main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rey, Finn, and Poe in future films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthBorealis, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. What?

2. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I think they are done and I'd guess the actors mostly want no part of it as well assuming they have other work. Disney literally had to misrepresent this last film as some epic end to the Skywalker saga and called it the Rise of Skywalker when it was a Palpatine saga just to try and get people to show up and it didn't work that well.

KK was so eager to move on from the Skywalkers so lets see how that goes for future films. If she is still with Disney her failure will be complete.

Kylo was the best of the new cast and Finn could have been so much more but they failed to build on reformed Stormtrooper. We've seen Po before also known as Han and honestly people don't care about Rey on the scale they should considering her role as the main Jedi in a Star Wars Trilogy. My 12 year old daughter is their target audience and she could really care less. She liked her after TFA but just doesn't care.

Def Trooper likes this.
  3. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    [​IMG]

Doesn't appear there is much demand by the public to see much of the ST characters besides Rey and Ben. I would probably limit anything in the future to a Rey spinoff or similar.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  4. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Is this all people care about.... rey with Finn. I don’t think finn likes rose that way.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think the actors are done with Star Wars at least for now. This whole sequel trilogy is a mess. That’s why they want to do the Marvel way. And if you think about it Marvel people are creeping in to Star Wars. John faverou has done a super job with the msndalorian, Kevin Feige is producing a Star Wars movie and waitiki is also possibly in talks for a Star Wars movie after that wonderful episode of the mandalorian that he directed. It’s happening cause just okay is not okay

6. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    No, it’s not “all people care about.” I was simply just asking for curiosity’s sake, and then offering my own theories. Thought that’s what this thread was for, no? Discussing the futures of these characters? Pretty sure potential romantic relationships fall under that umbrella.

7. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Please no more FINN. I've had enough "WOWWWS" to last me a lifetime.

8. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    You underestimate how many fans like the characters from the ST. Disney World and Disneyland would also like a word...

They will be back.

9. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'd love to see a new series set 70 years after Episode 9 with a new Jedi Order of Skywalker up and running. And have a 90 year old Rey as the elder leader of the Jedi, on the mountaintop, Yoda vibes, in a few scenes to pass the torch. She could mention Luke and Leia but no need to see them. Rey dies after sharing some wisdom at the end of the first film...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd be interested in seeing some sort of prequel film (or perhaps trilogy) featuring Ben/Kylo Ren, focusing on his turn. But unless Mark Hammill is willing to be part of it I don't see how it would work. I have no doubt Serkis and McDiarmid would be happy to jump in, but having Luke in there could be tough...Han and Leia would definitely be out-except for perhaps a couple flashbacks. I suppose it could work as an animated series, a la Rebels...

Sadly I think we've moved on from the Sequel trilogy characters. It's sad, cos there's a lot of space in between ROTJ and TFA, which could be filled with lots of great things-even a whole nother trilogy of films! After all, in the 20 years between ROTS and ANH, we got two spinoff films, and a multiple season animated series. And that's not counting the books or anything else. That's a lot.

As far as the intended "new big 3," I agree I don't think there's enough interest in the characters to justify more films featuring them. I'd prefer exploring other areas, but I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Rey and Finn together as Jedi, older-like perhaps 10 years later, and a new Jedi order expanded from Finn as her first student, etc. But I really feel Poe is done in this story. There wasn't really much to his character that warrants more films IMO. Either way, it will be hard to have any films that take place in the future beyond TROS without Rey and Finn being connected to it in some way. At least unless they go ahead like 100 years or something...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  11. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Hopefully not. They aren’t that interesting. Rey maybe, the other two...not so much.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Poe: Hey Finn, who's your favorite Ghostbuster?
    Finn: Ray!
    Poe: I can't remember. What's your favorite fish? The Manta...
    Finn: Ray!
    Poe: What are those beams of light that come from the sun?
    Finn: Rays!

Troy_Viszla likes this.
  13. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I don't think in terms of there being future films for these characters, but this is the future I envision that might be told in part by other media or in fans' imaginations. Of course this is a question with a "ST are canon" reference frame. Using that frame this is the future that I envision.

The challenge for Rey Skywalker is building a new order that doesn't simply replay what the Jedi were before, since that failed. Not only that but it's in the context of building the New Republic back. the new Jedi (or Skywalkers) will have to come to terms with working out their relationship to that emerging political situation.

