main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rewriting the Dark Empire comics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Emotional Jedi, Oct 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    I would like to rewrite the plot of the Dark Empire comics, so that the contradictions with the Prequel Trilogy are eliminated and Anakin’s sacrifice in Return of the Jedi is not nullified. I’m not interested in writing a detailed Fanfiction with all the characters' dialogues, I just want to write the plot in enough detail. I wish you could help me do that.
    The main changes I would like to introduce to the plot of the comics are the following:

1) Despite having many clones of his body to transfer his spirit into, Darth Sidious is defeated once and for all on the first attempt and fails to transfer his spirit numerous times, as is the case in the original comics. More or less as it happened in The Rise of Skywalker, in which it resuscitates only once but is defeated on the first attempt.

2) Darth Sidious is not defeated by Luke or Leia as in the first comic and he’s not killed by mistake by Han as in the third one. He’s killed by Anakin Skywalker’s Force Ghost, who returned from the Force underworld to finish what he had started on the Second Death Star. As Sidious is about to transfer his spirit into the newborn Anakin Solo, Anakin Skywalker appears and fixes things.

3) I’d like to replace the Force storms from the original comics with the giant, epic lightnings we saw in The Rise of Skywalker, because I always thought it wasn’t as absurd as everyone says it is. In fact, in my opinion it makes a lot more sense than the Force storms from the original Dark Empire comics.

4) Although I don’t want to contradict the Dark Empire references made in later media (such as the Crimson Empire comics or the New Jedi Order series), I still want to change the plot by adding the changes I mentioned now.

I would like you to help me to elaborate the new plot with these changes, providing ideas etc.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello,

First, it's great to see a new face posting in fan fic. Welcome! However, we do not allow threads with the sole purpose of discussing specific stories. Please see the FAQ for what you can and cannot post in Resource threads.

If you have specific writing questions you're looking for help with, there is the Fanfic Writer's Desk where you can join the discussion.

I'm going to lock this thread now, but if you have any questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask myself or one of the other fan fic mods. :)

~ Mira

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.