With any luck we'll be able to find a place to rest and maybe a ship to get off this rock."

"Or a working comm system," Tesar said. The group knew they had to send a message to Sien Sovv as soon as possible.

"Right," Kyp agreed.

The Jedi eyed the hill Kyp had mentioned. There was nothing in the way of cover on it at all; no trees and the grass was calf length at best. Once they went for it, they would be completely exposed.

"Ready?" Kyp asked and looked at the other Jedi. They all nodded and Kyp's gaze lingered on Alema for a second longer, clearly worried about her health. “Let’s go,” he said, and Jedi ran with the aide of the force to increase their speed.

The exertion and force use exhausted Alema immediately and she began to try and reenergize herself while they continued to run. She marveled at Kyp Durron's mastery of the force, using it to propel himself up the hill at an incredible speed while helping her at the same time. She knew she would never be as strong in the force as Kyp, no one alive was, but she hoped that she would one day have his control level.

The wind blew against her, forcing her lekku into a dance and making it more difficult to run. Alema glanced over her shoulder to check for skips but saw none. Perhaps they were finally having some luck fall their way.

As they came over the horizon, Alema saw more skips than she had ever seen at once. Maybe more than all the coralskippers she had seen combined. Luckily, they were being grown in a massive field rather than full-grown flying killers. It was the first physical change they had seen on Ombi'taer since they're arrival. Thousands of Plinths were planted in the now black sand, which had streams running around and through it.

"Wow," said Wrev. "That's a lot of skips."

Everyone ignored his platitude and stared in awe at the rolling field. Alema had seen holos of coralskipper farms before, but this was much more impressive. Thousands, maybe millions, of the ships were sprouting from the ground. How amazing that the planet has never been able to produce valuable crops but the Yuuzhan Vong have been able to grow whole starfighters!

"Let's head down there," Kyp said, "Those things are tall enough to give us some cover for awhile."

The group continued to run down the hill until they reached the coralskippers. The stalks were nearly two meters tall and were covered in green foliage and purple red vines.

They stepped in and traveled only a few meters into the field before dropping to the ground to rest. Alema's body screamed with relief, as she was finally able to get her weight off her injured leg.

"What do you think, Tesar? You want to scout ahead, see what you smell?" Kyp asked.

Tesar nodded and crept farther into the plants. The Barabel never seemed to tire from that type of job; Alema remembered that on Myrkr, he was always taking point and was instrumental in finding the voxyn queen.

Wrev knelt over Alema, gently slid her right pant leg up, and peeled her bacta bandage away to inspect her wound.

"This looks awful, Alema," he said. She could hear in his voice that he was tired too.

He changed the dressing on her leg and did the same to her forehead. Alema liked having his face that close to hers as he gently rubbed some bacta above her left eye and applied a fresh bandage.

Wrev had been a good friend to Alema and her sister, Numa, when they were involved in the resistance movement on New Plympto, helping when he could and fighting along side them more than once. She also found him quite attractive.

Kyp approached Alema and tried to use the force to do some healing again, but didn't make much progress, though he was able to lessen the pain.

"Thank you both. I'm sorry to hold everything up...I'm sorry I crashed. This is all my fault," Alema's voice cracked as her normally cold eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry, you should have left me and jumped to hyperspace," She sobbed.

Wrev placed a hand on her shoulder and looked in her eyes,"we would never leave you Alema, and I know you would do the same for us."

"Wrev is right," Kyp said," you can't blame yourself for this."

Before anymore could be said Tesar emerged from the thick vines and stalks.

"This one found many Yuuzhan Vong in the field, some non-Vong slaves as well," he said.

"Not a surprise really," Kyp said with a sigh." Alema, can you continue?"

She nodded.

"Once we get to Cal'taer, we'll find some place to put you in a healing trance," Kyp paused. "Until then you're going to have to hold on."

"Best to get moving now," Tesar added.

The four Jedi got up and started trudging through the field. Not being able to sense the Yuuzhan Vong in the force made it possible for them to sneak up on Jedi and Alema hated losing that power. Normally in the outdoors you might be able to sense them by searching for blank spots in the force, but in a field of Yuuzhan Vong skips, everything felt like nothing. Seeing how dead this world is it probably doesn't matter whether we're in this field or not, Alema thought.

