main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Revolution of Fate(Han,Luke,Leia,Vader OT). Updated! Chapter 5 posted: 30/July/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aiel, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm so sorry about the delay of...well a long time...<blows off the cobwebs and shines it up a bit.>

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and remember what is going on...<it took me a while to remember actually :rolleyes:>

Enjoy.

<Also check out some hand coloured art for this chapter at the bottom by yours truely. :)>

[b]Chapter four: Unpleasant discoveries.[/b]

[hr]

[b]L[/b]eia Organa was used to confronting scenarios, but nothing could have prepared the young Princess for the sight of Darth Vader without his terrifying mask.

The door to her cell opened and her eyes widened at the fair-haired man in his early forties who walked down the stairs, he had terrible, pale scars on the right side of his face that trailed into a prominent grey streak in his hair. His eyes were blue and cold, Leia took her eyes from the once pleasant features and took note of the infamous leather clothing the man was clothed in.

?Lord Vader,? she said, trying to keep the surprise out of her voice, Darth Vader stared at her expressionlessly, without the helmet vision she looked even more like his late wife.

?Surprised to see a man and not a monster?? He questioned, the girl raised an eyebrow and folded her hands on her lap.

?I still see a monster, what is it you require of me??

Vader folded his arms, ?I require nothing, the Grand Moff requested your presence, on your feet,? he ordered, motioning to the two soldiers in the doorway.

The Princess gracefully got to her feet and offered her wrists to the soldiers, as the group headed out in the hall with their prisoner, Leia stared straight ahead.

?I knew you were not a machine, or you would not have gone to the ends of the galaxy to try and get Han back,? she said smoothly to Vader, knowing that it didn?t matter anymore. ?You must have loved his mother, once.?

The Sith Lord studied the young woman, ?I did, although it is none of your concern, she was much like you, but had a civil tongue,? he replied as they entered the lift, Leia inclined her head.

?Han always said you just wanted him around to try and keep her memory alive,? Leia shot back fearlessly, there was no reply from Vader, but she knew she?d hit a nerve, the man looked down at her coldly as the doors to the lift slid open.

?Move,? Darth Vader said firmly, shoving the shackled Princess out ahead of him, the girl nearly tripped up but composed herself, glaring over her shoulder as they began the march down the hall to the Death Star?s main control room.

Mara slipped off her boots and crossed her legs underneath her as she sat on the lounge around the holochess table, sitting between C-3PO and Chewbacca, watching R2-D2 play chess with Chewie.

?Now you be careful Artoo,? the protocol droid reprimanded his counterpart, Artoo chortled in response and used his mechanical claw to hit the switch button, his holographic monster marched forward and picked up Chewbacca?s piece, throwing it to the ground.

Chewbacca growled, [that was cheating,] he complained, Threepio looked over at the furry anthropoid.

?That was a fair move, yelling about it won?t change anything,? Threepio commented in defence of Artoo, Han snorted from the control panel where he was fixing some of the communication hardware.

?It?s not wise to upset a Wookiee Goldenrod,? Solo commented, leaning over the back of his chair as Threepio looked over at him.

?But Master Han, no-one ever worries about upsetting a droid.?

Han smirked widely, ?that?s because droids don?t pull arms out of sockets when they lose, Wookiees, however, have been known to do that,? he motioned to Chewie who put his hands behind his head with a similar smirk to his co-pilot.

Mara patted the protocol droid?s metal shoulder, ?I have a better strategy for you Threepio, always let the Wookiee win,? she pushed past Threepio as the droid looked worriedly down at his arms.

?Oh my.?

Jade wondered over to the other side of the lounge where Kenobi was seated on a crate, watching Luke practicing Lightsaber drills, Mara sat beside Obi-Wan and watched Skywalker with an app>

2. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Now I'm not really remembering what happened in the story to well right now, but when did Anakin get out of the Suit, well at least out of the mask?

But a very good chapter, though it could end up hurting the rebellion overall considering one of their greatest battle cries was Remember Alderaan!

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    did I miss (since I never technically finished the previous story) what happened to Padme? :(

Well, I hope Obi-Wan doesn't have to sacrifice himself unless it means saving Leia.

And it looks like, from your art, that Vader doesn't have his mask?

4. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    (Firstly could everyone I've PMed updates to READ them, a lot of people have missed their PMs because I couldn't send anymore, thank-you!)

AUTHOR REPLIES

In chapter 3 of this story, right at the end he takes off his mask because it's malfunctioning. In [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26022301/p5]A Slight Disruption in chapter 11[/link] Anakin isn't completely in the same way as he is in canon OT. (Read the link for full details!)

Possibly, but who knows? There's a lot of good reasons now, remember the bulk of the galaxy was already swayed when Vader "kidnapped" Han from Alderaan, the masses are unpredictable!

Thank-you.:)

In chapter 11 (check the above linkage), we find out that Padme is very sick from her connection to Vader, so in[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26022301/p7] chapter fourteen of ASD[/link] she is put into an induced coma on Polis Massa, she is still there.

[face_whistling]

As above in whateveritis12 reply, as explained in chapter 11 of ASD, malfuctioning in above chapter 3.

Thanks![face_peace]

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    So glad to see this updated! [face_dancing] Wonderful job! =D= Loved the artwork too!@};- Great job and looking forward to the next part! [:D]

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm impressed Vader contradicted Tarkin on destroying Alderaan...almost made me like him for a second - almost.

I don't know what good it will do Luke to know where the Death Star is headed...but I hope it will do some.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nicely done. Cannot wait for more.

8. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    OMG! IT'S ALIVE!!!!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggle!!!!! I too had to go back and review the earlier chapters LOL Great little twists and changes from the OT. =D= :D

10. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    What a great post! Getting a PM on this was fun. Now the question is whether they can rescue Leia before Luke blows it to smithereens.

11. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    Oh! I so loved the encounter between Anakin and Leia! Love the fact that he is still his arrogant confident self!

In addition, I liked the force bond between the twins...and when Leia broke the connection when Han tried to convince Luke of trying to "think" her out of sacrificing herself!

Please update soon! I want to see Han and little Leia reunite! [face_love]

12. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it. can not wait for the next chapter.

13. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    Update soon? @};-

14. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hi all, I'm sorry for the eight month hiatus and I thought I'd just let everyone know I have continued writing this one and I do have a couple of chapters all set for RoF, but I'm going to hold off posting them until the [hl=black]MOVE [/hl]because of a couple of reasons:

So to cut a long note short, the next chapter will be on the new boards (and there is a tiny possibility of both stories in this series also appearing on the FF.net boards, but don't quote me on that just yet.)

Thanks for reading guys. [:D]

15. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    A/N: So yeah it's been...a year? Yeah I guess so. My style's changed a bit in a year and I've updated the ff.net version of this one periodically, but this chapter hasn't been posted here yet, the move is taking too long, I've caved so away we go.

[b]Chapter Five: Reunited as it begins all over again.[/b]

[hr]

?[b]W[/b]e?re coming up on Yavin,? Han called out as the hyperdrive notification started to beep out the verification of their arrival at the huge gas planet.

Chewie growled out confirmation as he flicked a switch above the dashboard and the Falcon shot out of hyperspace, Luke looked over his foster brother?s shoulder from his position in the chair behind the captain?s seat.

?How long till we get to Yavin 4?? He inquired, Han glanced back at him with a smile.

?Not long, are you sure you?re okay helpin? out the rebels while Ben and I go rescue Leia?? His foster brother inquired, Luke put his hand on Han?s shoulder with a wide grin, just like Anakin ...

?It?s better this way, Mara was telling me the Rebellion needs all the good pilots they can get. I?m sure you, Chewie and Master Obi-Wan will be able to get Leia off of that Death Star safely.?

Skywalker tried to sound confident, but eyed Han?s determined expression with a little less then complete enthusiasm, but he trusted his brother more than anyone in the galaxy (apart from Obi-Wan, Chewie and Leia of course.)

Han patted Luke?s saber calloused left hand with a nod, ? ?course we will! Mom told me to look after you two; and I?ll be damned if I let little sis be killed by the Empire over this stupid little ideal.? Solo muttered in annoyed determination as he and Chewie pulled the ship around.

Luke folded his arms and gazed out at the small, green spectre of a moon vaguely visible against the backdrop of the glowing yellow and orange planet. ?Han, about Mom...?

?Hmm?? Han looked over his shoulder at his fair haired foster brother.

?Well, if you get Leia off?? Luke caught the narrowed hazel eyes glaring in his direction. ?I mean [i]when[/i] you get Leia off of the Death Star, do you think we might be able to go to Polis Massa? Just to visit Mom, see how the treatment is working maybe?? Luke sounded wistful.

Solo smiled broadly, ?Sure we can. It will be something to look forward to once all this bloody mess is cleaned up,? Han assured Luke. Chewie barked out his agreement and ruffled Skywalker?s hair, both young men laughed at the Wookiee?s exuberance.

?So, Leia looks like Mom, huh??

Luke nodded, ?A lot. I can get Artoo to show you the footage if you??

Solo shook his head as he interrupted, ?Don?t worry about it. I?m sure I?ll recognise her and we don?t want to overload Artoo?s sensors, might need him on that trip to Phindar,? he commented, though secretly Han had his own reasons.

The guilt factor in that he was failing Padmé?s last wishes was bad enough. But to see Leia begging for help would almost push Han over the edge.

He knew he had to remain strong for his family.

-xxx-

The ancient Massassi stone temples of Yavin 4 loomed ahead as the Falcon skimmed over the treetops of the tropical forest. Noise from the freighter?s loud, powerful back thrusters, startled the belly-birds in the upper canopy into the air; and sent the squeaking stintarils clambering back down the trees.

The YT-1300 turned itself towards the largest of the ancient buildings, the Great Temple, which had been converted into Massassi Station, (the stronghold of the fledgling Rebellion for at least the past year.)

[i]?Unidentified ship,[/i]? a vaguely familiar voice broke into the com unit. ?[i]This is the Empire, please give your pass code, or leave immediately. This is your final warning.[/i]?

Mara leaned over Chewbacca?s chair, ?Eleven fourteen thirteen six eleven eight. Twenty-one four nineteen, seven four seventeen. Four one four eleven, eleven eight fourteen thirteen,? she said methodically.

Han raised an eyebrow at the girl. [i]Long live the Rebellion?[/i] He mouthed.

Jade shrugged her slender shoulders in response and static burst through once again, follo>

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there!

Your PM was a hoot to read!

This story is great to delve into!

And it's great to have Kyle along for the adventures.

And I adore imagining characters like Kyp Durron and Mara Jade with that accent ;) =P~ ... nummy!

17. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    I can't believe this story is back! I'm really looking forward to it! I will have to read it again on FF.net, though...

Loved when Mara called Han "Captain know-it-all" Ha ha! That's one of the reasons we love him right?

18. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    I am pushing this up the ladder because the story deserves it!

Aiel, update soon?

19. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Great story. It is funny to see how Luke, Mara and Han already know each other. It is unique too, which is alway's a good thing. Looking forward to the next update.

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I didn't forget about this story and I liked this latest chapter. Please write more as soon as you are able to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.