My hope would be that Rey ascends to the role of teacher and master, but comes to appreciate Finn and Temiri who will be her most important students. She will investigate the history of the Jedi and the republic while also having access to Sith records on Exegol and other sources. Some disagree but I think Rey is a highly intelligent character. She will need all of her intelligence and sensitivity to navigate this rebirthing process, but she will have important help from the departed Jedi whom she can contact more frequently although not necessarily at will. That will be part of how she will be able to remake the Jedi (or a new body of Force-sensitives) to ensure a prosperous and stable if not necessarily predictable future for the galaxy.

I don't think much of this really lends itself to spectacular new film installments, but it's an inspiring idea and I think that is what is implied. All of them can have new adventures. Both Jannah and Finn have families to find, potentially, and Lando can lead them on that quest. Maz Kanata could be a great resource to Rey and Poe, who will be spiritual and political leaders now. And I think Finn's special bond with Rey will ensure that he is her most devoted student and also a person to whom she can listen, as he grows in the Force. The future looks bright because the Emperor's last ditch scheme to unleash the darkness has been foiled.

Of course it will be a problem to ensure that planet-busting technology does not get resurrected, but without the spiritual villainy of the Sith, military and technology centered bad guys won't be able to get as far. I think this really is the happily ever after moment, even though Rey has lost the chance to discover a deepening life connection to Ben Solo. She will always be a little bit sad, like Luke was, but she won't be demoralized into exile or give up on the school.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  14. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'd like to see Rey in other media. If DR doesn't want to do anything more (which is fine) then I'd like to see her in comics or books.

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This is honestly what I was afraid of. Literally, no one seems interested in Finn and Poe. So many missed opportunities with them throughout the Disney trilogy. I fear that there isn't much one can do with them except have them as sidekicks. Let's hope that that isn't the case...

16. Callous Jedi

Callous Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2020
    Rey in another Star Wars movie ... she can use the title Master Skywalker ... a title that Luke Skywalker was never called. But she did call his twin sister Master ... but she never called Luke Master. Since she is now the last know living Jedi, if she starts the next Jedi Order ... she can be called Grand Master Skywalker. Since she is only in her early 20's, she will me the youngest Grand Master Jedi ever. Like they say, the FORCE IS FEMALE. Would be so cool to see the new Jedi Council being all female. Think I should send a email to Disney and looking for a woman with a last name of Kennedy

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She called Luke "Master" in TROS.

I will give the benefit of the doubt that your blinding hatred of empowered women led to your missing it.

EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    It's pretty clear that Rey, and Kylo are by some distance the most successful Star Wars characters since the OT (with the honourable exception of Baby Yoda), but hard to see them having a future in the films. (Particularly Kylo for obvious reasons) Maybe an older Rey making a cameo or having a minor role in a movie set post-TROS at some point down the road, but I'd prefer to leave the main saga at 9 rather than doing a 10/11/12 etc.

Actually BB8 is up there among the most successful SW characters too, he could probably show up if Rey did.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Chiznuk Edit: Nope.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2020
    May Sue likes this.
  20. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    Thank you for your judgement!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My pleasure. I assure you, it wasn’t difficult!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    May Sue likes this.
  22. Callous Jedi

Jan 27, 2020
    The relationship between Rey and Kylo is and will be a complex relationship. When I do see Rey and Kylo fighting each other: that song "My Boyfriend's Back" from The Angels (1963) is playing within my head. They want to kill each other, and they want to save each others lives. This in a number of reasons mirrors the relationship with Buffy and Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In time we will have a number of videos of them fighting with songs from the poster.

The question is: what to do with Rey? Maybe J J Abrams needs to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We do have a single Jedi and she is female, very much like Buffy was as the only Slayer. Then there are two female Slayers, and they only enjoy fighting each other and annoying each other -- but have a special relationship. Then at the end, they find a Jedi ax and the special powers makes millions of female Jedi's to rule the galaxy. J J Abrams, he steals ideas and calls it his own idea.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Discuss the post not the poster. If you have an issue with a user's post then report it.

@Mary Sue Your schtick is already wearing thin. Either contribute constructively to the conversation or you will may find yourself in the Unban Request forum.

EHT, TCF-1138 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Up to 'W' in the playlist.

Selects 'The Who'

Who are you? and Won't get fooled again are first up....

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

It's too bad that he and Isaac seem to feel this way now (and maybe Ridley, but not sure)... but it is what it is.

Either way, though... as I've said before, I hope that TROS and the end of the Skywalker Saga meant that we don't continue to see any of these characters in new movies going forward. I liked the movie and the characters, but that should be where their stories end.

Troy_Viszla likes this.