They continued on for another hour when Tesar stopped suddenly and tasted the air with a flick of his tongue. He put his claw up to his lips to signal silence then lowered himself to the ground and crawled deeper into the plants.

The three remaining Jedi waited, completely silent. With little wildlife, the only sound they heard was the wind rustling the plants.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Wrev said.

Then a Yuuzhan Vong warrior burst through the stalks swinging his amphistaff down at Wrev. The Jedi rolled away as the weapon crashed into the dirt.

Before he could lift his amphistaff from the ground the snap-hiss of a lightsaber was heard from behind and a beam exploded through the warrior's stomach. When the warrior fell to the ground it was Tesar standing behind him, blade ignited.

"Nice save, Tesar," Wrev thanked.

"This one thinks the Vong warriors have weak stomachs," the Barabel joked and then launched into a fit of hissing. Alema had spent a lot of time with Tesar but still did not understand his humor.

They avoided two more encounters with Yuuzhan vong warriors and did see a few slaves with coral implants. Most were humans but one Gran looked as if he had taken quite a beating and was missing an eye.

The Jedi emerged from the field and came to a small clearing with a larger stream. Since their flight suits were drenched with sweat and blood, and Alema's was so torn that it was barely hanging on her, they decided to bathe. The opportunity could be there only for days to come, and they still had many miles to travel before reaching Cal'taer. Alema was not uncomfortable disrobing in front of her male companions, and to their credit, they were perfect gentlemen. The group quickly changed into the survival gear they had taken from their X-Wings, which were just plain pants, tunics, and jackets.

They continued on through another coralskipper field and when they emerged they could make out the constructs of the city Cal'taer. It was now night, and probably the best time to enter the city. The only light was cast by Ombi'taer's miniature moon, which didn't even have a name.

"Right there," Kyp said lowering his electrobinoculars and pointing. "There's a communications tower." Kyp face was intense as it always was.

"Let's hope it still works," Alema said. Given the Yuuzhan Vong's hatred for mechanical things, it was doubtful that the tower would still be operational.

The four Jedi entered the city an hour later and started to work their way towards their destination. The city itself was made up of small buildings, no more than six stories, and a few small homes. Most of the businesses were probably semi-legitimate, but given the frequent clientele, it was likely that illegal goods could have been purchased at any one of them. Many of the buildings looks as if they had taken hits from coral skippers and the streets were littered with debris and broken mechanical devices, so it was no surprise when they came upon their first Yuuzhan Vong patrol.

The Jedi ducked inside a small building in order to avoid any unneeded combat. Alema though seeing the patrol was a good sign that there were survivors who had not been enslaved yet.

The inside of the building was pitch black and no one wanted to use any glow sticks for fear it would be seen from the street.

Alema could vaguely make out several large dark shapes on the floor, and tried to step around them, but her injured leg wasn't working well, and she kicked one, sending her into a stumble.

A long scream was heard from whatever it was she kicked. It was low and animal like. Wrev's blade came into existence casting a blue tint over everything in the room including the faces of several, now silent, Yuuzhan Vong shamed ones.

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 16

Anakin Solo slid the heavy black helmet over his hair, pushing it down around his head, and gazed at his reflection on the wall. This was his oldest dream. His grandfather's armor was so jagged and black, it radiated evil. Anakin pulled the cloak over his shoulders and turned and walked forward.

He felt as though he were surrounded by beings he could not see... Hundreds of them, all watching him. In the center of a small pit were a dozen other beings. They looked blurry, but Anakin could feel that some were human, and some alien.

He stepped forward and pulled the gleaming metal cylinder from his belt. When he activated his weapon it illuminated the haze around him in violet. He felt his anger. He felt his hatred.

He raised his blade and cocked it back, then took a large, strong swing at the first of the beings in the pit. His blood sprayed all over Anakin, blurring his vision through the mask further. He continued the slaughter, until all he could see was their blood. Until they were all dead.

Then there was darkness.

Anakin opened his eyes and realized he was in a Yuuzhan Vong shaping facility. His abdomen hurt, but not as it had. He turned his stiff neck to the right and saw himself. How is this possible?

