main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion Rey, Finn, and Poe in future films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthBorealis, Dec 20, 2019.

1. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Imo given the fact that they had to introduce the new generation and also catch us up on everyone from the old generation, there wasn’t enough room for too many new characters, hence why I feel they shoulda killed Poe early and stuck to the idea of Finn and Rey just being a duo. Not every story needs a trio.

Tho Yor and Shamear like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    I think we should see them only in minor roles in two or three decades.

3. Lee_

Lee_ Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    As far as movies, I don't think they will be used in continuing episodes from the ST at any time. They have already said they won't continue the saga, and the way it fell off commercially with TROS, I think they will keep that promise. They may appear in separate stories in the time period of their lives (a story that takes place in that time, but is not focused on following up events of the ST). Honestly, I'm not sure they will ever be in movies in a major way, although it is certainly a possibility in a smaller or different capacity/role (e.g. if Poe were to be a pilot in Rogue Squadron).

Disney Plus is another story. I think it is likely they will appear, maybe even in a major role, in the next 5-10 years. They are much more likely to appear in streaming.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they shoul be major and have legacy status in the galaxy just like the others from the two previous trilogies.

Darth Smurf, Merric and AndyLGR like this.
  5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'd like to see them again in some sort of standalone adventure. I liked the dynamic between them. The problem is coming up with an interesting enough story with a good antagonist. Despite the many flaws of the ST I really enjoyed Adam Driver's performance, so with him gone it needs to be someone good. Another question is whether there is the appetite to see more adventures from these characters and if they are popular enough?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. MasterDarkra

MasterDarkra Jedi Master

Apr 26, 2006
    Yes, if only for the fact to develop their characters and backstory more. Specifically, I would prefer more of a focus on Rey and given perhaps some more reasoning behind why she is unbelievably gifted. (Beyond what was given to us in Rise).

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  8. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    We see a glimpse of post-TROS Rey in the film I think. Dark Rey. She's not the same as Empress Palpatine. No throne, no blind eyes. And she speaks like a mother, like Leia: 'never be afraid of who you are'. Her weapon is complete (=double blade), unlike the one in Tatooine at the end. Empress Palpatine is weaponless.

Maybe that scene, and not the dark cave in TLJ, is the true equivalent of the Dagobah Cave. That scene was, after all, Luke vs Dark Luke. 'Never be afraid of who you are' would be the mask. 'I am your father' created the prequels and, in a way, the sequels.

So, Rey's Vader. Victoria Mahoney's moodboard.

Looks like grandfather wolf being also grandmother. Little Red Riding hood. Or, since the wolf died in ROTJ, grandmother being the wolf; a disguise. Or in Grimm Brothers terms, a wicked mother, a witch.

Palpatine didn't care about prophecies. But others did, besides the jedi. Maul, for example. He believed in the chosen one. An the dyad (a sith concept) was 'prophesized' according to the TROS VD. A dark side prophecy. For Palpatine the dyad was just a tool, a 'power like life itself'. He was the f-ing prophecy, and all the sith.

In other words, Anakin had to do with a prophecy, from the jedi POV. And so did as Vader, from the dark side POV (excluding Palpatine). Some of this got to Kylo's ears, since he's the one mentioning the dyad for the first time, of which Palpatine knew nothing about. And Kylo knew that too.

Other factions with their own agenda. Luke's temple had to be destroyed and Palpatine had to go. Maybe we'll know about them. Rey's saber is only halfway there.

9. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    We’ll of course see them again in some form but it may not be movies, I hope it will be though. We’ll at least get books, comics and/or video games with them.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    im sure they'll be back in movies in 10 years after TROS.

Vittoria likes this.
  11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They’ll all be back and it’ll probably happen much sooner than people think.

12. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 8, 2019
    If they do revisit Rey's story, it should be totally subversive, and something fans don't want but need.

Maybe Rey becomes obsessed with an ancient conspiracy, loses her mind, and tries to destroy the New Republic, pitting her against Poe and Finn, who she murders.

13. Vittoria

Vittoria Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2021
    Oh I can see this happening. A 10 year jump ahead. Either Rey is running the new Jedi school, or she has been sucked into Galactic politics. And something happens, a betrayal that makes her turn angry or go for vengeance and goes overboard into the Darkside. And it's up to Finn and a resurrected Ben (yes he will be coming back), to stop her and bring her back.

14. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I think they ought to come back for an Episode X, a Toy Story 4-esque coda to the sequels that gives us a stronger sense of finality to the Skywalker saga and ties the trilogies together in a satisfying way. I talk more about this in a video:

Tython Awakening and chrcharcor2 like this.
  15. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I like a Rey who knows how to stay clear of the darkside and old typical Palpatine trappings. No Clone Reys please.

16. Darth Polo

Darth Polo Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2020
    I'd like to see the actors of Rey, Finn, and Poe come back to star as these characters in episodes 10,11, and 12. I would not set a date of when to start filming but over the next decade or so Disney can gauge the mood of when the time is right. I would think Baby Yoda can have a role and some characters from the expanded universe. I would like new characters as well. Not sure what would be a good start and good ending to a new trilogy? It felt like at end of episode 9 that I did want a new trilogy as I didn't like to see Rey, the guy guy baby face character, winning and there being no more bad guys left. Seems if they wait 2 or 3 decades that there may be new movies and TV shows or streaming series that will add enough characters and plots and make everyone feel like they will want that new trilogy.