main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Rewriting the originals

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    I'd also change the dialogue in Episode VI when they leave Tatooine.
    That scene should have had Luke making no guarantee's he'll be with the assembly since he's going to complete his training.

More importantly, Han's line should be changed in that scene.

It should have been "hey Luke, I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but thanks. Thanks for coming after me. I totally underestimated you. I can't afford to make that mistake again." Luke then laughs just as we saw. It would have been much more fitting response to this than to the line we saw.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    A small change: In the scene where Vader chokes Motti, I would have the Sith Lord administer the choke from where he stands next to Tarkin, rather than have him move closer to the admiral, which is probably unnecessary. Motti would stop mid-sentence and start gagging, and Vader would deliver his chilling line, "I find your lack of faith..", which would tip off Tarkin and the others that he is doing something to their colleague.

ThisIsTheWay likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That would work better!

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I did not buy the ewok toys either. :p As far as the rest, that's great.

Still doesn't change my mind about the wookies though.;)

Deliveranze likes this.
  5. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    I wouldn't really change much with the OT saga except a few dialogue fix here and there. These come to mind:

Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When you left me I was but the learner, but now I am the master.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Only a master of evil, Vader.
    Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: You can't win, Vader. If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
    Darth Vader: You should not have come back.
    ----
    Yoda: Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. [Whispering now] Luke...Luke...do not... [Struggles to speak] Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor... the powers of Sidious...or suffer your father's fate you will.
    ----
    Luke: Come with me.
    Vader: Your mother once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the dark side! I must obey my master.
    Luke: I will not turn. And you'll be forced to kill me.
    Vader: If that is your destiny.

The last dialogue is something I wish Lucas would have edited in with James Earl Jones considering it has more continuity flow and emphasized that Luke is Padmé's son as well, reminding us that Padmé had been a major thorn in Palpatine's side for decades as well reminding Vader that Padmé lives through Luke.

Iron_lord and PCCViking like this.
  6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Found a reimagining of the Vader/Kenobi duel that would work pretty damn well...

whostheBossk and Deliveranze like this.
  7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    This was pretty weird. I was somewhat disturbed. But at least it was creative.

They aren't the first people to ask these questions.

8. dazin5

dazin5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    I stumbled on that last video a while ago, but couldn't find it subsequently and was looking for that, thanks!

Don't have a problem with Vader being called Darth, even if Darth was a title. Wouldn't seem unusual to call Dracula 'Count' occasionally, after all.

As for changes, maybe in RotJ make Luke seem to have more of a coherent plan when it comes to the rescue of Han from Jabba (while keeping all the good bits of the Jabba sequence), and include a scene or two between Han and Leia after that rescue. Also more about how Jabba exerts his influence beyond the confines of Tatooine, since he doesn't seem to have a fleet at his disposal. For that matter,you'd think the Rebel Alliance could easily blast his primitive palace into oblivion. Some reference to the compound having a defensive shield might go some way to fixing that discrepancy.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    whostheBossk likes this.