There he was. The body next to him looked exactly like him, and they had taken his tattered combat suit and put it on the imposter. Was it a clone? He reached out with the force to check if it was who it looked like... but his connection with the force was gone.

There were some shapers and warriors in the room, but Anakin was too groggy to concentrate on them. He thought he spotted the feathery creature and maybe some Ysalamiri, but he wasn't sure.

He reached out with his right had to touch the body next to him... It was cold. There was no life in it...

Yuusung Saa awoke drenched in sweat and gasping for air. He was alone in his new sleeping quarters far beneath the ground in the warriors’ barracks. He hadn't been allowed to leave there since he arrived the day before.

What had his dream of the infidel meant? Was that a real memory, or a dream? The other body had been dead, and it looked just like him... Why would a clone be dead?

The realization hit him like an amphistaff to the skull. The clone was not dead, Anakin Solo was. Yuusung Saa was a clone of Anakin Solo.

Yuusung Saa pulled up his poncho and looked at the scar in his abdomen. Anakin had gotten the injury on Myrkr, and Yuusung Saa often looked at it, as it was the only battle scar he was allowed to have. He longed for a day when his entire body would be covered in them, and tattooed.

But what did it mean now? Would a clone have a scar from Anakin's injury? From his experiences with the Yuuzhan Vong shapers he knew that Yuuzhan Vong clones were made differently from the infidel's clones. The infidels would grow them in a cloning cylinder, which served as a kind of uterus, and the process could be accelerated. Yuuzhan Vong clones were not grown in the same way. They copied each cell and constructed full-grown adults, if that was what was desired. He wasn't a shaper though, and didn't know the details, but he knew it was possible. He supposed if they really wanted him to look like Anakin, they could have just scared his belly, or maybe it came over in the cloning process. He wasn't sure, but it certainly was not evidence against him being a clone.

Would he have the infidel's memories if he were a clone? It was possible, both the infidels and the shapers would be able to do it, and clones could have force powers as well... There was no other explanation.

He must be a clone. The Yuuzhan Vong had lied to him, again. If he was a clone then he was not a Yuuzhan Vong as Nen Yim had told him. The infidels had not kidnapped him at all. Anger began to burn in Yuusung Saa once again.

Though, if the shapers made him, he was made by Yun-Yuuzhan. There was really no difference; he was shaped to serve Yun-Yuuzhan, as all Yuuzhan Vong were. The shapers had lied to him to protect him from the truth of his existence. It changed nothing. He would continue to serve the gods as he had, and he would destroy the Jedi.

But why did he not feel like a clone?

Cuusii Aruh had finished his work early and was preparing his sleeping quarters for rest inside the damutek. Since Yuusung Saa had left there had been little work to be done. Most of his energies over the past year had been applied to monitoring the Jeedai and making sure his shaping had taken affect. With him gone, Cuusii Aruh had only his duties which kept the commune running and they were not much.

With Yuusung Saa now the responsibility of the warriors, perhaps he would be promoted to a full shaper...a master even. He had done a good job with his work and Nen Yim was certain to be pleased.

As he was about to lie down he heard dozens of muffled screams from outside. He ran out of his quarters and down the main corridor towards the damutek exit.

As the sphincter irised open, Cuusii Aruh was horrified by what he saw. A hundred Yuuzhan Vong warriors had stormed the village's gates and were slaughtering everyone in sight. Males, females, children-- intendants, shaper, and even the village's warriors were being killed. The intruding warriors were setting fire to the fonns and Ysalamiri trees, and to the ground itself. Fire, the first abomination. Cuusii Aruh was a heretic like his master, but he found the warriors disregard for faith disturbing. Why are they doing this? Why did Shimrra send them here to kill us?

To keep what we were doing here secret. Forever

Except for Shimrra and Nen Yim, no one would ever know D'Ysuu had ever existed. The very warriors attacking the village would probably be executed when they returned to Shimrra so they could never divulge what they knew. This was why he had been placed here instead of Nen Yim herself. It had always been planned. She had betrayed him and set him up for death!

For a moment Cuusii Aruh hoped that the warriors being in D'Ysuu was a sign that Yuusung Saa had failed his mission, at least that would hurt Nen Yim... But then his death would be for nothing. Besides, he knew Yuusung Saa was fully shaped and would not fail.

He took that success as comfort that he had served the glory of the Yuuzhan Vong. He stood proud as a warrior raised his amphistaff and struck Cuusii Aruh down.

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    More coming today, including a big surprise. A peice of Anakin's destiny falls into place ;)

14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    sorry No update today. I'll catch up tomorrow.

15. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    That was a great post. so...Yuusung Saa thinks he's a clone of Anakin? I think Yuusung is really Anakin and he was looking at Anakin's clone. The one that you see burned in DJ. ;)

Can't wait to see Anakin's destiny fall into place.

16. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Wonderful posts, YodaKenobi. You continue to amaze me with every post.

So Yuusung Saa thinks he's a clone of Anakin? This story is getting more and more interesting, no matter how wrong Yuusung Saa is. ;)

And one last thing:

[voice_Palpatine]I'll be watching your career with great interest.

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    That was a great post. so...Yuusung Saa thinks he's a clone of Anakin? I think Yuusung is really Anakin and he was looking at Anakin's clone. The one that you see burned in DJ.

I can neither confirm nor deny...

Thanks for reading Jedi_of_destiny

So Yuusung Saa thinks he's a clone of Anakin? This story is getting more and more interesting, no matter how wrong Yuusung Saa is.

I was actually afraid when I wrote that chapter, that people would think he was a clone and stop reading.

[voice_Palpatine]I'll be watching your career with great interest.

[face_laugh]

Thanks again Whitey :)

Two more today! BIG SURPRISE!

18. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Big Surprises?

*patiently waits and tries to conceal her bubbling interest*

I like surprises. ... well..most of 'em. Not the bad kind. :D

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    well it isn't a surprise to me, but I think it will be to everyone else :p Its something I've wanted to see happen for a long time.

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 17

Four lightsabers were pointed at the six shamed ones who had been sleeping. There were four males and two females, which looked frail and with the exception of their sloped foreheads and missing noses, looked human. They wore only living loincloths that covered their more personal regions.

Kyp was relieved after a few minutes when the warriors they saw outside did not burst into the room, they must not have heard the shamed one's squeal.

"What do we do?" Alema asked.

Alema looked terrible. Her blue skin had turned pale, and Kyp could feel her body temperature rising, clearly feverish. She was weak and needed rest, soon.

"I don't know," Kyp admitted.

"Jeedai?" one of the shamed ones whispered.

"Wrev, you speak their language, right?" Kyp asked. "Talk to them."

Wrev nodded hesitantly then asked the Yuuzhan Vong a question that was quickly answered.

"What did he say?"

"He said his name is Ruu," Wrev answered.

Ruu had stringy black hair and a pale complexion. He was taller than a human, with long muscles that weren't as massive as a Yuuzhan Vong warrior's. The shamed one had a bony awkwardness about him that reminded Kyp of a teenage boy.

"He said they were sleeping here because they are suppose to be looking for infidels... I guess they got tired."

"He said the word 'Jedi', ask them if they have heard the tales of the Jedi, and if they will help us," Kyp ordered.

Wrev conferred with them.

"Yes, they have. They wish to know if we know Anakin Solo. They believe him to be the greatest of all Jedi."

"Tell them we know him, and ask about the help, Wrev!" Kyp said irritated. Was Wrev making small talk?

"He says they will help us. They believe we will save them."

Kyp felt his stomach turn. "Don't promise them anything. We are not gods, but accept their help."

The shamed ones led the Jedi through the dark city streets, carefully avoiding the scattered Yuuzhan Vong patrols. On the way to the communications tower, it became clear to Kyp that the shamed ones knew little about the Yuuzhan vong occupation of Ombi'taer. They knew nothing of the captured ships in orbit, why this system had been taken, or even how long they had been there.

The shamed ones were anxious to hear tales about the Jedi though, especially Anakin Solo. So Kyp had Wrev tell them of the battle of Ithor, when he saw Anakin use two lightsabers to protect the wounded Twi’lek Jedi, Daeshara’cor, from a group of reptoids.

The shamed ones enjoyed the tale but Kyp felt guilty for telling it when he saw Alema's eyes fill with tears. He had forgotten how Daeshara'cor had been her mentor and had died at Ithor. Kyp didn't apologize but placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, and she nodded her thanks. He wasn't use to seeing Alema weak and vulnerable. She was normally the polar opposite, bordering on the darkside. Perhaps her injuries and near death had just made her more emotional.

Finally they arrived at their destination without a confrontation with patrols.

The communications facility was large, but set up like most throughout the galaxy, which made it easy to navigate. Unfortunately it looked like much of it had been damaged in a Yuuzhan Vong rage attack. The consoles were destroyed with a deep hatred, perhaps deeper than the hate he had once felt for the empire.

As they moved through the facility the group began to hear large crashing noises. The destruction was still going on!

"We can't allow them to continue," Kyp whispered. "The next thing they destroy could ruin our chances of getting a message out to the military."

"Okay, let's take them," Wrev said, suddenly reminding him of the brash young man Kyp had met before the Vong invasion.

"No, you and Alema stay here, she's in no shape to fight and someone should keep an eye on her." Kyp gestured to Tesar," Come on, we can handle this."

The two Jedi traveled down the hallway passed three more offices and into a large room. The door had been smashed open and Kyp could see the two Yuuzhan Vong warriors engaged in a perverse act of rage against the mechanical devices in their path.

Kyp ached remembering his last encounter with Yuuzhan Vong warriors in melee combat. He glanced at Tesar standing behind him and the Barabel gave a nod signaling he was ready.

Kyp let the force flow through him and lifted the heavy smashed metal door, before hurling it at one of the warriors. The impact made a huge crack noise, and Kyp knew the warrior had many broken bones. He ignited his violet blade and advanced on the other warrior who was now aware of their presence.

The warrior whipped his amphistaff at Kyp's head, and he ducked low. He thought he cold almost smell the venom on the head of the staff. Now couched, Kyp took a swing at the warrior's knees, but the Yuuzhan Vong quickly hopped back.

Then the warrior brought his weapon down towards Kyp, but Tesar was there to block it, and Kyp used the opening to shove his blade into the armpit of the warrior. He let out a pained cry and fell to the floor. The Yuuzhan Vong Kyp crushed with the door made a feeble attempt to attack and Tesar cut him down quickly.

They gathered up the rest of their group and headed to the control center. Kyp could tell that much of it had been destroyed, but some lights on the consoles were still on, meaning some of the systems were operational.

Alema lay down on the floor while the three other Jedi attempted to repair systems and determine if they could contact another star system.

"The receiver is destroyed," Wrev said. "There is absolutely no way we can repair it, but the transmitter will work... I think."

"So we can send a message, but we can't receive any?" Kyp asked.

"Yeah," Wrev confirmed.

"Well, that's good news, as soon as we get a message to Sien Sovv, he'll have a fleet out here in no time," Kyp sighed.

He put in codes and coordinates necessary to contact the Commander on Mon Calamari, and then started to record his message.

"Commander Sovv, this is Jedi Master Kyp Durron. My team and I were shot down on the planet of Ombi'taer by a Yuuzhan Vong fleet. They appear to have control of the system and are holding a convoy of intercepted ships in orbit around the planet, both military and civilian."

“The Vong also appear to be growing large numbers of coral skippers on the planet’s surface, and have taken its inhabitants as slaves.”

"Our communications are damaged so I cannot receive a message, or even be sure that you're receiving this, but I trust that you will send help as quickly as possible. We will do what we can until you arrive."

Kyp finished his message with a bow and Wrev stopped the recording.

"I'll send it on a nonstop loop, so if they don't receive it the first or second time, maybe they will on the hundredth," Wrev said.

"Good idea," Kyp commended.

"What did you mean when you said we would do what we could?" Alema asked. "What can we do?"

"I'm not sure... I'm not sure why I said that. It just sort of came out," Kyp said confused. He hadn't even remembered saying those words. Alema looked at him skeptically.

"Well, first you're going into a healing trance," Kyp said. "Then we'll need to think of a way off this rock."

"Ruu tells me there may be ships in the city, but they have probably been vandalized," Wrev said.

Kyp nodded thoughtfully. "Not really a surprise, I suppose, he said gesturing to the destruction in the room.

"Tesar, you will guard Alema while she is in her healing trance," Kyp ordered. "Wrev and I will take the shamed ones and see if we can scavenge a ship. We'll stay in comm contact while we're apart, so don't hesitate to buzz us if you hear anything."

Kyp helped Alema into her trance then he and Wrev inspected the communications facility in full to make sure there were no more warriors lurking around. After they finished, the two Jedi took the six Yuuzhan Vong and set off to find a ship while the sun was rising.

After several hours of searching the spaceport and private residence, the pair had not found a single working ship. The craft were so badly destroyed that they would have a better chance levitating to Mon Cal. Most of the ships had obviously been fired on by coralskippers, effectively ruining any chance of space flight. To make matters worse, they had yet to find a working speeder in Cal'taer, making any travel to another location less appealing.

Kyp, Wrev, and the six shamed ones took a short break to drink some water and decide what to do next.

"I don't know," Wrev said, "maybe we're going about this entirely the wrong way."

"What do you mean?" Kyp asked.

The younger Jedi wiped some sweat from his brow and pressed a lock of hair behind his ear that had been hanging in his eye. "When I was on Garqi, I had several opportunities to escape the planet, and return to the New Republic, but I didn't. I would have been abandoning the resistance movement," Wrev said.

Kyp interrupted him. "Why didn't you try to contact us? Through the force?"

"I did," Wrev answered, "but the distance was to great and I don't really have a strong bond with any other Jedi, none that are still alive anyway... but, I tried everyday," Wrev said looking distant. "There was nothing anyone could have done for me if they had heard my call, I was to far in Vong space, but I did want the order to know I was alive."

Kyp nodded.

"Anyway, what I was trying to say, was that maybe instead of looking for a way out, we should look for a way to force the Yuuzhan Vong out."

Kyp silently thought about what Wrev was proposing. Alema's injuries were not mortal, and with rest and some bacta she would be fine, so that was not a reason to run off to Mon Cal.

"What if Sien Sovv doesn't receive my message?" Kyp asked.

"It's possible, but with it on loop and the transmitter functioning just fine, I find it hard to believe that someone won't retrieve it eventually," Wrev answered.

"What are you suggesting exactly? That the four of us take on thousands of Yuuzhan Vong warriors? That's a little bold, even for you."

"Ha!" Wrev snapped, "Too bold for Kyp Durron?" He joked, "but no, I wasn't saying it would be just us..."

Kyp's eyes widened, "the shamed ones?"

"Why not? The 'Jedi heresy' has obviously spread here. There will surely be more like these who will serve us."

"Serve us? I don't like the sound of that," Kyp said, growing more suspicious of Wrev.

"That's not what I meant," Wrev said, "I mean, we can inspire them to revolt. Take the system back and free these shamed ones alone with the slaves."

"And how many will die, Wrev?" Kyp could hardly believe he was worried of such things.

"I guarantee more will die when the military shows up," Wrev reasoned.

"But we'd be asking them to die under false pretenses, Wrev! We're not goes."

“You sound like Clighal,” Wrev joked, lightening the mood, but it was true. Kyp could see now that the Mon Calamari Jedi Master's fears had been well founded in their last meeting.

"Besides, its not that we're gods... But we can save them, Kyp.” Wrev’s eyes were both somber and sincere. "We may not be able to redeem them to their imaginary gods, but they will die in this attack by our fleet, or die under the treachery of the Yuuzhan Vong heirarchy... Unless we help them."

"And ourselves," Kyp said skeptically.

"It's not about us," Wrev said. "If we keep searching, we'll find a working ship somewhere, and with the interdictor craft gone, we could jump out of here in minutes. But, that won't help the convoys or the slaves... Or the shamed ones."

Kyp could appreciate what Wrev was saying, but it still felt wrong for some reason. He had once tricked Jaina Solo and Rouge squadron into destroying a Yuuzhan Vong ship womb under the pretense that it was a super weapon; he feared he would be repeating the same mistake in a way.

"Alright, but we do this my way," Kyp said. "No lying to them. No pretending to be gods, or godly."

"We won't have time for a theology lesson Kyp," Wrev warned. "If you denounce their beliefs and tell them that Yun-Yuuzhan and the whole bunch don't exist...Well... It will take some time to rally them behind you."

Kyp saw that there was truth in Wrev's words.

"Right, we don't have to denounce their beliefs, but don't feed them Wrev, and don't lie."

Wrev nodded in agreement.

The pair formulated their plans as they returned to the communications tower to see Alema and Tesar.

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 18

Yuusung Saa laid face down on the floor of his sleeping quarters. Saliva dripped from his lips and formed a puddle on the floor, surrounding his cheek. His eyes were open as he stared into nothingness.

The thought of being a clone was nagging at him, but he could think of no other explanation. Why would the Yuuzhan Vong implant Anakin's memories into his brain? Since his time on D'Ysuu they had done nothing but try and make him forget those memories. It didn't make any sense.

His confusion was forgotten for a moment when Hul Choka entered his room. Yuusung Saa quickly rose and gave the commander a proper salute, crossing his right fist to his left breast.

"Yuusung Saa, your day of redemption is upon us," the chiseled warrior said.

Yuusung Saa's chest swelled with pride. After so long...

"Lord Shimrra has prepared a ceremony for you, to honor the gods."

"I thank you for this commander," Yuusung Saa said, honored by the warrior's presence.

"No, today we thank the gods. Today we honor Yun-Yammka."

The slayer!

"I look forward to it," Yuusung Saa admitted. All the doubts in his faith evaporated with the good news.

"Come now, it is time for you to receive your vonduun crab armor," Hul Choka said, and gestured for Yuusung Saa to follow him.

The young warrior stepped out of his quarters for the first time since arriving two days ago. There were two warriors standing guard on either side of his door. He wondered if they were there to keep anyone from coming in, or him from getting out. Probably both, he thought. Even so, it was less security than they had put on him in D'Ysuu and no Ysalamiri, which was a nice change. Though, he hadn't tried to use the force since finding his lightsaber... He was afraid of what might happen.

They traveled up through the warriors’ barracks and headed outside. Fresh air entered Yuusung Saa's lungs and the feeling was exquisite. The sky was dark and cloudy, like rain was waiting to burst from them at any moment. Yuusung Saa took a deep breath and closed his eyes, enjoying the air before he followed Hul Choka.

A raindrop hit Yuusung Saa under his right eye and slid down his cheek to his chin. Something about it triggered a memory-- an infidel memory.

He remembered Anakin lying on the ground in the shaper's grashal. The force storm that had channeled through his body was sizzling out. Then the feathery creature appeared over him, and crouched down on her reverse articulated legs. Her name was Vergere. Anakin had heard of her from his father, Han.

She hovered over him and looked into his eyes with a sick smile stretching under her whiskers... And then, the force was gone. Vergere had some how shut him off from the force. He remembered Anakin's surprise that the small creature as a force user. He couldn't understand why she would help the Yuuzhan Vong.

The pain of Anakin's punctured spleen came back in full without the force and he felt his consciousness slipping. He was going to die.

"It is not time yet, Anakin Solo," Vergere whispered, still wearing a maniacal smirk.

Then she began to cry; though her expression did not change. It was not a cry of sympathy or sadness. The tears hit his cheek and then she lifted what was left of his combat suit and let the tears drop on his injured stomach.

He felt the tears enter his body and the pain began to lessen. His wounds were healing. Anakin remembered that Vergere's tears had cured his aunt's disease, which was caused by Nom Anor. But why? Why was Vergere helping him and the Yuuzhan Vong?

He wanted to ask her what she was doing, but he was too fatigued. The amount of energy he had unleashed only minutes before had taken a toll on his body. He felt his consciousness slipping again, this time to rest, not death. Anakin Solo fell asleep staring into Vergere's strange eyes.

Anakin had not died on Myrkr. Yuusung Saa was not a clone! Why had Vegere saved him? Because she was a Jedi? Why do I remember seeing a dead clone? None of it made any sense.

He tried to focus on what he was doing, and caught up with Hul Choka who was several meters ahead of him The single rain drop was now a steady sprinkle and gave the Yuuzhan Vong foliage a strange sweet scent.

Hul Choka led him to a small hut and the sphincter irised open.

"Your armor is in there. Prepare yourself and we will travel to the ceremony."

"Of course, Commander," Yuusung Saa answered.

He stepped into the small hut and glance around. The ceiling was only two meters high and three and a half meters wide in any direction. The walls were made of a reflective membrane that amplified the light produced by the lichen. On the floor lay a large living bag that was stuffed with the armor of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior and a black cape of a high ranking warrior hung on two bones in the wall like hooks. Yuusung Saa grinned with satisfaction.

He unpacked the bag and started putting the armor over his poncho. The battle armor constricted to fit his chest, smaller than the average warrior, he supposed. The gauntlets were particularly impressive, and he liked the boots as well.

He hooked his lightsaber onto a small notch on his waist and then draped the cape over his shoulders that hung down to his calves. Lastly he reached down and picked up the helmet.

Yuusung Saa slid the heavy black helmet over his hair, pushing it down around his head, and gazed at his reflection on the wall.

Something snapped in him when he realized what he was seeing. My oldest dream.

Every dream Anakin had ever had about being Darth Vader had come true. No, not dreams--visions. They were visions of his future, and this was his destiny.

It was clear now to Yuusung Saa that he had not been wearing Darth Vader's armor in his visions, he had been wearing vonduun crab armor. Perhaps Anakin thought it was Vader's because he just assumed it was-- or the future was distorted by the Yuuzhan Vong not existing in the force, but there was no denying it: Anakin's destiny was Yuusung Saa's.

He was Darth Vader’s grandson; he was Darth Vader. The Knight of Darkness reborn.

If the Yuuzhan Vong didn't exist in the force, than how could he be a Yuuzhan Vong? Yuusung Saa knew he wasn't a clone any longer; the memory of Vergere proved that, if Anakin's visions didn't. The shapers said the infidels had kidnapped him when he was young but how could he use the force when it did not exist? How could he be a Yuuzhan Vong? The shapers knew he could use the force because they had Ysalamiri...

Nothing made sense to Yuusung Saa anymore. The force, the shapers, the dead clone; none of it made sense. Except his faith.

He retreated.

Yuusung Saa embraced his faith in the Yuuzhan Vong gods, refusing to look at the glaring truth. He trusted Yun-Yuuzhan would guide him, and Yun-Yammka would make him a great warrior. This was his destiny.

He pulled the cloak over his shoulders, turned, and walked forward.

22. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    ....*shiver runs down spine* Wow.

"It was clear now to Yuusung Saa that he had not been wearing Darth Vader's armor in his visions, he had been wearing vonduun crab armor. Perhaps Anakin thought it was Vader's because he just assumed it was-- or the future was distorted by the Yuuzhan Vong not existing in the force, but there was no denying it: Anakin's destiny was Yuusung Saa's.

He was Darth Vader?s grandson; he was Darth Vader. The Knight of Darkness reborn."

That was awesome. I like how you wrote it. I never would of guessed it would be Vong armor instead of Vaders. Anakin's visions are coming true. this post was...spooky...chilling, but...perfect.

Is this one of those fics where your routing for the bad guy? :) Great work, Yoda.

23. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    *applauds*

Wow... that was just... brilliant. Especially chapter 18. I wasn't expecting that surprise. Of course, that's why it's called a surprise.

You know what Fanfiction and the EU have in common? They're both fiction. So basically you can choose to believe whatever you want. :D

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh! I'm so enjoying Anakin's soul-searching. Great tension. I get the impression that the YV have created soemthing that's goiing to shoot them in the foot. ;)

I'm enjoying the way you write Alema, as I actually find her character interesting and good to try and get into. The books have made her into a sort of Jedi bad girl, but I think there's more to her than that. So it's good to see you developing her.

"This one thinks the Vong warriors have weak stomachs," the Barabel joked and then launched into a fit of hissing. Alema had spent a lot of time with Tesar but still did not understand his humor. I loved that bit. I also like the Barabels' humour - maybe they're Kiwis. ;)

Great action scenes. You do those well. :)

25. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!

Congrats on another lovely set of posts, YodaKenobi. I really love this story!

~Ambyr-Rose~